Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Do u guys ever get high and listen to....~pink floyd~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Used to listen to The Wall a lot when I smoked before the army. Dark side of the moon wasn't my generation, but caught rotation.

I mostly stick to drive-by truckers and similar sad alt-country.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i do 90's hip hop and r+b when i smoke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbnoG2dsUk0

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I listen to whatever I’m in the mood for.

Just picked up some Blackjack. Love that loving weird bubblegum flavor.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The live resin I got is maui wowie. I was going to get shatter of it but the dude at the shop mentioned he had it in live for $1 more, also 87% to the shatters 83%.

The wax I got is called strawberry citrus. Haven't tried it yet, but the live resin is just thin enough to dip the wax on the spoon in it and add a layer of tasty flavor.

I still have some maui poison and pura grimace from the last trip, but it wasn't going to last until next week.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

this song is incredibly bad rear end

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mods change my name posted:

this song is incredibly bad rear end

Thank Timbaland for that

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
90s rap best rap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeL9gagV_VA

Love me some gin and juice on bluegrass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1N3UyT1lE

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I’m pretty close to trying to play guitar again. Haven’t really played in 10 years or so, and I was never fantastic, but I could plink around and play songs.

Already know how to play/assemble drums so I could probably record something at some point in my life.

I love music. Always have. poo poo gives me goosebumps. Completely sober.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I played alto saxophone when I was a kid, from 1st until 6th grade. Around 18 I picked up a guitar and tab sheeted my way through a few songs. Eventually bought an electric, then a banjo while I was in the army. In true bad decision fashion, I sold it so I could afford to go to Bonnaroo one year.

Music is great. It drowns out the tinnitus. I'd love to say I love peace and quiet, but when I finally get close to it... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm baking a loaf of banana nut bread with a gram of that 80% thc strawberry citrus wax.

My apartment smells amazing right now. And that banana bread is gonna put me on the moon.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm baking a loaf of banana nut bread with a gram of that 80% thc strawberry citrus wax.

My apartment smells amazing right now. And that banana bread is gonna put me on the moon.

That sounds nice. Care to share the recipe?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

i downloaded both of these songs through kazaa when i was 10 btw

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
/\ I did too.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That sounds nice. Care to share the recipe?

I just used a krusteaz box and substituted butter for oil.

It's pretty effective. I ate an end piece about five minutes out of the oven, around ten hours ago. Had me giggling like Butthead for a good bit.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Never seen yellow banana bread before, but if its working for you then rock on my dude.

I use this America's Test Kitchen recipe that's really good but idk how you'd work drugs into it

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Never seen yellow banana bread before, but if its working for you then rock on my dude.

I use this America's Test Kitchen recipe that's really good but idk how you'd work drugs into it

Whenever you bake, your stuck at around 325 or else the THC starts to evaporate. Causes problems so sometimes different ingredients are called for

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Ah makes sense, I've never tried making drug food.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ah makes sense, I've never tried making drug food.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Soulex posted:

Whenever you bake, your stuck at around 325 or else the THC starts to evaporate. Causes problems so sometimes different ingredients are called for

I baked it at 350. THC doesn't turn to vapor until 392*F. When I was decarbing it, the excess that wasn't thc boiled off. I did my decarb and butter mix kinda weird. I stuck the hash in a small mixing bowl and stuffed it in the toaster oven for about ten minutes at 250, and gradually added the whole stick of butter over the next 15 minutes, still around 250. It was hot liquid buttery goodness going into the mix.

It's yellow because it's a box mix. I didn't feel like going around finding all the stuff I needed to make a proper one. And I'm lazy. Gonna make another batch friday, since I have a four day weekend, but I'll get a proper recipe before then.

If I did this right, the loaf has 800mg-ish of thc. About 80-100mg a slice. And it definitely feels like I did it right. I didn't dab this morning and I'm right where I'm comfortably stoned but capable of doing poo poo.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 18, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What color is yours? Mine comes out a little more brown from the overripe bananas but looks just about the same. Recipe is from Joy of Cooking.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
usually more like this but it could be a lighting thing too

I put yogurt and walnuts in mine too if it makes any difference.

Banana Bread Buddies

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
also lol at the thread title and now the discussion

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I skip the nuts but I like to put some fresh lemon zest in mine.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The lighting is awful and my phone is four years old.

