Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Lazy Bear posted:

Dude, it has been forever and a minute since I've played 1e! I'll need to re-learn the system, but please provide me with a Vodacce Fate Spread. Because Vodacce is the best nation.

Hubris: Cowardly
or
Virtue: Focused

Past: Your great-aunt, a powerful Fate Witch while she was still alive, presented you with a beautiful sword while you were young, and it has saved your life many times since, sometimes seeming to have a life of its own as it twists in your hand to parry an incoming attack. You receive a 6-point Twisted Blade Advantage (granting the Blade 3 Destiny Dice) for free.

Present: You have blossomed into a very attractive person. You receive the Above Average Appearance Advantage for free.

Future: Keep your opinion to yourself. (Cursed 2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

MaliciousOnion posted:

or
Virtue: Focused

Past: Your great-aunt, a powerful Fate Witch while she was still alive, presented you with a beautiful sword while you were young, and it has saved your life many times since, sometimes seeming to have a life of its own as it twists in your hand to parry an incoming attack. You receive a 6-point Twisted Blade Advantage (granting the Blade 3 Destiny Dice) for free.

Present: You have blossomed into a very attractive person. You receive the Above Average Appearance Advantage for free.

Future: Keep your opinion to yourself. (Cursed 2)

Requesting a reroll of my Hubris.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Lazy Bear posted:

Requesting a reroll of my Hubris.

Hubris: Ambitious

Note you have to take this hubris, and can't choose your virtue.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

MaliciousOnion posted:

I am legit the only person so far to have taken a virtue over their Hubris so I don't know that that's an issue.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Well, my character's too standoffish to be Friendly. Made sense to me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

John Dyne posted:

I am legit the only person so far to have taken a virtue over their Hubris so I don't know that that's an issue.

How do you expect me to make a danish wizard martial artist with only 100HP, I ask you.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

wiegieman posted:

How do you expect me to make a danish wizard martial artist with only 100HP, I ask you.

90. You only get 90 HP if you take the virtue.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

MaliciousOnion posted:

Hubris: Ambitious

Happily.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Ussuran Muscle-Witch

Swords are for little girls :colbert:
pre:
Name: Katyusha Zaporizhianov
Nation: Ussura
Hubris: Overzealous
Income: 30
Sword School: Dobrynya Wrestling School

HP:110/110

Traits: 
Resolve: 4
Brawn: 3
Finesse: 1
Wit: 1
Panache: 1

Skills:
-Athletics
Climbing 2
Footwork 3
Sprinting 1
Throwing 1
-Pugilism
Attack 1
Footwork 3
Jab 1
-Scholar
History 1
Mathematics 1
Philosophy 1
Research 1
-Wrestling
Grapple 3
-Dobrynya
Bear Hug 2
Disarm (Wrestling) 1
Fortitude 1
Exploit Weakness (Dobrynya) 1

Languages:
Ussuran (literate)
Vodacce (literate)

Advantages:
Ordained
Large
Tough

Pyeryem:
Kodiak Bear 3
Snow Leapard 3
Owl 1

Backgrounds:
Nemesis (1 Point, Free) "Whiny Vaticine priest"
True Identity (2 Point, Free) "Zaporizhianov"

Weapons/Gear:
Hatchet
Riding Boots
Coat, Plain
Gloves Leather
Tent (2 Man)
Pillow
Blanket
Bed roll
Horse (riding)
Dress (Fancy)
Starting Guilders Remaining: 8.05
1. What country is your hero from?
Ussura. Specifically Gallenia

2. How would you physically describe your hero?
Large, in the overall sense. Soft, friendly features if you ignore the scars and the muscles. Early Pyeryem training tends to result in some nasty encounters with animals.

3. Does your hero have recurring mannerisms?
She occaisionally tries to wipe her missing eye. Just a habit.

4. What is your hero's main motivation?
Officially? Serving Knias Tamara and the Orthodox Faith. But anyone who knows her knows it's her daughter Katya.

