Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
and... it's good???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
nobody cares op

mods do the needful: close thread, ban op

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I guess you could say.... I love edging :pervert:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its actually bad hth op

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

pram posted:

its actually bad hth op

this but ironically unironic

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's called edge...because it's a browser designed with edge case (microsoft) users in mind

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

it's called edge...because it's a browser designed with edge case (microsoft) users in mind

:eyepop:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

:iceburn:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

:drat:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

:gas:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

lol

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the new Firefox is surprisingly not awful anymore. also the rendering engine looks a lot like WebKit and distinctly not blurry like gecko

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
what other masturbation habits can you name browsers after? is there like a mozilla sounding?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tmesis posted:

what other masturbation habits can you name browsers after? is there like a mozilla sounding?

Opera Denial is popular with a niche audience

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Goondolences op

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

tmesis posted:

Netscape keyboard goop v0.0.1

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
new name for using edge:

edging.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Lord help me I’m back on my Internet Explorer again

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
i use edge to read work pdfs

it really help keeps the yospos bithc segregated

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the pdf reader in edge is so weird though, or at least for me it sometimes seems to refuse to render a pdf for no good reason

though that is the (current) edge story, renders nicely, is fast and fluid, and then sort of glitchy and unfinished in all the chrome and surrounding bits

ended up going back to edge though when it turned out it lets me do the full workday without bringing my laptop charger, where both firefox and chrome hit the battery ever so slightly harder so it'd start complaining just before the end of the day v:shobon:v

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

ended up going back to edge though when it turned out it lets me do the full workday without bringing my laptop charger, where both firefox and chrome hit the battery ever so slightly harder so it'd start complaining just before the end of the day v:shobon:v

saving your employer money for electricity.

a good employee and microsoft products user.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

tmesis posted:

think i tor something, gotta ice my weasel

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ultravoices posted:

saving your employer money for electricity.

a good employee and microsoft products user.

motivated neither to buy another power brick (research grant where it'd effectively come out of my pocket no matter how i do it) nor to carry the one i have around during the day

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

motivated neither to buy another power brick (research grant where it'd effectively come out of my pocket no matter how i do it) nor to carry the one i have around during the day

microsoft edge: keeping you above 20%

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Welcome back, op. Edge is the best.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

flakeloaf posted:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Do Microsoft nerds get angry when people refer to edge as its rightful name, that is Internet Explorer?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i'm still trying to figure out how to say "edge" with such enthusiasm that i won't be fired on the spot

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

qhat posted:

Do Microsoft nerds get angry when people refer to edge as its rightful name, that is Internet Explorer?

it is at minimum a bit confusing since every system with edge also has a separate application named internet explorer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

it is at minimum a bit confusing since every system with edge also has a separate application named internet explorer

And they have the same icon. And they are both lovely and broken browsers.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

different kinds of brokenness are not interchangeable though, and in my book edge has the newer cooler set of weird behaviors~

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

Goondolences op

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

fetscape

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

different kinds of brokenness are not interchangeable though, and in my book edge has the newer cooler set of weird behaviors~

As a web dev, I don't test my poo poo for either browser. Use Chrome.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I only test in edge. I don't really care if something works in chome cause I don't deal w/ adware

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

akadajet posted:

As a web dev, I don't test my poo poo for either browser. Use Chrome.

you having a terrible job, and coping with it by doing it poorly, is doing very little to inform any of my choices really

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

getting web pages to work properly in both edge and internet explorer is some bullshit

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Shaggar posted:

I don't deal w/ adware

does that mean you dont use windows 10

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

HoboMan posted:

getting web pages to work properly in both edge and internet explorer is some bullshit

Sure, but either or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Chrome is the gold standard web browser implementation and lol if you use anything else.

• Locked thread