Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

shacked up with Brenda posted:

I have to MAKE MY PIX NOW CUZ IM GOING TO FLORIDA TO:
RIDE THE GNCC
WATCH THE SUPERCROSS
RIDE A LOT

woo

:hfive:

I'm just sittin' here making questionable picks for the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

:hfive:

I'm just sittin' here making questionable picks for the weekend

Same.
Anthony Rodriguez
Handicap
REMOVE
Jeremy Martin
ALL-STAR
Handicap
REMOVE
Lorenzo Locurcio
Handicap
REMOVE
Kyle Peters
Handicap
REMOVE
Bradley Taft
Handicap
REMOVE
Broc Tickle
Handicap
REMOVE
Eli Tomac
ALL-STAR
Handicap
REMOVE

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
:siren: BRAYTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN :siren:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I have to MAKE MY PIX NOW CUZ IM GOING TO FLORIDA TO:
RIDE THE GNCC
WATCH THE SUPERCROSS
RIDE A LOT

woo

Yo how was your GNCC?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I went to the event here in Tampa because my son wanted to go, and didn't have really much of a clue about Supercross going into it. Gotta say I was kind of surprised at all the theatrics before the race it was like a drat WWE event and way over the top imo. The introductions took way to long, even my son was wondering when they were going to actually race, but once everything finally got started it was good fun.

They need to get rid of the theatrical bullshit and just race.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I went to the event here in Tampa because my son wanted to go, and didn't have really much of a clue about Supercross going into it. Gotta say I was kind of surprised at all the theatrics before the race it was like a drat WWE event and way over the top imo. The introductions took way to long, even my son was wondering when they were going to actually race, but once everything finally got started it was good fun.

They need to get rid of the theatrical bullshit and just race.

Isn't this just the norm for professional sports in America? Don't you guys have fighter jets fly over for the hopscotch championship and poo poo?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been to tons of NASCAR and Indy races and there's nothing approaching Supercross besides maybe the WWE.

They were exploding fireworks and concussion bombs, and had huge ground mounted torches that burned my loving eyebrows off, in addition to hot stripper chicks with real flame throwers like the ones they used in Iwo Jima standing on top of the big jumps spraying fire in all directions. Also spending a good amount of time dramatically introducing each rider which took for loving ever, it was an hour before the racing even started.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been to tons of NASCAR and Indy races and there's nothing approaching Supercross besides maybe the WWE.

They were exploding fireworks and concussion bombs, and had huge ground mounted torches that burned my loving eyebrows off, in addition to hot stripper chicks with real flame throwers like the ones they used in Iwo Jima standing on top of the big jumps spraying fire in all directions. Also spending a good amount of time dramatically introducing each rider which took for loving ever, it was an hour before the racing even started.

Yes, it's stupid.

Fortunately none of it is shown on TV.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That makes NHRA events sound subdued and intellectual

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

Yo how was your GNCC?

I didn't end up competing. My girlfriend blew out her clutch at MX, and that was all the excuse I needed to not share a course with pros.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Bring on the mud!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

A mud race? Reed can still win!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Ss5NO-_tE

Bam Bam is back for Minneapolis

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Where ya sitting? Me and EX250TypeR are going too.

We're in Sec 101, Rows 19-20 seats 1-2 each

Hey, if you guys are here send me a PM or something and I'll get you my phone number.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
What was the mood of the crowd after the musquin / tomac takedown?

I get both sides, it was a pretty lovely move, but it was on the last lap for the win. I'm mostly on Tomac's side, it just seems desparate/lazy to take someone out like that considering Tomac pass Marv nice and clean in the first place.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Deeters posted:

Hey, if you guys are here send me a PM or something and I'll get you my phone number.

Shoulda pinged me in IRC!

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I get both sides, it was a pretty lovely move, but it was on the last lap for the win. I'm mostly on Tomac's side, it just seems desparate/lazy to take someone out like that considering Tomac pass Marv nice and clean in the first place.

Marvin practically had tears in his eyes with all the boos. Welcome to mass, bitch.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

dreesemonkey posted:

Tomac shoulda stayed in his lane or closed the door earlier instead of trying to close it when he was already beat. Musquin's was a lot better than this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDo_6gDvDjE

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Last round fellas. Sorry I've stopped posting a whole lot, my fantasy results haven't been that interesting and I've been busy with work. It's been a pretty good season of SX, interested to see how everything rolls into MX.

I think the 250s could be extremely interesting this summer. I could see Osbourne and Jmart having a good battle, and maybe Plessinger rolls his momentum into the outdoors as well and graduates to true Bad Dude status. I could see AC/Forkner/Savatgy getting so moto wins here or there too, but if J Mart is vibing with his bike like he's found in SX this year, he could have a really strong summer.

I'm kind of bummed to have Osbourne back in the 250s this summer, but i'm sure they threw a mountain of cash at him to stay down. I really would have liked to see what he could do on the 450, I fully expect him to be a podium contender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm not sure if anyone is going to continue with fantasy into outdoors or not, but I picked a team:

Technically, moto should be easier to get decent scores as you know who's going to be in the motos because it's all based on qualifying times. Also, there are "double" points since it's two motos for each class. That would also make picking first lap leaders more appealing since you have twice the chance to pick right.

I think it's going to be a great 250 battle this year. 450s should be interesting at the top (Tomac, Musquin, Bagget, Barcia, Anderson), but the rest of the field is pretty depleated.

I'm picking Osbourne to repeat in the 250 class and Musquin to win in 450s. But I'd be happy to see Martin/Tomac, too.

• Locked thread