Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i'll play, and I choose spackit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^^^NOOOO. Well I guess I'll choose KOWAKKA lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Zetsubou-san posted:

i really hope this is a nice chill game.

me too.

##vote Zetsubou-san

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
are we still in jokephase

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

I thought we were but just to be safe ##unvote SalTheBard

haha

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Venom Soag posted:

Hmmmmmm no.

I don’t like this post.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Venom Soag posted:

Hmmmmmm no.

would you mind explaining why you didn't like inf's decision to vote birdstrike? Seems awfully strange to single out this one vote. could it be that you are scum, and therefore know birdstrike is town?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hmmm yes my one thing celebrating the loss of a pedophile means that I am anti lynch, very astute

The scum probably wanted Moore to win lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'll vote anyone to avoid a nolynch idc

why is a d1 no lynch such a bad thing

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Because literally the only useful info you can get out of d1 is player interaction with dead players

The thing about d1 is that it is followed by n1. And we usually get some useful info from events that occur during that time. So I am OK with a no lynch.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Get rekt scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

I didn’t do that lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Tfw your scum discord shrinks by one member, amirite

##vote venom soag

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

You will be sad to hear that I'm once AGAIN Vanilla Town /sigh

that's not necessarily a bad thing imo. You still get to scumhunt.

SalTheBard posted:

So you think Inf is taking the glory for someone else's Nightvig? I'm genuinely confused.
my interpretation is that he did not do the night vig, but was happy to see he was right about his birdstrike scum read. i don't have a problem with that at all, and find it amusing that he is being accused of scum bussing lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
definitely getting some sus vibes from ngo as well

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
It’s day 2 and we are already talking about a pgo.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I am not getting scum vibes from sal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think soag is scum either, let’s take a look at some lurkers

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I have a feeling the most active people are town. Scum probsvly letting town players argue to get us to lynch each other.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

I'll flip to Soag if I have to but I'd rather people just do what I say.

Leaning that way tbh

ok well I'll be asleep for deadline

who are your top scum reads

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Venom Soag posted:

Yo when I flip town lynch Infinitum for being thick as two short planks.

Then lynch you are selves.

i was initially suspicious of you, but not anymore. there's still time for others to come around too

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
here's my scum list backed up by no evidence, just a gut feeling

Anomalous Amalgam
sc64

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
AA and sc64 are scum.

##vote sc64

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Do you think soag is town or just not scum?

It’s way to early to get into specific reads like that. I am not getting suspicious vibes from soad

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
look at these posts

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843272&userid=104695

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think we are gonna mislynch

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
haha whoops, i was wrong about sc64!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok so does anyone have anything useful to say or can we kill NGO for being scum now?

what are your thoughts on Anomalous Amalgam, who wanted to kill you yesterday

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Did someone say turbo Soag

##vote Soag

Other people I don’t like in order: Anidav, B

Hey B why are you so different than DBZ?

i get better as the game progresses.

but seriously, i have yet to see any legitimate cases on a few players. and yes im aware i haven't provided much of my own content and i've spent of the game questioning others.

i've played a few games with sal and he seems as sincere as he has in every game (afaik he was town in all previous games).
and i've liked how venom soag has handled the pressure.
on the fence about ngo, the d1 push for a lynch was fairly scummy

that's all ive got for now

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Zetsubou-san posted:

AA at least posted during Day 2

He tunneled RF pretty hard for most of d2.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im trying to figure out why the scum chose to kill sc64. he was barely active, which is part of the reason I suspected him. Seemed like a scum hiding in the background waiting for the town to work itself into a frenzy and ultimately mislynch. thankfully, that didn't happen.

so why was he killed? it doesn't appear that he provided anything other than gut reads.

- infi is town
- While i agree with muse and his concern toward ngo, i dont think sal is the vote or is scum. Everything I'm seeing from him is lining up the same as when he was town in the prior few games I've played with him

he did throw out a vote for infi early because "joke phase never ends" so I don't think there's much to read into that.

another possibility is that the scum killed sc64 to cast suspicion on me, the only person who voted to lynch sc64 yesterday. and if that's the case, then lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Here’s a summary of some of zetsubou-san’s activity:

D2:
- ##vote monathin “mona's reason for voting for NGO was bunk and when called on it failed to remove the vote”
- looking over the votes and such on D1 and I just don't have much hope that Sal is a nice person. ##vote SalTheBard

These are (IMO) very weak cases against sal and mona

ZS is not in favor of a no lynch. He votes for venom soag right as d2 is coming to a close:

Zetsubou-san posted:

this is a bad play but drat it there is the potential for useful information to be had

I SHALL CARRY YOUR HOPE FOR A TOWN VICTORY WITH ME!

##vote venom soag

D3:

At the start of d3, NGO asks everyone to revisit the case against sal, which is a reasonable thing to ask. Here is ZS’s reply:

Zetsubou-san posted:

well, my thoughts on sal haven't changed

##vote sal

Later, anidav makes a couple of summary posts. I agree with this one the most:

Anidav posted:

Usually in the case of people being in a thunderdome and killing eachother and all ending up as town, the scum are often and obviously the observers.

It might not be appropriate to action now but if the Gaspy-Infinitum-Muse hellcircle continues the best option might just to lynch a lurker as a circuit breaker if town agrees we need a change in direction.

Here is zetsubou’s response:

Zetsubou-san posted:

sure, why not

##vote monathin

To recap: ZS has presented no legitimate cases against sal or monathin, two players that he has been on board with lynching for the entire game.

ZS is at the top of my scum list.

##vote Zetsubou-san

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So yeah, I still think RF is a good vote and is Anidav in this game? Is Asiina? what's the actual player spread looking like.

