Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Too bad all my funds are locked up in the AL markets that won't resolve any time soon because Roy Moore is a petulant baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
people are offloading heavy. I don't know if there has been some announcement beyond Toomey saying he's confident they've got the votes for next week but looks like a lot of people are cutting bait.

edit: aaaaaaaaaand corker is on board. this is gonna happen but I'd rather risk the couple bucks I'd get offloading on the chance that some 2020 hopeful takes the centrist approach out of nowhere

IM DAY DAY IRL has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Dec 15, 2017

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah, single digits means lotto ticket territory, worth throwing a few bucks at considering all the ways it could still fail in the next two weeks.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

this CORP.TAXCUT train is a wild ride. that being said if you're still feeling good about them not being able to pass it through (even with Rubio back on board) NO shares are selling for 17c right now.

edit: make that 13c

Make that 8c. You might try this as a flip play - buy at 8, sell at 10, etc. But it's passing next week so.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Hufflepuff or bust! posted:

But it's passing next week so.

Seems like today's the day. Just threw $3 more on the pyre because it's still 2017 and perhaps a couple Rs will drop dead before the final vote is tallied

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Too bad all my funds are locked up in the AL markets that won't resolve any time soon because Roy Moore is a petulant baby.

The mandate repeal and tax cut both took a huge swing now that there's indications it might not be signed by the end of the year. I'm furious that my money is still tied up in the Alabama race.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nevvy Z posted:

The mandate repeal and tax cut both took a huge swing now that there's indications it might not be signed by the end of the year. I'm furious that my money is still tied up in the Alabama race.

lmao y’all are really tempting me to jump back into this bastard site. I was *this* close to throwing ten bucks on a lottery ticket with this.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

lmao y’all are really tempting me to jump back into this bastard site. I was *this* close to throwing ten bucks on a lottery ticket with this.

The swing from yesterday is CRAZY.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
roy moore concede binch

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Oh poo poo I have 400 B1 No shares I picked up cheap a while back and had written off. Not sure how many to sell now. What's the news? I'm at work and don't really have time to dive in/play the swings today.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Oh poo poo I have 400 B1 No shares I picked up cheap a while back and had written off. Not sure how many to sell now. What's the news? I'm at work and don't really have time to dive in/play the swings today.

Trump is making noises about not signing the bill before the years out. I might cash out now because it looks like if he doesn't sign the bill he'll accidentally
pocket veto it and it looks like the Rs are bound and determined to do this poo poo come hell or highwater.

Everything is swinging back to it being done by the year end.

Guys, what if Trump is on predictit?

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 16:52 on Dec 20, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Nevvy Z posted:

Guys, what if Trump is on predictit?

Trump deliberately loving his own party's legislation just to collect pennies on PredictIt would probably be the least surprising news ever

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Nevvy Z posted:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

I got a few shares at 4c the other day with the last scraps of my available balance but yeah it's obnoxious I couldn't throw a bit more at it then.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Didn't y'all learn your lesson last year? I got out the minute AL was called for Jones at .99

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I always maintain 99c sell orders on all my positions in order to be first in line to GTFO.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Aliquid posted:

Didn't y'all learn your lesson last year? I got out the minute AL was called for Jones at .99

I already offloaded enough at 55c to cover the initial investment plus the money I lost on Saban :shobon:

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Aliquid posted:

I literally joined predictit to bet against the ped.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

My Predictit bankroll is extremely meager after last November so I'm the doofus wanting to hang in till markets resolve to squeeze every last drop out.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Hope none of y'all were holding "yes" shares in any 2017 tax markets.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
If they have to rename the bill what happens with this "Will the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act be enacted on July 1, 2018 or later, or never?"'

Because you can buy in at $0.02 right now.

Edit- I found the rules. It has to include that phrase or be HR1. Booo

Harold Fjord has issued a correction as of 22:29 on Dec 20, 2017

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

If they have to rename the bill what happens with this "Will the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act be enacted on July 1, 2018 or later, or never?"'

Because you can buy in at $0.02 right now.

Edit- I found the rules. It has to include that phrase or be HR1. Booo

Rule #1 of PredictIt: read the rules

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah there are a whole lot of markets where betting the No on one side is better than the Yes you want because of all the ways it might resolve No based on weird rules issues.

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Yup. Or sometimes, rarely, markets that resolve yes unexpectedly because of the rules (see: Jerusalem).

In any case, never bet a dime on anything until you understand the rules.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

Make sure to use the freemoney25 or whatever code if you do. It was posted in the old thread.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

Seems like today's the day. Just threw $3 more on the pyre because it's still 2017 and perhaps a couple Rs will drop dead before the final vote is tallied

Glad you ignored me, it seems. I went short on it too! Thanks for the thousand dollars, folks.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Hufflepuff or bust! posted:

Glad you ignored me, it seems. I went short on it too! Thanks for the thousand dollars, folks.

Just got out- turning $25 into $200 (even after some minor losses in other markets) is where I call it good. Wishing the best for those of you riding it out until the 31st- I'll be looking to do some wave-riding in the meantime.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you guys realize you could’ve sold out of alabama at like .97 eight days ago and used that cash to play and make money in other active, swinging, lucrative markets, right?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Abel Wingnut posted:

you guys realize you could’ve sold out of alabama at like .97 eight days ago and used that cash to play and make money in other active, swinging, lucrative markets, right?

this thread isn’t that old yet let’s not get into intermediate strats just yet

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Abel Wingnut posted:

Well yeah but I didn't expect that they would be such buttheads about it. The SoS is being a dickhead on McConnells behalf stalling the certification but they aren't loving around about the fact that Jones won, Moore lost.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aliquid posted:

i literally got back on predictit because i ignore lessons

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
any idea why this market spiked so hard? Is 30c NOs a good buy again?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I am very confused about that market and have resigned myself to just sitting on the small handful of 4c NO shares I have at this point.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I can't find any actual reason why it's more likely to get passed today than it was yesterday other than 'no news is good news' I guess? Sounds like they're going to prevent a gov't shutdown but that doesn't address any of the current issues with the bill :confused:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

As far as I can tell it has something to do with the continuing resolution but I am not sure why. Just yesterday there were reports that Trump planned to sign it on Jan 1st so I don't know what's changed.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The Clinton "federal charges in 2017" market spiked to 14c within the past week. It was probably just someone dumping their shares, but man those markets have been a money tree for going on two years now :allears:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I got back in on the NOs for tax bill passing before 2018. Went about five minutes too early, prices have dropped again now that the votes have been cast to prevent gov't shutdown. let's see if lightning strikes twice

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The tax bill has already passed both the Senate and the House, after going through conference AND the House re-voting after fixing the minor issues the parliamentarian had, right? So I don't get what a potential shut down has to do with the tax bill market. Either Trump signs it before the 31st or he doesn't.

I guess it's this:

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/943885932683513856

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
tax bill approval is approaching lotto ticket prices again. let this be a lesson to those of you who didn't cash out- if you're getting in at sub-20c prices selling at or above 80c is still a huge win.

edit: welp, cross your fingers, boys. I'm sitting at just over 500 shares, may the holidays be plentiful and joyous

IM DAY DAY IRL has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Lol market flipped again.

• Locked thread