Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah I guess it could be PGO.

And I'm back on NGO with no case because nothing happened to change my mind since the case I made yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

So 2 posts is your whole case?

I said your posts in general but yeah.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh yeah I guess it could be PGO.

And I'm back on NGO with no case because nothing happened to change my mind since the case I made yesterday

oh yes your case, this one?

Retro Futurist posted:

See now that's interesting. NGO hated my gimmick so much that she wanted me out of the game for it, but now she's mad that I didn't commit enough.

where I thought posting spackit over and over is stupid and then thought you were weak for not committing to it? you gotta commit to a bit my friend, that's what comedy is all about

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yes that one

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

It’s day 2 and we are already talking about a pgo.

Makes sense...

Either:

A. Scum visited a PGO and got got
B. Scum visited someone who was protected in some capacity and failed their kill. A Vigilante got lucky and nailed scum or an SK just killed someone at random and it happened to be scum.

So doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't know about NGO, but the meta case on tone difference against sal is weak, but I don't know if that paints them as a scumbo.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The case on Sal is bad but it actually makes me feel ok about NGO

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I mean I'm sure they got stuff going on, but monathin and asiina both are suss to me. Asiina more just the lack of anything. Monathin the joke vote close to deadline.

*chin rubbing intensifies*

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
same for stone cold I suppose on lack of anything, but that could just be ~things~

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Occam’s razor, maybe closer to a PGO.

Also the “back on NGO” with no case feels lazy.

Maybe this is confirmation bias but I really don’t like this post. The first sentence reads like scum who knows the action of Bird and is saying something to seemingly contribute. The second sentence is pure hypocrisy since he had just accused Inf of bussing with no backup case.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Going to back off the "no content" cases for now because there are a few, but given how long this day is I'd like to see something. Admittedly probably will just be phone checking mostly through weekend, but I'll be here.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

Aha caught one ##vote ngo

I'm not sure I understand the gotcha on this one. Also if your case against NGO is that they were wishy washy about your joke phase gimmick then that's a bad case. Definitely not something to double down on in light of scum getting NK'd, imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Actually, that seems real donkeybrained to me. ##vote RF

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

That case is even worse than my case on sal which is admittedly bad

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

That case is even worse than my case on sal which is admittedly bad

Based on sal’s posting yesterday I believe he’s scum. Case forthcoming

Nah you're scum.

Not only is this wrong, I think you know this is wrong, and you're lying. A D1 no-lynch is better for scum than it is for town.

Your posts in general are different and seem less genuine than the last few games.

## vote SalTheBard

Do me a favor and explain the apparent discrepancy of confidence between these two bottom posts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I'm not sure I understand the gotcha on this one. Also if your case against NGO is that they were wishy washy about your joke phase gimmick then that's a bad case. Definitely not something to double down on in light of scum getting NK'd, imo.

I have no idea what that has to do with anything

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Do me a favor and explain the apparent discrepancy of confidence between these two bottom posts.

Just because I don't have the eloquence or wherewithal to make an effective case doesn't make my belief any weaker it just means I'm bad at making a case.

As my mafia hero (flerp) says u gotta follow yr heart

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

I have no idea what that has to do with anything

Great deflection, mate. 10/10. It just seems to me, that doubling down on that case has nothing to do with the actual unfolding content of the game.

Seems like something weird to hone in on lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Just because I don't have the eloquence or wherewithal to make an effective case doesn't make my belief any weaker it just means I'm bad at making a case.

As my mafia hero (flerp) says u gotta follow yr heart

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Great deflection, mate. 10/10. It just seems to me, that doubling down on that case has nothing to do with the actual unfolding content of the game.

Seems like something weird to hone in on lol.

I talked about the NK, but we don't actually know anything about it so I'm not sure how it's supposed to affect my thoughts on NGO. I'm not trying to deflect I legit have no idea what you're trying to say

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

it's me

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

yeah

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

I talked about the NK, but we don't actually know anything about it so I'm not sure how it's supposed to affect my thoughts on NGO. I'm not trying to deflect I legit have no idea what you're trying to say

I get that the logic in calling out your case in light of the NK isn't the best, but I feel that my point about your case overall being poorly developed and not on anything concrete still stands as its own argument.

I feel like you are avoiding addressing the points about your case on NGO being bad.

Explain your aha vote, and subsequent conviction please.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Don’t like rf or sal but is my judgement clouded by omgus?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Don’t like rf or sal but is my judgement clouded by omgus?

I mean your case on sal is still bad :colbert:

I just personally think RF looks worse, but also feel like maybe just being obtuse unintentionally??? Not sure...

more convinced on RF.

Also suss of the no content players who should POST OR DIE. (not literally, that would be terrible <3)

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'll ## unvote for now, we have 2 days

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
looking over the votes and such on D1 and I just don't have much hope that Sal is a nice person.

##vote SalTheBard

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I get that the logic in calling out your case in light of the NK isn't the best, but I feel that my point about your case overall being poorly developed and not on anything concrete still stands as its own argument.

I feel like you are avoiding addressing the points about your case on NGO being bad.

Explain your aha vote, and subsequent conviction please.

It is what it is. Make a better case if you want

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I would never bus a scumbro D1. D2 onwards maybe

##vote SOAG

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

While i agree with muse and his concern toward ngo, i dont think sal is the vote or is scum. Everything I'm seeing from him is lining up the same as when he was town in the prior few games I've played with him. I think he's a guy who just comes off super scummy with his regular gameplay as a result of his general timidity and fear to go into heavy cases where he could ve put in a visible light.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Zetsubou-san posted:

looking over the votes and such on D1 and I just don't have much hope that Sal is a nice person.

##vote SalTheBard

At what point was I rude?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

are you always this dense?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Infinitum posted:

I would never bus a scumbro D1. D2 onwards maybe

##vote SOAG

Weak. Weaker still for being an OMGUS.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I am not getting scum vibes from sal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Actually, friend, I think NGO is town, as his bad case on Sal reads as NGO thinking the case on Sal was gangbusters and then going back and realizing it wasn’t

I assure you this makes sense in my head

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait how did my post get screwed up

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
God drat phone posting

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm voting NGO. The weak accusation against me and considering at one point they had 3 or 4 votes D1 makes me think they are trying to flip the vote away from them (scum team) and force a lynch on a townie (me). I think Zetsuba is the scumbro trying also make a generally weak case for voting for me.

##vote NGO

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

SalTheBard posted:

My vote isn't going to matter today, Mon still needs 2. ##vote Monathin but I'm a team player so whatever

that is the most worthless post in this thread

even considering anidav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Zetsubou-san posted:

that is the most worthless post in this thread

even considering anidav

I felt pressured to vote, Monathin was still two votes down and there was literally like 5 minutes left of the day. If I said something you thought was rude I really do apologize. I enjoy playing mafia. I played in a DBZ game that got heated so I would like to avoid that here but I understand how it happens.

• Locked thread