It is not difficult to figure out which players are in the game, and your ignorance of this is not a valid reason to be suspicious of anidav.

RF's case is essentially that NGO was noncommittal about being annoyed with his jokephase SPACKIT gimmick.

When pressed on it he avoids the question and acts confused about questioning it.

I'm sure there's something to be said about the D2 mess with SOAG, but I just don't see RF's play as town in this game.

I agree that RF did not elaborate on his suspicion of NGO, which continued into d2.

What is there to be said about the d2 mess with SOAG? Maybe it was just that, a mess, and there’s nothing more to be said about it. What do you actually think?

Also Asiina, Monathin have nothing for this game if they are players.

I think it's strange Anidav called me out when there were much better choices for this.
What does this even mean? Also, I’m pretty sure I was the first person to call you out as potential scum. Do you find that strange?

----

Not an omgus on b-minus, but his play is also pretty bereft of any actual content. The vote on SOAG day 2 comes across as a joke vote and the switch to stone cold is a dig on his post history, but again... other players make better candidates (or rather did)
The content comes today, now that we actually have things to discuss.
The SOAG d2 vote was a joke vote. That should be obvious.
What do you mean by “dig on his post history”?
Which players make better candidates?

Then his trying to figure out why scum would pick Stone Cold just seems entirely artificial.
Please explain how trying to understand why a confirmed town player was killed is artificial. You’re welcome to disagree with my interpretation of the nk, but calling it artificial without a legitimate opinion to support it accomplishes nothing.

Scumspicion from Content to Lack of It:

RF > Asiina/Monathin > b-minus

Doubling back to talk about SOAG, their play seems genuine, and the frustration from "bad votes'" seems genuine. I don't get a scum read. I think scum tried to set him up.

The following people voted for soag on d2:
- Bminus (later switched to sc64)
- Inf “tldr vote Soag anyway because my track record recently has been pretty goddamn amazing, and his response to my question wasn't from a town mindset”
- YPM
- NGO
- Sal “Since it doesn't look like NGO will get enough votes I'm switching to ##vote venom soag”
- RF “I'll flip to Soag if I have to but I'd rather people just do what I say.”
- Zetsubou-san “I SHALL CARRY YOUR HOPE FOR A TOWN VICTORY WITH ME! ##vote venom soag”

So you think that scum tried to set SOAG up, yet most of the people who not only voted for him but pushed hard to lynch him aren't even on your scumdar. Sure, I was the first person to vote soag, and you find me suspicious, so it’s up to you to determine whether or not that was a joke vote (it was). RF was on the fence about SOAG, but eventually voted. Monathin and asiina, the other players on your scum list, refrained from voting SOAG. So I’m failing to see how the SOAG wagon was set up by scum, at least according to your scum list. Please explain.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Oh look, the game has started. ##vote Birdstrike
early d1 "joke" vote of confirmed scum by his own scumbro, or completely random "joke" vote by a town player? you be the judge

Can't tell if Birdstrike is a mafia god or scum appearing as such, :rubchin:

we now know it was the latter

just a few things to consider.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

ooof. I feel like you missed points on somethings that I did address, because you went segment by segment, but I'll clarify it in a bit.
I will say...
As far as you being the first to call me as scum, I'm fine with that doesn't strike me. It's just that you called out stone cold on their posts when you voted, and also even made a point that you didn't have much more to go on than a hunch for myself and stone cold.

Huh? If you are fine with that, then why did you include me in your scum list?

You’re right, I didn’t have much to go on when I first posted that I was suspicious of you and sc64. But something about your posts pinged me late d2, and now I really believe you are scum. I was wrong about stone cold.

Why do you think the scum killed stone cold last night? None of his posts implied that he had a power role, and nobody (except me) was suspicious of him, so it seems strange that he was the preferred nk target.

The birdstrike stuff was legitimate suspicion on my part hence me not moving the vote. It started out as a joke, but I thought he was best d1 candidate.

I don’t buy this. How was it legitimate suspicion when you presented no case? It really just feels like a typical d1 scumbro bus with no case to support it.

Actually, I went back and looked the posts that preceded your birdstrike vote and saw this:

Birdstrike posted:

I will never actually play mafia. The spiky grass knows what it is but the question is why the star shoes aren't there to protect tiny feet? ##vote AA

Birdstrike voted for you at the VERY beginning of the day. If you had said that your vote was in response to birdstrike’s vote, I might have believed it. But I have a hard time believing that your birdstrike vote was initially a joke vote that later turned into a vote based off legitimate suspicion.

It's not always true, but maf dads are usually maf scums in my experience. That heavy handed "this is how a game of mafs is played" has always been a scumtell for me.
I don’t know what this means, tbh

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

I think the interactions between AA and RF are far more interesting than the Soag hellfire thunderdome.

I might give Zetsubou-san a pass for now because I believe they haven't played Mafia in awhile? Correct?

I'll try to post during breaks and vote if I'm around.

It's d3, nobody should get a pass.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anidav posted:

I dunno I've seen people take a break from Mafia then come back then are meh a few games until finally hitting enjoyment.

will you at least take a look at the case I made against them?

It's still early, but at this point I'm going to vote for Anomalous Amalgam or Zetsubou-san.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
so was that a modkill or what

Anidav posted:

Well if he's not posting we can obviously wait for a mod kill?

I'll vote Zetsubou-san if it's required though but I'm not leaning heavily on it. I would rather get AA on the stand, actually.

I agree. I think they're both scum, but I feel like there's a stronger case against AA. I would prefer to vote AA over ZS actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Zetsubou-san posted:

nice effortpost on me there, did scumdoc knit it for you for christmas?

##vote anidav

HAha

• Locked thread