5. What is your Hero's greatest strength? Greatest weakness?
Strength: Being able to turn into a bear is probably up there. Being able to snap a mans spine isn't far behind.
Weakness: Katyusha is a bit lacking in the brains department, despite her formal education.

6. What are your Hero's most and least favourite things?
Likes: Theus. Fuzzy animals. Kids. Might have a thing for Vendel men.
Dislikes: Heretics. Vodacce. Warm weather. Politics.

7. What about your Hero's psychology?
Imagine a grizzly bear with the religious sensibilities of a 16th century Spanish inquisitor.

8. What is your Hero's greatest fear?
That her inlaws will find her, or take her daughter. She hides her surname, in the fear that it would lead to her discovery. There isn't much she can do for her daughter besides pray to Theus that the Knias' protection is enough.

9. What are your Hero's highest ambitions? His greatest love?
Ambition: To return home to Breslau in honor. Preferably with the same favorable court position her parents had.
Love: Katya. Now and always.

10. What is your Hero's opinion of her country?
Ussura is a paradise. People there have just enough to be happy, instead of the corruptive influence of Vodacce wealth she's surrounded by these days. Best of all are the plains of Gallenia and her firery home of Breslau. It could do without the gossiping though. That could have been ANY bear.

11. Does your Hero have any prejudices?
If your answer to the question "How many prophets are there" isn't one you're pretty much on her shitlist. Other than that she only hates Vodacce, Montaigne, Eisen, Crescents, sorcerors, criminals, merchants, and teetotalers.

12. Where do your hero's loyalties lie?
Katya, the Orthodox faith, and Knias Tamara.

13. Is your hero in love? Is he married or betrothed?
Widowed. Her husband was an attractive Sousdalian nobleman who had trouble controlling his temper and libido. He died in a tragic bear mauling incident not long ago. Very sad.

14. What about your hero's family?
Katyusha's parents were from among the most distinguished houses in Gallenia. Supposedly. Katyusha won't reveal her family name, and experts on the happenings of Ussuran (especially Gallenian) nobility are rare enough in Vodacce that nobody has matched the details of her life with a name, but the gifts of Matushka run thick in her veins.

15. How would your hero's parents describe him?
They couldn't have asked for a finer son. Not the best student though.

16. Is your hero a gentlewoman?
"Gentle" isn't the way they'd put it, but she's a blueblood alright.

17. How religious is your Hero?
Katyusha is, legally speaking, an ordained priest. She just chooses to spread the good word by crushing spines with her bear arms. Extremely prone to getting into loud theological arguments regarding the validity of the later prophets, the legitimacy of Matushka, and whether or not Sud'ya is compatible with the worship of Theus.

18. Is your hero a member of a guild, gentleman's club or secret society?
Nope.

19. What does your hero think of sorcery?
As proud practition of Pyeryem, Katyusha thinks sorcery is pretty rad. As long as it's the kind that venerates Matushka. Otherwise it's simply another example of western heresies.

20. If you could, what advice would you give to your hero?
Read a book every once in awhile. Not every problem can be solved by turning into a bear and suplexing it.

Bio:
Katyusha, only daughter of a Gallenian noble family with Knias Tamara's ear, was sent into exile. Nobody called it exile, of course. Tamara herself insisted that she was being as an agent of the court to represent her interests in Vodacce(where the Gallenian monarch posessed no holdings or property). And, Tamara admitted, it might be best if she was somewhere far away while the scandal of her Sousdalian husbands bear induced death subsided. Her daughter and land holdings would be held in trust by the courts while she was away. And that she should avoid revealing who she was until she returned to Breslau. Just in case.
It didn't take long for Katyusha's presence in Sant'Andrea to become the subject of gossip. Any new Orthodox priest in the city would draw attention, but one of her massive physical stature turned heads and parted crowds. When she moved her lodgings from the convent to a tent well off the main road outside the city most put it up to just being an Ussuran quirk. After all those Gallenian savages barely understood the concept of houses, she probably wanted to live somewhere familiar. It came out soon enough that her second exile was hardly voluntary, having been suggested to her by the local patriarch after a heated argument regarding the nature of the Prophets in the street with a Vaticine cleric ended with the man being menaced by a freakishly huge bear. Katyusha, a minor celebrity at this point, now spends her days either in Sud'ya out in her tent or drunkenly "preaching" in a variety of taverns. Loudly. Belligerently. With frequent rambling tangents about her daughter and only the occasional bear related incident.

