Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I think the Elder Scrolls V Skyrim definitely qualifies. Can feel really repetitive at times and combat is pretty bad but it's full of hilarious bugs and its really fun to climb vertical cliffs by clipping your horse into them. It's a shame the default skill trees are so boring but this is improvable with mods. The main quest is lame and it has the problem of combat becoming trivial way before you finish the game and combat being most of the game but despite its many problem I've sunk a shameful amount of time into it.

e: a nd who could forget classic videogame meme "and then I took an arrow to the knee"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Elfface posted:

At the risk of turning this into a Dragon's Dogma thread, one of my favourite janky bits about it is that it's a pretty effective strategy for a pyromancer to set themselves on fire, and then start climbing on a monster.

Your character's height and weight determine your speed, carry weight, dodge roll distance, armour encumbrance etc.

As well as climbing all over large monsters you can pick up smaller ones, or human enemies, so throwing tough opponents off cliffs is a legit strategy.

A 'forger' NPC can copy items for you. This is partly so 100%-completionists can give away quest items a dn still have them, but there are also consequences for copying certain items.

these are all just intentionally added cool features idgi

• Locked thread