Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mix it with Sprite and a twist of lemon

Ala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYacKvXAz40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
henny white is better

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Romes128 posted:

henny white is better

My coworker says she always picks up a bottle when she goes on a cruise. Can't find it anywhere else around here

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

goons are degenerate alcoholics i swear. me? i drink shiraz

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Looking to get some sherry, anyone got any good sherry recs?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Style or specific brands both good. I'm looking for osmething to sip on its own.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
Doesn't the Henny bottle say it's a cognac

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

MC Hawking posted:

Get Martell single distillery 3 star VS instead. It's actually decent for the money, unlike Henny.

Seconding this. It's pretty good.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Kitsunegari posted:

Doesn't the Henny bottle say it's a cognac

I think? I don't know my different types of liquors. I like craft beer mostly.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Blue Train posted:

I like to get wrecked on ouzo

This guy knows what's up.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Most liquors and cognacs have to be consumed at room temperature to bring out the subtle flavours. Don't drink it in shots, get a proper vessel and sip it slowly.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

Over There posted:

I think? I don't know my different types of liquors. I like craft beer mostly.

Cognac is a type of brandy. Named after the region of France. Just like Champagne and sparkling wine, or whiskey and scotch/bourbon

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
with that stuff you're just paying for the name. there's better cognac/brandy for cheaper.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

For some reason it’s what all the thugged out dudes in my Puerto Rican family drink

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
For just a few months after I left the Hotel I worked in a lovely little bar in a La Quinta (A previous Food and Beverage Director ran it and offered me the job, ok, I'll try it.)
The other main bartender was a previously gorgeous banquet bartender from the Hotel, I was still pretty ignorant about meth, but learned right away that's what had taken all of her top teeth but the 4 right in front. I knew she was on the way out and the bar would be mine; I would go in to open and she'd be at the bar, still playing the video Trivia game since she closed up the night before, so high she couldn't speak.

Anyhoo, just a month later or so I'm running it, it's late on like a Sunday and these two young guys come in, order 2 double Hennesseys in snifters and start playing a game of pool on our one table.There's a couple businessmen in a corner, them and me.

I notice two things right away. They are not speaking with each other and they both are dressed like thugs and UNBELIEVABLY both are wearing necklaces that have images of Pacino's Scarface face done in like a 3D lazer/changes with the light to a pile of coke or the word cocaine giant pendants. I could not believe how stupid it was.

As time went on, (they kept alternating who bought the rounds) I became more and more convinced I was serving 2 rival thug punk coke dealers. They never spoke but to me and real softly. I knew 1) I was going to get a poo poo tip despite the giant tabs
2) I wanted them the gently caress out.

I killed them with cold professionalism, but yup, like $10 bucks total after they drank the bottle+. They didnt come back again, but I only worked there for 2 months. The pendants were the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen anyone wear, ever.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The pendants own sorry

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

its a waste of money

yeah, this

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

The pendants own sorry

You must be joking. They were razor blade shaped, almost as big as a playing card, thin, and like rainbow laser imaged like a fishing lure. Retarded.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spinster posted:

They were razor blade shaped

Hahaha def owns

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
I have a friend that only buys Hennessy XO. Dont know were he gets the money, but it is drat smooth. Mixing it or having a chaser is an insult.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

E&J is good, especially in hot chocolate.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
I like Jameson.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Spinster posted:

Are you black and 46? Then drink it in a snifter.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I prefer courvoisier cause when youre drinking it you get to say "n" word pass the courvoisier and its okay cause its the song so it doesnt count

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

just drink wild turkey or old grandad like a normal drunk imo

I love Wild Turkey 101, but it is pricey. Then I found Mellow Gold. Same ABV at half the price...or so they say. I have found that I go through bottles of Mellow Gold (again, at half the price) about 50% quicker than I do those of Wild Turkey 101.

Point being, no one cares what you drink, ya freakin lush.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Spinster posted:

Anything is better than Scotch though

:stare:

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
I like vodka sodas because I am bitchmade.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
well first you gotta limp to the side like your leg is broken

shakin and twitchin kinda like you was smokin

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Scotch is for basic mfs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

People who doing poo poo because they think that's what they supposed to do because they don't have a loving personality of their own

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You should get 2 bottles because you’re probs gonna be too hosed up to mess with getting a second one. :2bong:

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
9 times out of 10 "enjoying scotch" is just LARPing masculinity.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

veiled boner fuel posted:

Rums been my alcohol of choice most of my life and a few weeks ago I saw some fancy $110 750 ml bottle of rum on the shelf so I bought it and drank some of it straight and it was delicious. And then I mixed some with Diet Pepsi just to be an rear end in a top hat.

Imagine that ad with the crying Native American but its instead a pirate or something.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Im not pretending that Scotch tastes good. It just tastes good

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Scotch is delicious. Especially the peaty ones. They taste like a campfire, and who doesn't want to stick their faces in a whole bunch of campfire.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
courvoisier is better

i was taught how to drink cognac by an old man who'd spent decades drinking the stuff

tips:

- when you pour it into a snifter, don't pour too much. you should be able to set the glass on its side and not have any spill out

- after you pour it into the snifter, swirl it a bit, let it air a bit. hold it in your hand and let it warm up a little

- DON'T loving SHOOT IT

and the big one:

- when you sip it, hold it in your mouth for a few seconds. "chew" it a bit. make sure it warms up some more. it goes down so much smoother if you do this

there, now you too can drink cognac like an old man who witnessed both the fall of South Vietnam and the fall of Iran's Shah.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

just another posted:

I like vodka sodas because I am bitchmade.

I drink whiskey soda on tge weekend its important cause thats usually thw only water i consume

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

fishing with the fam posted:

Imagine that ad with the crying Native American but its instead a pirate or something.

Lmbo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Spinster posted:

Are you black and 46? Then drink it in a snifter.

Over There posted:

White and divide by half.

You're 92? :haw:

fishing with the fam posted:

Scotch is delicious. Especially the peaty ones. They taste like a campfire, and who doesn't want to stick their faces in a whole bunch of campfire.

:yeah:

• Locked thread