Zedhe Khoja fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 18, 2017

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I might not be able to post an app until tomorrow, hopefully that is not past the deadline?

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
I haven't played a 7th Sea or PBP in years but boy howdy does this seem to scratch the itch.

Can I get a Montaigne Spread, please? I will try to get a submission by Sunday, though Monday may be more realistic. Hopefully that won't miss the deadline.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zurakara posted:

Give me a Ussaran spread if your still throwing out new spreads.

Hubris: Overzealous
or
Virtue: Propitious

Past: Your father was a priest in the Ussuran Orthodox Church, and he wanted you to follow in his footsteps, so you have spent your life preparing to serve. You gain the Ordained Advantage for free.

Present: Inadvertently, you have irritated the wrong person. Just what they intend to do about it remains to be seen. You gain a 1-point Nemesis Background.

Future: You must face your fears if you are to survive. (Fear 2)

cigaw posted:

I haven't played a 7th Sea or PBP in years but boy howdy does this seem to scratch the itch.

Can I get a Montaigne Spread, please? I will try to get a submission by Sunday, though Monday may be more realistic. Hopefully that won't miss the deadline.

or
Virtue: Comforting

Past: A few years ago you lent money to an acquaintance who since that time has avoided you like the plague. Recently, you and a few bodyguards collected on the debt You begin the game with an extra 500 guilders and a 1-point Nemesis Background for free.

Present: While attending court recently, you were mercilessly ridiculed by one of your chief rivals. You became the laughing-stock of the entire evening, much to the pleasure of your rival. Your starting Reputation is lowered by 5 and you receive a 2-point Ridiculed Background for free.

Future: Your acts of kindness will be rewarded. (Romance 2)

Lazy Bear on Discord posted:

@MaliciousOnion Will you be using the rules for noble families, or are they mechanically vanilla?

Also ask about regional dialects, SVP.

If you have the Noble Advantage, you can use the Noble Family rules found in the Nations books. We won't be using the Land Management rules in the GM's guide.

As for dialects, we'll stick with the basics. Feel free to use dialects for fluff purposes, though.

:siren:I'll give everyone about 48 hours to finish off their sheets, then I'll make my picks.:siren:

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

MaliciousOnion posted:

or
Virtue: Comforting

Past: A few years ago you lent money to an acquaintance who since that time has avoided you like the plague. Recently, you and a few bodyguards collected on the debt You begin the game with an extra 500 guilders and a 1-point Nemesis Background for free.

Present: While attending court recently, you were mercilessly ridiculed by one of your chief rivals. You became the laughing-stock of the entire evening, much to the pleasure of your rival. Your starting Reputation is lowered by 5 and you receive a 2-point Ridiculed Background for free.

Future: Your acts of kindness will be rewarded. (Romance 2)
That's quite a spread. I can combine Past and Present and make it work. Can I get a redraw of the Hubris?

MaliciousOnion posted:

As for dialects, we'll stick with the basics. Feel free to use dialects for fluff purposes, though.
So no being from Paix and getting the Vodacce language for free, huh? :(

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

cigaw posted:

That's quite a spread. I can combine Past and Present and make it work. Can I get a redraw of the Hubris?

