Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win?
Moore! *grope*
Jones! *shrugs, looks around* who?
View Results

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

no no no, that's dougie fresh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

another hot take for the pile:

I just took somebody's hot pocket after it got done cooking

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

I just took somebody's hot pocket after it got done cooking

MODS????!?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was really a crazy amount of write-ins

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cerebral Bore posted:

For real though, the actual hot take here is the implication that it isn't the bad dems who are constantly demanding ideological purity.

fair point. let me quantify. absolutely push for better candidates and the DNC loving sucks at messaging but still show up on Election Day and vote because an empty suit is better than literally any Republican

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

fair point. let me quantify. absolutely push for better candidates and the DNC loving sucks at messaging but still show up on Election Day and vote because an empty suit is better than literally any Republican

Thing is, if bad dems get to run things as they like people don't do that no matter how much you'd like them to, unless the GOP at the moment is especially horrible, or loving up hard or, as is right now, both.

So you better get your rear end out there and primary away the bad dems, because that's a precondition for not getting a buncha crazy-rear end ghouls running the country every eight years or so.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Show me this mythical creature.

According to the c-spam consensus at this point:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Siri, show me a picture of Doug Jones

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Siri, show me a picture of Doug Jones

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the DNC didn't really help out jones that much, right? i'm not sure whether that's because Jones is a good candidate or whether the DNC figured it's not worth fighting a battle they thought they'd lose

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I thought it came out the DNC sent money but kept its name out of it.

Not sure why the DNC would have been involved over the DSCC though.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

get that OUT of my face posted:

the DNC didn't really help out jones that much, right? i'm not sure whether that's because Jones is a good candidate or whether the DNC figured it's not worth fighting a battle they thought they'd lose

Jones wanted to keep the DNC really low-profile in Alabama. They mostly helped with money and some GOTV organizers.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Grouchio posted:

Okay but why though? Growing up during the fall of the cold war and the prevailance of free markets?

The only role model Gen X had was Darth Vader.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I believe the DNC kicked in a couple/few million and it was focused on ground-level infrastructure, GOTV and canvassing and stuff that didn't involve mailers or airtime, so the GOP's attempts to turn the election from a referendum on pedophilia to a fight against the Schumer/(((agenda))) strawman weren't strong enough to overcome the fact that they sent a blood-chugging child predator to the general.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Show me this mythical creature.

Bill Clinton back in the day is a good example. Turns out charisma and talent matter bigly.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

It's my understanding that the Jones campaign specifically did not want to elevate the campaign to a national level for fear that it might hurt more than help.

(which is also why I'm a little irritated at all the hot takes about Bernie not going down there to campaign for Jones, and then accusing him of credit-grabbing for congratulating Jones afterwards)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

nice

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I thought it came out the DNC sent money but kept its name out of it.

Not sure why the DNC would have been involved over the DSCC though.

the dnc put money in through the state party. the dscc handled tv and spent a ton money through highway 31. normally the dnc wouldn't go in at all on these, but i guess they decided now was the time

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Oty5qVeOc

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

he legit killed it in his media appearances the other night

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

Bill Clinton back in the day is a good example. Turns out charisma and talent matter bigly.

The claim was "a bad Dem who can win" not one that won in the past.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

god bless charles barkley

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chuck rules but it's tough to beat "yeah Moore is my pal, we went to child sex dungeons in Vietnam together" for best character witness of the evening

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

if roy moore dont concede then this thread will never close n ill never achieve my lifelong dream of closing every thread on sa

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Epic High Five posted:

Chuck rules but it's tough to beat "yeah Moore is my pal, we went to child sex dungeons in Vietnam together" for best character witness of the evening

Imagine trying to convince people that your friend isn’t a pedophile by telling them about that time you were in a brothel full of children.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Pretty sure Moore's gonna spend the next three years acting like he's senator.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Lycus posted:

Pretty sure Moore's gonna spend the next three years acting like he's senator.

he's gonna play shadow senator on a senatorial-looking set somewhere and stream it and adk ppl to donate to his patreon

augias
Apr 7, 2009

alnilam posted:

he's gonna play shadow senator on a senatorial-looking set somewhere and stream it and adk ppl to donate to his patreon

Thats what this thread is for now

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

Imagine trying to convince people that your friend isn’t a pedophile by telling them about that time you were in a brothel full of children.

No, see but they left instead of loving the kids. There's no way that Moore could ever have snuck back there on his own later on.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

alnilam posted:

Every day he'll enter the set on Sassy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I really enjoy that he’s doing this whole extended not conceding thing and there’s just no one there to back him up because his party is so glad to wipe their hands clean of him

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Please dont vote for dems that gently caress kids.

Even if you think they are better than the Republican dont fuckin do it.

Tia

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

GlyphGryph posted:

Tia

Like Joe Biden?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Like seriously there are situations where it is in fact better to leave that bubble blank and take the "loss" for the good of the future of the party and the things for which it stands and I hopw you can recognize that is true even in situations like we are in now that are super high stakes

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

why did this thread become succ zone 2 shouldn't we be making fun of moore and stuff

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

Tia

Does the US forbid people with certain legal backgrounds (e.g. convicted felons) from running for elected positions? Or could, say, Subway Jared theoretically be elected president when he's out?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

alnilam posted:

why did this thread become succ zone 2 shouldn't we be making fun of moore and stuff

my bad. let’s talk about how Moore is absolutely going to steal this senate seat and 🐢 will let him.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is there a reason Moore has to concede? Jones won, and by enough of a margin that a recount isn't needed, I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

univbee posted:

Is there a reason Moore has to concede? Jones won, and by enough of a margin that a recount isn't needed, I thought.

by not conceding it's implicit that he's going to keep :airquote:fighting for the seat that he was cheated out of:airquote:. right wing internet is already talking about voter fraud conspiracies and stuff. cause as we all know from alabama ag comish dale peterson, aalabama is just flooded with illegal immigrants

luckily,

theflyingexecutive posted:

there’s just no one there to back him up because his party is so glad to wipe their hands clean of him

• Locked thread