Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

RALLLLLLLLPH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
How about that wardrobe malfunction?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Gullous posted:

How about that wardrobe malfunction?

Welp, two of my picks got absolutely destroyed last night.

I thought WIlson broke his collarbone by the look, but I guess he's OK. Also, Nicolletti got his head run over, which I can't find in the stream right now to GIf.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

His loving pants fell down :wtc:

Am I right in thinking he's somewhat like a green lorenzo?

Kenny's visorless chromedome looked rad.

Lots of jittery moments all-around, seely's was a clunker.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Scores are out. Not sure if I can see my team breakdown somehow. The site is having some teething issues for sure.

Exciting first round of racing! Despite winning I think Musquin looks less impressive than the hype train would lead me to believe. Kenny looked pretty good, and Tomac just doing Tomac things.

This might be a legitimately exciting season of racing!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Slavvy posted:

His loving pants fell down :wtc:

I've never seen anything like this, and I love it.

I wonder how much of Tomac pulling off was his shoulder vs massive pants-based frustration.

Tonight I'm going to have to look at the details of how things are scored, because I'm still p confused.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That looked 100% like a pants frustration DNF.

Guess I'd better start watching 250s so I don't tank so hard next time.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

Tonight I'm going to have to look at the details of how things are scored, because I'm still p confused.

Yea, it's hard to know how you've done without manually looking poo poo up yourself. Kind of annoying :( Here's hoping they'll add functionality quickly.

Slavvy posted:

Pulpmx does a weekly fantasy podcast that does a pretty good job. I didn't really follow it since I'm not really sure about this handicap thing yet, but it's a good place to start I think.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Scores are out. Not sure if I can see my team breakdown somehow. The site is having some teething issues for sure.

Exciting first round of racing! Despite winning I think Musquin looks less impressive than the hype train would lead me to believe. Kenny looked pretty good, and Tomac just doing Tomac things.

This might be a legitimately exciting season of racing!

I wanted to make fun of you for sour grapes about Musquin, but then...
1 dreesemonkey
265 265

2 buildscharacter
224 224

Pants fall down Tomac is amazing. I still hope he wins. Roczen looked pretty good in his return. Obviously not back at where he was, but with potential to get there.

Slavvy posted:

That looked 100% like a pants frustration DNF.

Same guys are usually up front and they're the guys that finished well this race.* Shane Mcelrath, Aaron Plessinger, Adam Cianciarulo, Joey Savatgy, Christian Craig.

*source: me, a person who chose Alex Martin, 21st place finisher, as their #1 rider.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

builds character posted:

Same guys are usually up front and they're the guys that finished well this race.* Shane Mcelrath, Aaron Plessinger, Adam Cianciarulo, Joey Savatgy, Christian Craig.

*source: me, a person who chose Alex Martin, 21st place finisher, as their #1 rider.
#1 rule of fantasy. Is it a supercross? Yes? Don't pick a Martin brother :smith:

Going to try and figure out my score manually:
Rider (Handicap/Allstar):
Roczen (1/*) - 21 (4th -> 3rd)
Barcia (6) - 52 (3rd -> 1st points doubled)
Friese (9) - 28 (13th -> 4th points doubled)
Tickle (7/*) - 23 (8th > 2nd points)
450 points: 124
AC (2/*) - 26 (3rd > 1st)
Melross (5) - 30 (13th > 8th doubled)
Chisholm (4) - 34 (10th > 6th doubled)
Sexton (4) - 38 (8th > 4th doubled)
250 points: 128
Total: 252
Actual: 265
AAAAAAAAND my points don't add up so clearly I don't know what's going on. This is how I thought it was supposed to be scored.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

AAAAAAAAND my points don't add up so clearly I don't know what's going on. This is how I thought it was supposed to be scored.

It's good to keep an aire of mystery

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I got it sorted out, I'm just an idiot and can't do math. I calculated Friese and Brayton wrong. Score was right. This is going to be hard not being able to pick guys two weeks in a row.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

I got it sorted out, I'm just an idiot and can't do math. I calculated Friese and Brayton wrong. Score was right. This is going to be hard not being able to pick guys two weeks in a row.

And thus tomac is doomed to dnf every odd numbered race.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Wilson down but not out
http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/07/dean-wilson-injury-update

Will probably miss Houston though.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Anyone want to comment on the longetivity of Barcia's success?

I got very lucky choosing him in Rd 1. I only did it because he had a nice handicap.

I'm not sure he's going to be a podium contender every week.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/10/malcolm-stewart-to-fill-in-at-autotraderyoshimura-suzuki

Malcolm is innn!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Isn't Barcia only supposed to be filling in until Milsaps is back? Even if he manages to make a few more podiums, I'm not expecting much once he's off the factory bike (although I want to see him do well).