Hubris: Arrogant

quote:

So no being from Paix and getting the Vodacce language for free, huh? :(

I'll rule that foreign nationalities can purchase the Vodacce Language for one point less than listed in the book, even down to 0 points. Conversely, Vodacce characters can purchase any one Language for one point less than listed in the book, even down to 0 points. Note that you don't have to take this Language Advantage.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I got a fever, and the only cure is MORE DESTINY SPREADS

FOR AVALON

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

If spreads are still open, hit me with some of that Ussura action!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

John Dyne posted:

I got a fever, and the only cure is MORE DESTINY SPREADS

FOR AVALON

Hubris: Hedonistic
or
Virtue: Perceptive

Past: When you were a child you became very ill. No conventional medicine would ease your pain, so your parents took you to see a druid. After an obscure ritual, you were cured. The druid took a special liking to you and has kept a watchful eye on you ever since. You receive a 3-point Connection Aqvantage to the druid.

Present: You recently were surprised by an Unseelie Sidhe known as Jimmy Squarefoot. You remained calm, unfortunately for him, and actually tricked him by promising him fortunes untold. News of your triumph has gotten around. Your starting reputation is increased by 5.

Future: Inner peace is the key to happiness. (Moment of Awe 2)

Tricky posted:

If spreads are still open, hit me with some of that Ussura action!

Hubris: Trusting
or
Virtue: Willful

Past: Your father was a priest in the Ussuran Orthodox Church, and he wanted you to follow in his footsteps, so you have spent your life preparing to serve, You gain the Ordained Advantage for free.

Present: Out of boredom, you recently left home. On your way to Vodacce, you met a Tibesti who bears a striking resemblance to you. The resemblance was uncanny - even your own father would mistake this fellow. Ever since you left his company you've been running into people who mistake you for him - and it seems he's in trouble of some sort. You gain a 3-point Mistaken Identity Background.

Future: You will receive an invitation to join something larger than yourself. (Membership Advantage)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
While it's fun to have hosed over a Seelie, lemme get a reroll pardner.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

John Dyne posted:

While it's fun to have hosed over a Seelie, lemme get a reroll pardner.

Present: You are searching for a famous swordsman who challenged your father to a duel and killed him before your eyes when you were but a boy. The man laughed at you when you cried out and tossed a coiIl on the ground at your feet. When find this man you must make him pay. You receive a 3-point Vendetta Background for free.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Can I get a future reroll?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Kaiyan D'Ashar

At a young age, Kaiyan had fallen ill with a sickness untouchable by normal means, suffering day and night of a nigh unbreakable fever. When hope but had been all but lost, her father had turned to the druid Nerem for help. The man had seen the sickness for what it was, a trick of the Unseelie, and had used his magics and his uncommon knowledge of medicine to cure it.

For all the joy it brought the family, that joy was to be quenched not even a month later, when her father was felled by the infamous Vodacce swordsman, Michaelangelo of the Ten Blades. Kaiyan had borne witness to this fateful battle, and it was only through the intervention of Nerem that she had not run to her father's side. The duelist had mocked her and the druid both and tossed his battered sidearm to the girl's feet. "A token to remember your father by, dear heart."

Half a decade passed, and the young woman made the journey from her home in Insmore to Montaigne, where she became a Tyro under Leonardo Babineux, a knight of the Rose and Cross. There she learned to use the shield she so clumsily carried before, and to discard the short sword of her father for a longer, heavier blade. On one fateful night, she and several others of her organization drew stones to see who would be the one that would need to use killing force in the name of protecting the innocent, and Kaiyan opened her palm to see the black stone. She speaks little of the incident, but to kill someone as she had seen her father slain had changed her and hardened her heart.

Now, however, she has heard rumors of Michaelangelo in Numas, attending the court of a countess. With a Tyro of her own to help balance her reactions, she makes the trek south and east, to Vodacce, to finally settle the score.

