Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI
I reckon Sea Dogs has a place here as an example of a piece of total jank.

The game is an open world seafaring adventure, wherein you captain a ship in the 17th century age of sail. You start out with a sloop (something like HMS Sophie from the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian if you've ever read those, they made a film called Master and Commander, Far Side of the World about them.)

You can sail, fight and trade, all the while upgrading your ship and crew. You can side with the English, French or Spanish, or be a pirate.

The game features an on-shore segment, but the whole presentation and controls are weird and janky.

The game spawned some sequels, one of which was last-minute re-branded with the Pirates of the Caribbean name. They're actually really fun; the modding scene added loads of content including a range of new ships and missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI

Glare Seethe posted:

I don't know if this was intended on your part or just a coincidence but I checked to see if it's on Steam and apparently it's literally being added today. Unlocks in four hours. No price yet though.

Nah, I had no idea! What a funny coincidence...

This is the mod pack that I used back in the day - http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/daveys-locker-hoseheads-seadogs-addon-complete.11491/

That forum post is from back in 2008 so the download links may no longer work. I think the sequels had similar mod packs as well which from memory added loads of different player models, ships and missions.

• Locked thread