Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Gross aussies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I’ll be whatever a waterpani is

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
No give me two roles

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Is this some post modern poo poo I don’t understand anything

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote sal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Friends, I’m riding high from the defeat of the pedophile, which puts me above your petty day 1 squabbles, for I am enlightened

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Birdstrike posted:

it's possible I might not be around for deadline so

I don't want to vote Inf today, his posting is consistent with idiot town Inf more than scum inf

I thought NGO's vote on RF was opportunistic so I'm happy keeping it there

would also vote YPM because I hate d1 no-dunks

Hmmm yes my one thing celebrating the loss of a pedophile means that I am anti lynch, very astute

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait I thought the deadline was in a day. Stupid Aussie time.

I read Inf’s vote on bird as stupid and hamfisted, which is how any jokephase ends. Same with bird “case” on me

Venom’s handwringing over RF on the other hand is dumb yet votable.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Joke phase or trying to hard??? Getting a lot of clumsy scum reads here.

Venom Soag posted:

Oh dear. Was that meant to be a ploy? “Draw out scum by being annoying”?

If so that “gotcha” is more suss.

Look at these posts. Look at this scum trying to get someone else to pick up his case to escape heat. Look at this weak shade. Look at this scum.

##vote venom

Would also vote someone else that I forgot the name of and NGO as a “sigh, ok I’ll do it fine”

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hmmm I thought I read something that ruffled my feathers but the closest I found was AA, who always reads like he’s close to being on the verge of a breakdown (written as intended)

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

this one is a scumbvote

Mona is new and flails, I thought that too until I read that name

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I'll vote anyone to avoid a nolynch idc

Talk about venom tia

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

Setup for what?

Venom is what we call a bad man guy

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It’s such a weird and bad case. Inf didn’t just fight with bird, he actively wanted him dead. Is there anything that you can point to specifically that makes it Inf bussing Bird instead of, you know, just casing him? Like why do you believe it’s a bus?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Occam’s razor, maybe closer to a PGO.

Also the “back on NGO” with no case feels lazy.

Answer my question. What specifically makes you think that Inf bussed Bird?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The case on Sal is bad but it actually makes me feel ok about NGO

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Occam’s razor, maybe closer to a PGO.

Also the “back on NGO” with no case feels lazy.

Maybe this is confirmation bias but I really don’t like this post. The first sentence reads like scum who knows the action of Bird and is saying something to seemingly contribute. The second sentence is pure hypocrisy since he had just accused Inf of bussing with no backup case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

That case is even worse than my case on sal which is admittedly bad

Based on sal’s posting yesterday I believe he’s scum. Case forthcoming

Nah you're scum.

Not only is this wrong, I think you know this is wrong, and you're lying. A D1 no-lynch is better for scum than it is for town.

Your posts in general are different and seem less genuine than the last few games.

## vote SalTheBard

Do me a favor and explain the apparent discrepancy of confidence between these two bottom posts.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

Actually, friend, I think NGO is town, as his bad case on Sal reads as NGO thinking the case on Sal was gangbusters and then going back and realizing it wasn’t

I assure you this makes sense in my head

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait how did my post get screwed up

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
God drat phone posting

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello yes for the third time, Something Awful forum user Venom Soag, would you answer my question of what specific facts led you to believe Inf bussed Bird?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##venom soag

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
##vote venom soag

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nah I asked you a question three times and you didn’t answer. You put down a case that you aren’t willing to explain, and it looks like that’s because you are scum that put down a manufactured case.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

I didn’t answer because I already explained the case and you asking me to find the examples when day one was literally a handful of pages shows just how ridiculously lazy you’re being. You’re looking for reasons to disbelieve me, so who gives a heck.

I wasn’t asking because I was too lazy. I was asking to see if you actually believed what you wrote. I think if I’m anything as a player, it’s not lazy.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

AA and sc64 are scum.

##vote sc64

Do you think soag is town or just not scum?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Pro line of questioning there and deffo not wasting anyone’s time.

Well, you refuse to engage me in good faith, and yeah, it is a worthy line of questioning. And you could be doing something else instead of making ad hominem attacks.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

It reads like his early stuff in DBZ mafia. I see what you see, and if I didn’t know his play better, I’d be with you.