Name: Kaiyan D'Ashar
Nation: Insmore
Virture: Perceptive

Resolve: 3
Brawn: 3
Finesse: 2
Wit: 2
Panache: 2

Skills:
-Kjemper
Attack (Shield) 2
Corps-a-Corps 2
Wall of Steel (Shield) 2
Exploit Weakness (Kjemper) 1

-Longsword
Attack (Longsword) 3
Parry (Longsword) 2

-Shield
Parry (Shield) 3

Advantages:
Connection (3 pt, Druid)
Swordsman's Guild Membership
Rose and Cross Membership
Dietrich Sword
Tyro (50 HP Henchman)

Backgrounds:
Vendetta (3pt)
Moment of Awe (2pt)
Black Stone Veteran (2pt)

Items:
Shield (1k1)
Dietrich Longsword (3k2)

School Bonuses:
You may use the longsword in one hand without penalty.
Negates the off-hand penalty for using a shield to attack.
+5 to parry with a shield.

Rose and Cross Bonuses
The knight you served under as a Tyro can provide guidance.
Sorte sorcery has a +10 TN to affect you.
You have access to the chapter houses and libraries.
You gain 1 extra reputation die.

Name: Donatello Artanis
Nation: Montaigne
Hubris: Inattentive

Brawn: 2
Resolve: 2
Wits: 2
Finesse: 2
Panache: 2

Skills:
-Rois et Reines
Beat (Polearm) 1
Lunge (Polearm) 1
Pommel Strike (Polearm) 1
Exploit Weakness (Rois et Reines) 1

-Firearms
Attack (Firearms) 1
Reload (Firearms) 1

-Polearm
Attack (Polearm) 1
Parry (Polearm) 1

-Courtier
Dancing 1
Etiquette 1
Fashion 1
Oratory 1

Equipment:
Musket w/Bayonet

School Bonuses:
Negates the off-hand penalty when using a firearm.
+10 yards on pistol and musket range.
+5 to Attack(polearm) when using a bayonet.

10. What is your Hero's opinion of her country?

16. Is your hero a gentlewoman?

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 17, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Viktor hails from Ussura.

Despite a careful attempt to cultivate an unremarkable look, Viktor is clearly a fine physical specimen and not exactly what most would expect a priest, even an orthodox priest, to look like.

Despite — or perhaps because of — his training in both the Orthodox faith and the more Vatacine variety, Viktor often mixes the two in ways that some might find strange. He also consistently carries a number of crosses, both standard and his small, secret black cross, that he holds and whispers prayers over when in a tough situation.

Viktor is a true believer in Die Kreuzritter's mission to sacrifice their own righteousness for the good of Theah. He has killed for them and, indeed, would die for them.

His greatest strength is the moral clarity that faith brings. Even on the most difficult of missions, it is unlikely that his will will waver. On the other hand, for a spy and assassin... He trusts far too easily. It's not sure whether it is a fundemental belief in the good at the heart of man or simply the belief that nobody could possibly lie to a priest.

Outside of his duties for Die Kruezritter, Viktor quite enjoys giving sermons to his flock or debating the finer points of theology with fellow scholars. He does not much care for posing as a simple servant, as some of the duties that requires are... unpleasant, to say the least.

Driven, quite possibly to the point of madness.

That he, through word or deed, will betray Die Kreuzritter.

Viktor's service has been exemplary and, someday, he hopes to be invited to the Phantom Guard. His great love is the people of Theah. Many require removal, yes, but the majority are hard-working and moral folk who deserve nothing of what the sorcerors would bring them.

10. What is your Hero's opinion of his country?

Ussura is a land of many ancient mysteries, but it holds a special place in Viktor's heart. He whispers prayers to Matushka as much as the saints or angels.

Sorcerors, in general, are to be distrusted, but Porte sorcerors are the lowest scum and a swift death is the most they deserve.

Die Kreuzritter.

No.

Viktor left them behind when he joined the order, though it was tough for him to do so. His father was the driving force in him joining the Orthodoxy and, indeed, becoming a candidate for the order.

