Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Cadell

What kind of god are you?
Cadell isn’t tremendously “great” with time. He’s a dog, first of all. And then he’s a dog of faeries on top of that. So while he would eagerly-- and honestly-- tell you that he was still quite new to the scene, in truth there are trees and mountains and rivers younger than he. Cadell is an Old God.

Who Are you?
Formerly? Warhound and Battlesteed to Red Queen Aeronwen. She carved out her kingdom in the time before time during one of the Tylwyth Teg’s bloodier civil wars. With an emphasis on the bloody. Aeronwen had a tendency to decapitate her enemies, tie their heads to a pike, and rope the pike to Cadell’s harness. Faeries are notoriously difficult to kill. Even without their bodies, they are still capable of feeling pain. They can still scream.

It was quite the sight. Cadell adorned in armor. The Red Queen atop his back. A dozen decapitated heads screaming for an end to their suffering. It was good fun. Cadell had fun.

But then she left him. He still doesn’t know why. Or even where she went. He’s pretty sure she’s coming back, though. It’s only been… what? A couple days?

Currently, Cadell is a “pet” to a college student. Her name is Kenzie. She smokes a lot of weed and has low self-esteem. She’s really, really sweet though. Like the Red Queen, she also likes to make Cadell wear funny (though significantly less lethal/disturbing) outfits. She doesn’t have to work a real job because she created for Cadell an Instagram and he went adorably viral and now has a bajillion followers. Kenzie has no idea this is related to Cadell’s powers or even that he has powers. She just thinks he’s a very good boy.

Which he is!

Where are you from?
Ynys Afallach, also known as the great and mysterious Avalon, also off-campus housing, Cainwood University (Go Titans!)

What are you the god of?
Hope +2

Used to be more of an inspiring-battle-presence type thing. Now it’s more of a making-young-people-feel-like-there-is-still-good-in-this-world-despite-growing-economic-disparity-and-omnipresent-social-injustice kind of thing. People love cute dogs. What can you do?

Where do you excel?
Utterly Beloved +4(mortal)

You can buy a shirt with Cadell’s face. You can buy a fluffy plushie that looks just like him. Post a picture with him in it and your social media presence is going to skyrocket. And if you think things are wild here, check out his following overseas. He just did a Japanese commercial for ice cream bars in the shape of his butt (they’re delicious).

What gives you an edge?
Literally a dog +2 (mortal)
Amazing hearing. Incredible nose. All the cool dog stuff you could want and more. Not much more though. (I’m thinking he can probably do some sweet fairy dog stuff, too, like jump really high and run far without getting tired but I’ll take your feedback. I’m also down to switch this and utterly beloved if you think one is better suited at +4 than the other).

What upends your plans?
It’s Gotta Be Fun!
Cadell is free-spirited, wild, and happy-go-lucky. If something get too serious… he’s going to find something else to do instead.

What kind of story do you want to tell?
Cadell doesn’t give a poo poo about human beings and would merrily prance while their world burns if it gave him the opportunity to rejoin the fairy world.

Conceptually, I think it would be really fun to play a character who is completely ambivalent to life but who is also really, really, really nice. Just by default. And I’ve built in a little conflict down the road if he start to get invested in one or two mortal relationships.

Bonus Pic of Cadell and Red Queen Aeronwen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

LLSix posted:

At first glance I loved this god. I'm not really understanding where you want to go with this or how Hope fits into anything. Can you help clarify that for me? I'd understand if it was speed (or velocity or acceleration), or strength, or fascination or infatuation or beauty; but Hope feels like its coming out of left field.

I wrote Hope. I think I meant Inspiration. I think either could work, though. Cadell was never a god of war but he was a beast of it. Of course, his form no longer plays to that position. Not with humans. Not with guns and tanks. Yet that bolstering of the spirit remains. That ability to drum up courage. To quicken hearts and swell chests. He makes people feel... capable. Not smarter. Not tougher. For example, look at Kenzie. He didn't cure her depression or halt her tendency to self-medicate with smoking weed or fix her attraction to lovely men. He simply made her feel like things were possible, like the world was possible, like applying to your dream school was possible. And she was accepted to Cainwood-- on a scholarship no less-- and things have advanced from there. An art student in Lit 101 made a painting of Cadell "as a joke." Students touched it for luck. It became a (successful) ritual before tests. Things advanced from there. The unpaid graduate student teaching the class led a strike with his peers for appropriate compensation. It was successful. Things advanced from there.

Cadell thinks this is all great fun.

Should I change my aspect?

• Locked thread