I would really encourage you to look over soag again. His day 1 stuff is just as bad, if not worse than SC64

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anidav posted:

Haha wow. I think lynching gaspy is a bad move.

I'm gonna need convincing on this one because I don't really see anything scummy, just an angry reptile reacting to being poked by posting "no u" over and over again.

What I'm saying is that Venom Soag is a hissing lizard who will eventually hunt scum. Some players are slow cookers and it would be of detrimental effect to lynch him early on due to hissing.

Let the lizard live. I think he is town.

How in the world do you have a town read? I can understand just not buying the case, but reading him as town? He has tried scumhunting, it was him just randomly accusing Inf of bussing and refusing to defend it.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
What case have you made? Your super secret Inf bus case? Are you a jester? Am I having a stroke?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anidav posted:

Stop poking the lizard guys.

Hmm I’m going to have to decline your suggestion to stop playing mafia (cue Soag coming in quoting this post talking about how he’s the only one playing mafia). Other than Soag somehow being a town read to you, do you have any reads? Perhaps a suggestion of who to lynch instead of trying to get a no lynch? Especially since we have 45 minutes left?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Did someone say turbo Soag

##vote Soag

Other people I don’t like in order: Anidav, B

Hey B why are you so different than DBZ?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

b-minus1 posted:

i get better as the game progresses.

but seriously, i have yet to see any legitimate cases on a few players. and yes im aware i haven't provided much of my own content and i've spent of the game questioning others.

i've played a few games with sal and he seems as sincere as he has in every game (afaik he was town in all previous games).
and i've liked how venom soag has handled the pressure.
on the fence about ngo, the d1 push for a lynch was fairly scummy

that's all ive got for now

First of all, how did Soag in anyway manage the pressure well? He just insulted us and called it bad without any backup.

Second, in DBZ mafia, you didn’t actually have a case against me but you were incredibly tenacious and pretty drat accurate. Here, you are making lame, very cautious lurker cases. I don’t put much stock in meta arguments, but it’s striking to me.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

I managed it because I wasn’t even slightly worried about being lynched, the insults were because your rationale was god awful.

Hmmm ok answer the question

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
It really shows how fearless you are when every time I ask a question or engage with you, you go back to lurking, waiting to take a cheap shot.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anidav posted:

I'm not scum. I inherited someone else's position which is Vanilla Town and boring but whatever I'm assuming there's some roles out there.

The way I see it
1. Gaspy is Vanilla Town and just as bored as I am
2. Gaspy might have a role and is pissed that he has to screech at people before using it
3 Gaspy is Scum and doesn't know how to play scum properly so is just a hissing lizard with no remorse and no regrets
4. Gaspy simply doesn't like being in the same game as Infinitum and is deflecting all interaction with you as pointless :shrug:

Ok but you categorically refused to vote him and called him town. Why do you think he’s town rather than just not buying the case against him?

Like he says how little he’s worried about getting lynched but hasn’t actually done anything since me and Inf started voting him. And Inf’s not the only one he’s hissing at. I’ve tried to engage him multiple times in good faith and he just runs and hides.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Venom Soag posted:

Good faith my arse.

Hmm yes I can see why he has a town read on you with extraordinary content such as this

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

So yeah, I still think RF is a good vote and is Anidav in this game? Is Asiina? what's the actual player spread looking like.

RF's case is essentially that NGO was noncommittal about being annoyed with his jokephase SPACKIT gimmick.

When pressed on it he avoids the question and acts confused about questioning it.

I'm sure there's something to be said about the D2 mess with SOAG, but I just don't see RF's play as town in this game.

Also Asiina, Monathin have nothing for this game if they are players. I think it's strange Anidav called me out when there were much better choices for this.

----

Not an omgus on b-minus, but his play is also pretty bereft of any actual content. The vote on SOAG day 2 comes across as a joke vote and the switch to stone cold is a dig on his post history, but again... other players make better candidates (or rather did)

Then his trying to figure out why scum would pick Stone Cold just seems entirely artificial.

Scumspicion from Content to Lack of It:

RF > Asiina/Monathin > b-minus

----

Doubling back to talk about SOAG, their play seems genuine, and the frustration from "bad votes'" seems genuine. I don't get a scum read. I think scum tried to set him up.

Hello how did scum “set Soag up”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
For the record, B’s recent posts make me feel better about him

• Locked thread