15. How would your hero's parents describe her?

Before his assumed death, Viktor was driven, a voracious learner, and a credit to his family. These same qualities have made him a successful member of the Black Crosses.

16. Is your hero a gentleman or gentlewoman?

Only so far as it serves the cause.

Very, though he still sometimes struggles to marry the orthodox faith he was raised in with the tenets that Die Kreuzritter live by.

Viktor is an assassin of Die Kreuzritter.

He's... not a fan.

Dude. Dude. You're a crazy religious assassin, right? Why do you trust people so much??

quote:

Name: Viktor Alexeev (Assumed Identity)
Nation: Ussura
Hubris: Trusting

Traits - 56
Brawn 3 [16]
Finesse 3 [16]
Resolve 2 [Nation]
Wits 2 [8]
Panache 3 [16]

Advantages - 41
Ordained (Ussuran Orthodoxy) [Destiny]
Membership (Die Kreuzritter) [Destiny]
Swordsman School (Mortis) [25]
Nightblade [4, Assassins Discount]
University [4]
Language (Ussura, Vodacce) [2]
Toughness [3]
Able Drinker [1]
Keen Senses [2]

Backgrounds
Mistaken Identity 3 [Destiny]

Skills - 13
Acrobat - Balance 2, Footwork 3 [1]
Courtier - Dancing 2, Etiquette 2, Fashion 2, Oratory 2 [1]
Criminal - Gambling 1, Shadowing 2, Stealth 3 [Mortis]
Hunter - Stealth 3, Survival 1, Tracking 1 [1]
Performer - Acting 1, Dancing 2, Oratory 2, Singing 1 [1]
Sailor - Balance 2, Climbing 2, Knotwork 1, Rigging 1 [1]
Scholar - History 1, Mathematics 1, Philosophy 1, Research 1 [Ordained]
Servant - Etiquette 2, Fashion 2, Menial Tasks 1, Unobtrusive 1 [1]
Spy - Shadowing 2, Stealth 3 [1]
Streetwise - Socializing 1, Street Navigation 1 [1]
---
Athlete - Climbing 2, Footwork 3, Sprinting 1, Throwing 1 [3]
Knife - Attack (Knife) 3, Parry (Knife) 1, Throw (Knife) 1 [Mortis, 2]
Mortis - Double-attack (Knife) 2, Exploit Weakness (Mortis) 1, Riposte (Knife) 1, Throw (Knife) 1 [Mortis]

Gear:
2x Stilleto (1k2)
Nightblade (0k2, +1k0 on attack rolls, ignores armor/parry attempts, leaves no visible mark)
90g

Tricky fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 17, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Hmm. How about an Avalon spread also? I kind of want to make some kind of sidhe-blooded.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Zurakara posted:

Can I get a future reroll?

Revelations do not come easily. (True Identity 2)

wiegieman posted:

Hmm. How about an Avalon spread also? I kind of want to make some kind of sidhe-blooded.

Hubris: Hedonistic
or
Virtue: Insightful

Past: Your family has traditionally been very religious in nature.When you were young, they sent you away to learn about the church and its importance. As a result, you have recently been ordained by the Avalon Church. You receive the Ordained Advantage for free.

Present: You recently rescued an Avalon nobleman from a runaway coach. In thanks, he gave you a special reward. You receive a 2-point Magical Item for free.

Future: You will soon lose someone you love. (Lost Relative 2)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Wow that actually fits really well.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Let me get in on the party for a Castille spread, please!