It's more brown than yellow, but fluorescent lights are the only thing in the kitchen.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I'd still eat the gently caress out of your bread then rave in2 the joy fantastic

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I baked it at 350. THC doesn't turn to vapor until 392*F. When I was decarbing it, the excess that wasn't thc boiled off. I did my decarb and butter mix kinda weird. I stuck the hash in a small mixing bowl and stuffed it in the toaster oven for about ten minutes at 250, and gradually added the whole stick of butter over the next 15 minutes, still around 250. It was hot liquid buttery goodness going into the mix.

It's yellow because it's a box mix. I didn't feel like going around finding all the stuff I needed to make a proper one. And I'm lazy. Gonna make another batch friday, since I have a four day weekend, but I'll get a proper recipe before then.

If I did this right, the loaf has 800mg-ish of thc. About 80-100mg a slice. And it definitely feels like I did it right. I didn't dab this morning and I'm right where I'm comfortably stoned but capable of doing poo poo.

It’s got to be lower because my vaporizer goes lower than that. I think it degrades or something around that. I always read 325 to cook, and I think it’s because THC is unstable at higher temps. Lose potency etc.

I might say gently caress it and try 350 though because it legit makes a difference cooking wise. Cookies are fluffier, bread is nicer.

I’m gonna make some lemon/honey/chamomile cookies for my wife and a lemon curd cheesecake soon too. Cooking is fun and easy. I made an orange-chocolate mousse the other day. Super easy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I’ve been listening to a lot of poo poo like https://youtu.be/if_vESQKioM

Layer building layer type stuff.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

usually more like this but it could be a lighting thing too

I put yogurt and walnuts in mine too if it makes any difference.

Banana Bread Buddies

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/6067-ultimate-banana-bread-recipe

Been meaning to try this out, looks good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm going to be lazy tonight and make box brownies. Gonna put a gram of hash in that too. I'm giving 4 out to coworkers and gonna munch on the other 8 all weekend. I should probably scrape together all my old gram jars and throw those in the toaster oven with the gram I'm going to cook.

Shooting for 60-80mg per brownie.

Had a thick slice of that banana bread this morning, the rest will be lucky to survive the night.

I will say, I've hardly dabbed since I baked this loaf. I've cut back at least half, maybe two-thirds what I typically smoke a day.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Dec 20, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I have to make a cheesecake this weekend.

What is lemon curd? Why so many eggs?

I love cooking. gently caress ever working as a cook though. That ship has sailed.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I spent five years in bar kitchens.

gently caress cooking.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah, I worked for a few years as a cook at a few places. gently caress the stress, low pay, alcoholism, and people. I had a dude kick me square in the back when I was trying to put stuff away for him and I was “taking too long.” I can’t count how many times I worked sober cooking. It’s not much.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
When I started cooking, I didn't drink or smoke weed at work. I'd take my shift drink after clocking out and smoke a lovely schwag joint at home.

By the time I moved to Memphis, I cooked more consistently when I was full out baked. Hooters was not as cool with it as the chain and dive bars I worked prior, but the aesthetical surroundings were rewarding enough.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

poo poo I worked at Hooter too. I had two ex-girlfriends working there too so, that really sucked.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never fished the company pond when I was at Hooters. Those women were fine but batshit insane. The most goddamn damaged women I've ever met (outside of strip clubs) worked at Hooters. Had a steady college girl at the time anyhow.

Hash brownies came out every bit as potent as I hoped.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I traded prescription meds for anxiety pain and depression, as well as drinking and smoking cigarettes for marijuana and never looked back. I'll have a drink or three rarely, but hands down weed cures what ails me and I dream of the day when it's there for whoever needs it, so everyone can decide for themselves if it's for them or not without someone else telling you how to feel about it.

I made a pound of chocolate recently infused with decarb'd Orange something-or-other and threw in a few drops of lemon essence and man that was some good stuff

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 23, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Good poo poo, man. I still ride the persistent wave of zoloft, but weed has taken place of a few other psych meds and driven off the need for painkillers. I'm also more active than before, maintaining a steadier weight, but not really eating any healthier.

I'm making a box of some cranberry orange muffin mix later today. Gonna make it a loaf. Probably gonna use the strawberry citrus wax I have laying around. Should make the next few days tolerable.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Just made a cheesecake with a milk and honey cookie base with chamomile mixed in and a lemon curd to put across the top. I can’t wait till it cools off.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
You lost me at chamomile