Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bayonetta 2
G4F3

A much improved game over bayo1, but for me personally it doesnt reach the heights of mgr or vanquish as far a p* gameplay goes.

The explorative sections remain uninteresting, the multiple combat modes that the game throws out make me just say "boy this part looks cool but it plays worse than the regular fight parts", etc

On the positive side the coop is cool the alt characters are cool, i think the difficulty balance is perfect (outside of a few fights where i just couldnt see wtf was happening with my old eyes) and the story/characters were much more interesting.

Hope 3 really goes big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rare replay
G?F1

Hard to rate this collection beyond saying the bulk of it does not hold up for a first play through in 2018.

A lot of the arcade games are baffling.
A lot of the 3d games have painful controls.

an amazing value if you're nostalgic but i'll stick to dkc2 and diddy kong racing for my rare fix going forward i think and they arent gonna be in any xbox collection

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2

Beat 1 and played about 9 hours of 2. It's complete dreck compared to the Sky trilogy. Pacing, writing is way off. Cardboard characters, pandering to teenage audiences, so much filler. One of the guys in the game's thread mentioned that a goddamn pet falcon in Sky gets more characterization than any person in CS and it's hard to disagree.

The combat is snappier (and better) but pretty much everything else sucks. The move to 3D didn't add anything, characters are poorly animated.

I give it an Ys 5 on the Falcom scale.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to like a trails game real bad somebody play the 70 hour intro and give me your save tia

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I've been playing old games lately.

Pokémon Snap: I never had this game growing up but I got it at the local retro store for cheap. The concept is great; it's basically a rail shooter, but you're taking pictures and trying to get the best pictures and catalog all the pokemon. What kinda sucks about it, is that it only feels like half a game. It doesn't have all 151 pokemon in it, it doesn't full explore the concept of getting special situational pictures, and the whole thing is over after a couple days of casual play. It really is a drat shame they never revisited this concept, because I could have seen a Gamecube, Wii, or especially a WiiU sequel being really fun by building off what they started. With more pokemon, more levels, more secrets, being able to save more pictures - just more of everything, really - this would be a game that still holds up today. Maybe I should go find a copy of Afrika on the PS3 and see if that continues to scratch my itch of taking pictures of things. 6/10

Donkey Kong 64: If there was ever a game that encapsulated everything bad about the N64, it's probably this. This is not a game that aged well, if it was ever really good to begin with. The controls are terrible, the camera is atrocious, the framerate is painful, the padding is annoying. The whole concept of swapping Kongs to get the massive number of collectables wouldn't be so bad if the level design was better, and there weren't so many terrible missions. If you cut the number of bananas in half, you'd have a much tighter experience, and you could get rid of/refine some of the more broken missions, like a race I literally had to glitch to finish, or Beaver Bother, which is bugged and makes it significantly more frustrating than it should be. Avoid replaying this. 3/10

Games I did some LPs for recently.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4: These games still hold up really well. I played bits of 1, 2, and 3 for some footage, and couldn't stop playing them because I was having so much fun. THPS4 changes the style up a bit, with bigger levels and missions scattered around for you to activate and finish, rather than a list and a time limit like in previous games. The mission-based gameplay would get refined later on, and some missions are frustratingly hard, but this is still a very good game, especially if you just wanna screw around and skate in some big levels. 7/10

Ghost Master: A PC strategy game where you boss around various ghosts to scare the poo poo out of people or complete more puzzle-style of objectives. You get more ghosts by freeing trapped spirits in levels, and you can buy new powers to make your ghosts even stronger. It's a really great concept, and I guess my only real complaint is that they didn't/couldn't do more with it. While you'll have a large selection of ghosts, you will find yourself using the same few each time because you built them up more or they're more well-rounded for any situation. Plus, you can't replay missions and use ghosts you got later on in them (unless you use a mod). You will also have to make decisions on what powers to get, locking out others and just not being able to afford upgrades for every ghost. It also doesn't do enough with the different attributes for humans so you can usually just get through most levels by doing the same tactics each time, instead of needing to focus on sanity or exploiting fears. Still I had a lot of fun with this, and kept replaying levels just to try new things or just to try for a better score. 8/10

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: I went into this expecting a generic platformer and ended up with a game that is oozing with style. The music and visuals are really great, and the concept of "twisting" the world is really clever. Giana has two personas, and each one has their own unique skills. Things in one version of a world might change in the other, which is used to make progress or find secret areas. Levels can get pretty long, especially if you're collecting all the gems, but the challenge is just right and, when you start to get better, it just feels really, really good to tear through the levels in style. 7/10

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

I want to like a trails game real bad somebody play the 70 hour intro and give me your save tia

All three Trails in the Sky games are very much worth it. The main appeal is that you get to know all the characters through the extreme slow burn (or smolder really) of the story and then it REALLY pays off in the second and third games. The detail is insane, even the side characters you only talk to once or twice in the game have their tiny little story arcs.

At times I wished they took all the fighting out because the combat is mediocre at best and there's so much of it, but Japan doesn't really do adventure games. You get that next bit of story when you click through a dozen of monsters, fill exp bars and meet quotas.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Real hurthling! posted:

Uh, the game is the 70 hour intro, it's like 90% dialogue and story.

Fortunately that's good stuff, but if you're not ready to read, you're not gonna have a good time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am a pretty big text box skipper

Terminally Bored posted:

All three Trails in the Sky games are very much worth it. The main appeal is that you get to know all the characters through the extreme slow burn (or smolder really) of the story and then it REALLY pays off in the second and third games. The detail is insane, even the side characters you only talk to once or twice in the game have their tiny little story arcs.