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Sidhe-Blooded from Avalon/Bryn-Brasil. Originally raised by cold and distant Sidhe grandfather, kicked out to find human father who had taken vows and was very surprised to find out he had a daughter, especially since she was grown up and he met that sidhe lady a few years ago (Sidhe realm time shenanigans.) As an outspoken reformer priest, her father was later spirited away by the sinister inquisition in the dead of night.

pre:
Name: Sineag air Lochan
Nationality: Avalon/Bryn-Brasil
Sorcery: Half-Blooded Glamour [18]
School: Faileas [25]
110 Max HP

Traits [56]
Brawn: 		2
Finesse: 	3
Resolve: 	2 (+1 Avalon)
Wits: 		3 
Panache: 	3

Advantages: [7]
 Ordained [destiny] (In the Church of Avalon)
 Magical Item (Seven League Striders) [destiny]
 Sidhe-Blooded (Iron Vulnerability, Huge Appetite, Keen Senses, 
  Good Standing, Slow Aging & Disease Immunity) [2]
 Sidhe Weapon (Sword - 3k2, 4k2 in Avalon) [4]
 Legendary Trait (Finesse) [1]

Languages: [4]
 Avalon [Native]
  Literate [1]
 Vendel [1]
 Vodacce [2]

Hubris: Hedonistic - GM may invoke to make me party so hard, man, you have no idea.

Background(s): 
 Lost Relative 2 (Kidnapped father, an outspoken reformer priest) [destiny]

Skills:
 Apprentice Glamour - Reputation Dice become Glamour Dice, which can be spent like Drama dice (except for Arcana/XP)
  (Finnesse) Anne o' The Wind 2 - Spend a Drama/Glamour die to gain +5 initiative per rank.
  (Wits) Lady of the Lake 1 - Spend a Drama/Glamour die to automatically suceed on a perception test. 
   Also, roll 1k1 (2k2 in Bryn-Brasil). On a 20+, the Lady of the Lake notices and may decide to mess with your life.

Scholar [destiny]
  History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Research

Faileas (Apprentice - gain the Left Handed Bonus, and use Panache as Passive Defense)
  Feint (fencing), Wall of Steel, Reflect (fencing), Exploit Weakness (Faileas) 

Courtier [school]
  Dancing, Etiquette, Fashion, Oratory

Fencing [school]
  Attack (Fencing), Parry (Fencing)

Income: 30g
Money and Loot

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 20, 2017

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

cigaw posted:

Let me get in on the party for a Castille spread, please!

Hubris: Lecherous
or
Virtue: Fortunate

Past: The War with Montaigne virtually wiped out your whole village. You found the commander who was responsible for the carnage, and he defeated you single-handedly. Ever since then, you have been trying to track him down and exact revenge for his villainous deeds. It has been some time, and your one consolation is that he is not getting any younger. You gain a 3-point Defeated Background for free.

Present: You have had a misunderstanding, and have lost contact with your family. You gain a 2-point Dispossessed Background for free.

Future: You will fall madly in love. (Romance 2)

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
Sorry about the pretty late and almost complete (need to look at equipment, but don't expect anything out of the ordinary) entry. I'm still scrambling for work, so I'll wrap up and polish everything later today.

Don Esteban Aldana de Torres del Castillo

Castille, more specifically from war-ravaged Rancho Torres.

Esteban is tall and lean, with the wiry and graceful build typical of bullfighters. His hair is long and raven-black, usually tied into a pony-tail with a black velvet ribbon.

He still carries himself like someone born to station and who is used to being in the limelight. Esteban has a tendency to end his sentences in a question; this is especially noticeable when his temper starts to rise.

To restore his honor and land. Rancho Torres suffered greatly during the Montaigne invasion. Esteban's holdings were invaded and burned to the ground by the forces of one Captain Pierre Lefevre. Seeking vengeance, Esteban tracked the Captain down and was then soundly defeated in a duel. His lands and his honor gone in one fell swoop of his enemy's sword.

Timing is his strength. That is what the Torres school is about. That is how you kill a charging bull. You bide your time and you position yourself and then you strike.

Though he tends to keep it under control most of the time, Esteban has a hard time resisting temptation from time to time. When everything depends on timing, losing it can be deadly.

Esteban loves good wine and the night's sky on a clear night. He greatly dislikes killing senselessly - which is why he cut his bullfighting career short.