And good to see Malcolm back. Has anyone heard anything out of his brother?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
The pulp people have released their podcast for Houston fantasy.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/pulpmx/RkNd

Tomac is not an allstar so he's eligible for double points this week! I don't know that he'll win, but if he finishes I imagine it will be top 9 (he's a -1 handicap). Other than that I think point totals will be way down across the board this week because you can't pick who you want anymore and some of the surprise guys would have had their handicap adjusted accordingly.

Here's my team for now:

Tyler bowers is not racing this weekend despite being in the list, just as an FYI.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

The pulp people have released their podcast for Houston fantasy.

http://feeds.feedburner.com/pulpmx/RkNd

Tomac is not an allstar so he's eligible for double points this week! I don't know that he'll win, but if he finishes I imagine it will be top 9 (he's a -1 handicap). Other than that I think point totals will be way down across the board this week because you can't pick who you want anymore and some of the surprise guys would have had their handicap adjusted accordingly.

Here's my team for now:

Tyler bowers is not racing this weekend despite being in the list, just as an FYI.

How can you not pick Tomac this week if he's eligible for double points? Dude's still the fastest guy, still a bit of a headcase, but that's exactly the same as he was last year when he won NINE RACES.

Deeters posted:

Isn't Barcia only supposed to be filling in until Milsaps is back? Even if he manages to make a few more podiums, I'm not expecting much once he's off the factory bike (although I want to see him do well).

And good to see Malcolm back. Has anyone heard anything out of his brother?

Ya, he used to be really good.

I (also) still don't believe in Barcia long term but maybe short term?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Here's my team for now:

I can't believe Phil isn't injured after getting smarshed in the first turn.

I used a bunch of wacko's in RD 1 to see how it'd work, so this time I get to use good people. I might wait to see the time sheets though.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I can't believe Phil isn't injured after getting smarshed in the first turn.

I used a bunch of wacko's in RD 1 to see how it'd work, so this time I get to use good people. I might wait to see the time sheets though.

He said that he already had rib issues from a crash in practice in the whoops, and he cracked one in the wreck in the main. Apparently he things he'll be ready to go.

Even if he was healthy it's still a gamble, but it's a pretty solid handicap so I'll give it a shot.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Week 2 pix:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Tomac pulled off in the first qualifying, I'm hoping he still races tonight.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Tomac pulled off in the first qualifying, I'm hoping he still races tonight.

Great catch. Put Ben Lemay in his place (lol)

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Just saw on twitter that the main source of me watching SX (the next day) is getting threats from feld. Justin Cooper also crashed in the whoops in the 2nd qualifying section and got carted off. Not sure if anyone had him.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Tried to put in picks starting at 2 and then every couple hours and neither my desktop nor my phone are working so...

Was aiming for
Tomac
Webb
Seely
Bisceglia

AC
Oldenburg
Maybe McElrath (probably mcelrath)
Christian Criag

E: yes. I know tomac’s out, but didn’t know when I was trying to pick so would have picked him.

builds character fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 14, 2018

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bet Tomac is really pissed right now with Marv going out. I thought it was an exciting race:

Anderson ripping
Barcia still good
Roczen looking good considering his injury
250s slugging it out

I want big whoops every week!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I want big whoops every week!

Do you dislike the french?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

This feels like a really injury heavy season already.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Slavvy posted:

This feels like a really injury heavy season already.

Eh, no one is super out, just lots of bruises.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Eh, no one is super out, just lots of bruises.

Dungey may have skewed the expectations too as he was almost never out.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tomac's season is hosed though right? Or is coming back from two dnf's no big deal?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Tomac's season is hosed though right? Or is coming back from two dnf's no big deal?

Conventionally, yeah it is, but in SX anything can happen.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

He won nine last year so he can come back. He’s just an inconsistent head case.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I don't think he can come back and win the championship. At this point he's like 45 points back, he would basically need to win out, assuming the rest of the field stays pretty healthy. Anderson hasn't had any major injuries during the season that I can think of, he may be pretty stout in the long run.

I still think Roczen looks pretty good for the championship. He seems to be riding smart instead of just crazy balls-out fast so far.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Any thoughts on how the triple crown will change things?

I know each main has a different length. Short ones will punish bad starters. Ken doesn't always start so well...

EDIT: http://racerxonline.com/2018/01/18/insight-faq-to-triple-crown-format

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 18, 2018

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I could definitely see Barcia or Seely or Peick winning one of the mains. It's olympic scoring, so your finishing positions get added up and lowest score wins.

Everyone may need to get their picks in earlier than usual this week, the pulp people weren't sure when to stop accepting picks since qualifying is done during the day.

I think I'm going to try and guess "leader after lap 1" in both classes this week because you've got 3 shots to guess it.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
My friday team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

Everyone may need to get their picks in earlier than usual this week, the pulp people weren't sure when to stop accepting picks since qualifying is done during the day.

Triple post: If I understand the podcast correctly, picks will be allowed up until the main event. So the strategy here is that you could pick some really high handicap guys because if they qualify in, you're basically guaranteed X number of points based on their handicap. There may be some "easy points" if someone really surprising qualifies.

• Locked thread