Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Consider me interested as well. I'll go for chief medical officer if everyone else would prefer the other career tracks.

Tonally, I think we should look at TNG. As for our ship, give us a tried and true ship. (please god don't stick us onto a Miranda, those things are deathtraps.)

As an aside, I had one of my friends create a character for an online game, and I had him roll his two career events randomly. He rolled two 1s on 2d20. I told him to reroll one of them, "Sky [his character] didn't survive having two Starfleet vessels blowing up around her. Nobody's that unlucky."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

The Bible posted:

Old and busted; Voyager :catdrugs:

I think the Intrepid class is Starfleet's newest hotness in 2371.

Me, I would prefer a Sovereign or an Odyssey, but the Sovereign is still three years away, and the Odyssey is a bit over 30 years away. (Plus there's no official stats for them yet.)

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

The Bible posted:

I know, I was answering the questions given.

Old and busted ship. Voyager tone campaign.

Well, that's what I get for not reading!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
All right. Character is created; no picture at the moment because I used Star Trek Online to generate one and that doesn't exactly handle "humanoid faces" or "recolor the Deep Space Nine uniform when applied to your character so it doesn't have the same colors as the Odyssey uniform" very well... but I digress.

quote:

Name: Kollen Paron
Species: Trill
Environment: Species Homeworld (Trill)
Assignment: Medical Officer, USS [fill in later]
Traits: Trill, Prosthetic Arm
Upbringing: Science/Technology (accepted)
Career Events: Negotiate a Treaty, Serious Injury

Control 11 Daring 8 Fitness 9 Insight 10 Presence 8 Reason 10

Command 2 Conn 1 Engineering 1 Medicine 5 Science 4 Security 3

Values
It Is Possible to Do Everything Perfectly And Still Lose
You're Not Dying On Me
Our First Duty Is to the Truth
There's Always Time For Tea

Talents
Former Initiate (May reroll Control/Reason dice pool when spending Determination to buy +1d20)
Collaboration [Medicine] (May spend Momentum to grant ally Kollen's Medicine score/focuses when they make a Medicine roll)
Field Medicine (Cancel Difficulty increase for making Medicine rolls without proper equipment)
Quick Study (Cancel Difficulty increase for rolls involving unfamiliar medical techniques/treating unfamiliar species)

Focuses
Genetics
Surgery
Xenobiology
Emergency Medicine
Creative Writing
Federation Politics

Stress 12

Damage Bonus: +3dC

Equipment
Uniforms (Mid 2370s, Science Division, Lt. Cmdr.)
Combadge
Tricorder (Medical)
Type I Phaser (2dC , one-handed, Charge, Hidden 1)

Daughter of a doctor and an engineer, Kollen spent her formative years on Trill, usually curled up in a corner with a stack of PADDs at her side. She always wanted to be like her mother, a prominent doctor with the Trill Symbiosis Commission, and so every minute of spare time was devoted to learning about Trill physiology. When Kollen was deemed unsuitable for Joining in 2356, she was disappointed, but took it in stride; even without the knowledge of several lifetimes, she still had the intelligence and drive to get into Starfleet Academy.

During her time at Starfleet Academy and Starfleet Medical, Kollen proved to be a fast learner in the fields of medicine and science. The young doctor was part of a Federation delegation negotiating the truce that would end the Federation-Cardassian Wars in 2367, picking up some pointers on Federation politics. During these negotiations, her ship was fired on by a Galor-class battleship, her captain hoping to prolong the War. Several members of the Lovell's crew, including Kollen, were injured; Kollen herself lost her arm. While in recovery, she took up a new hobby- creative writing.

Now awaiting her next assignment, Kollen hopes to continue helping her fellow Starfleet officers and crew remain in good health, no matter where in the galaxy they are.

Snorb fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 25, 2017

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Drone posted:

Looks good! Snorb, you mentioned you'd done some STA before.. have you already run through any of the Living Campaign stuff?

No Living Campaign stuff, but the group I play with did go through the sample adventure in the corebook.

• Locked thread