Adaptive and quick-witted, Esteban is quick to laugh and enjoy the finer things in life.

Finding Captain Lefevre and losing everything yet again.

His short-term goals are to reclaim his land and titles. After that, to master the sword and revel in the good things.

10. What is your Hero's opinion of his country?
Esteban loves Castille, though he is uneasy about the mounting reports of the Inquisition's actions.

Esteban tries to be objective about everyone and everything he meets, though he does harbor a great distrust toward the Montaigne military.

To family and the Prophets.

Esteban has dabbled in romantic affairs, but nothing stuck so far..

His father, Don Rodrigo, passed away when Esteban was little. His mother, Dona Antonia, is currently with her parents in Rancho Aldana.

Hopefully, Don Rodrigo would have been proud of the man he's trying to become. Dona Antonia is sad that Esteban seems lost, seeking an uncertain vengeance against someone who razed so much of Castille and may not even remember him.

16. Is your hero a gentleman or gentlewoman?
Absolutely.

Devout Vaticine.

The Swordsman Guild - which was quote an accomplishment, considering the Torres school is not affiliated.

Very, very distrustful.

You need to look further ahead. Even if you find this Captain and defeat him - then what? How will that heal the wounds? How will it fix anything?

pre:
Name: Don Esteban Aldana de Torres del Castillo
Nation: Castille
Hubris: Lecherous
    - Your GM can activate your Hubris in order to convince you to give in to temptation.
Drama Dice: 0

HP: 110/110

Traits: [56]
Brawn:   2
Finesse: 3
Wits:    3
Resolve: 2
Panache: 3

Advantages:
[6] Roving Don: start with 6,000 G but have no monthly income and spend 50 G/week to maintain lifestyle. Become a full noble if lands are reclaimed
[3] Indomitable Will: +2 unkept dice on contested social rolls.
[2] University: civil skills cost 1 HP
[2] Torres Blade: +3 to damage rolls
[2] Languages: Castille (R/W), Vodacce, Montaigne

Backgrounds: [0]
[0] Defeated 3: 
[0] Dispossessed 2: 
[0] Romance 2: Future

Swordsman School: Torres [22]
Apprentice: Negates the off-hand penalty when using a cloak. Side-step knack can affect 2 Action dice as an Apprentice, 3 as a Journeyman, and 4 as a Master. Side-step is a Basic Knack.
[0] Double Parry: 1
[0] Tagging: 2
[2] Side-step: 3
[0] EW (Torres): 1

Martial Skills: [8]
[0+2] Cloak: Parry 3
[0+2] Fencing: Attack 3, Parry 1
[2+2] Athlete: Climbing 1, Footwork 3, Sprinting 1, Throwing 1, Side-step 3

Civil Skills: [4]
[0+1] Courtier: Dancing 2, Etiquette 2, Fashion 1, Oratory 2
[1+0] Performer: Acting 1, Dancing 2, Oratory 2, Singing 1
[1+0] Guide: Street Navigation 1, Ride 1, Stealth 1
[1+0] Scholar:"History 1, Mathematics 1, Philosophy 1, Research 1

Equipment:
TODO
6,000G

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Vodacce's Most Wanted
  • Siofra - Tricky
  • Gulliver Thibault du Corriveau - Dachshundofdoom
  • Haldor Rochusson - wiegieman
  • Katyusha - Zurakara
  • Kaiyan D'Ashar - John Dyne

Apologies to those who didn't make it, it was a very tough choice.

Game thread will be up shortly. Make sure your sheet is 100% in order.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Buh Theus! That's Katyushas music!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SLvtP6KMUM

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

It turns out Christmas is not the best time to launch a game. Fear not, I'm still working on the game thread, I've just been incredibly busy.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

:siren: Get postin' :siren:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

We've now got a Discord channel to do OOC chat in, if you're into that sort of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Woops, missed the update, I'll get a post up before tomorrow night.

• Locked thread