At times I wished they took all the fighting out because the combat is mediocre at best and there's so much of it, but Japan doesn't really do adventure games. You get that next bit of story when you click through a dozen of monsters, fill exp bars and meet quotas.

Yeah i played tits through the 2nd region and the combat is real slow, most turn based rpgs with positioning like that or arc the lad feel like they would be better served going full srpg rather than trying to be hybrid idk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fable 2
G2F1

Total rear end. Played to the end just to experience the horror of such a piece of poo poo game. Theres too much to catalog to even begin listing the grave sins this game commits and i really think fable fans might be dumb as hell if they like this shoddy hollow cant even get game over excuse for an arpg

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Puyo Puyo Tetris: We have seen in the past how companies can manage to gently caress something up as simple as a tried-and-true puzzle game. Just look at when Ubisoft put out a Tetris game. No seriously, look at this.

So I'm happy to say that Puyo Puyo Tetris does not gently caress anything up. You can play traditional styles for both games (even changing the appearance of pieces to be more retro), or you can indulge in the newer mechanics like quick drops, piece holding, and ghost markers. On top of that, the various modes mix up gameplay quite a bit, from screen-clearing puzzles, to a party mode with items, to alternating between both games in a single match, to a mode that merges the two games into one. The variety here means there's something for everyone.

There's also an adventure mode, which is a deliberately silly story explaining why Puyo Pop and Tetris now share a universe. You watch cutscenes (still images and voice-acted text), you play a match, you see another cutscene, etc. You can earn up to three stars on each match, depending on your skill, so you can push yourself to replay missions and do better. My only complaint is that some of the cutscenes drag on WAY too long (you can skip them though), and the adventure mode feels a bit too bloated. I've 3-starred 45 levels, and that's apparently the halfway point. You can ignore this part of the game, but it seems to be the only way to unlock new backgrounds and music (there are other unlockables you buy with credits, earned across any game mode). It might also be the only way to unlock new characters. So if you wanna just skip the cutscenes and play 90 different matches, go ahead.

I'll aslo note that there are achievements for playing online and winning online matches. On the PS4 version, at least, there were 0 players last time I checked, which means you won't be able to 100% the achievements, if that matters to you. Or, you know, if you were looking forward to playing against people online. This game is less than a year old. :/

Still, it's a great game with plenty of variety and 4-player local multiplayer, so it should be great for you and/or a group of friends. 8/10

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 1, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Under night in-birth .exe late [st]
G5f5

One of the best fighters ever. The best tutorial for fighters in years. Great characters, deep deep systems. Much anime.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I just beat this game kind of (there's so, so much postgame and optional and DLC content) and it loving rules. It's similar to Bloodborne in that it's taking the core play loop of Souls and trying to action it up, but while that game boils the formula down to essential elements cutting out 100% of cruft - to the point that stuff like covenants and multiplayer may as well not exist in it - Nioh has a much more kitchen sink approach to both gameplay (that gear system lol) and writing. I think the best parts of it, playwise, are better than BB or Dark Souls 3, but the nature of the thing also calls for lower lows. If you like those games, or you have a hard on for Japanese folklore and history, you will probably like Nioh a lot, and the faster combat + totally different approach to equipment means you may like it even if you don't care about that stuff. The first third of the game, before you get your bearings and start a build rolling, can be very very difficult, and there are satisfying challenges in the back nine for people who love that stuff. 9/10

Between this, Nier: Automata, and Persona 5 a whole lot of great RPGs dropped on PS4 last year.

Baku fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 3, 2018

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Matterfall is the rare game from Housemarque that falls prey to style over substance. It's a very pretty but empty game, with awkward controls and a serious lack of variety for how long levels are.

Jump is R1 rather than X, Dash is L1 rather than Square, and the titular Matter Gun is L2. The L1/L2 buttons get the most work in the game, and it's here where you will flub the most, pressing one button when you meant to press the other. The dash button freezes anyone in a radius around where the dash ends, while the Matter Gun is used to cause invisible walls/platforms to become visible/tangible (the matter in mattergun). I can't emphasize enough that the Matter Gun -cannot damage enemies-. But the game is not that hard, outside of the final boss, so why this matters is the score multiplier. You rack up multipliers by constantly destroying enemies, but each time you take damage, your multiplier drops a level. So it can be frustrating if you're working at 5-6x scoring, and then a couple of flubs later, you've completely lost your multiplier.

Levels take about 12-15 minutes to complete, which is not great because you ultimately are fighting the same enemies over and over. One new enemy type gets introduced in each of the three worlds, and that's just not enough to spice things up. It just becomes repetitive after a while. 9 levels and 3 bosses is also not a whole lot of content. The final boss feels like it would be a mid-game boss in any other game, and when you beat it, there's definitely a feeling of "that's it?".

Also this is not particularly relevant but the style of the game reminded me a lot of Strider 2014, which only made me feel like I could be playing a much better game than this one, the whole time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Agreed

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Some quick ones for a few games I’ve finished this year. E is for overall experience because some games (nier automata) are annoying but worth it in the end.

The Last Guardian G4F4E5
I dock a point because technically there are some frame rate issues but I played it on launch ps4 and it was fine. Some of the tail puzzles were annoying but I didn’t experience much frustration trying to control Trico. It might have one of the best endings ever. Only one other game has made me cry.

Nier Automata G4F3E5
I wanted platinum combat and didn’t like the button mashy poo poo so there was some initial disappointment that took a long time for me to get over. Eventually I mustered the will to power through route B and it was worth it. It stuck with me for a long time after I completed it which is probably one of the highest compliments I can give a game. Apparently the side quests have some good story bits in them but I just couldn’t be bothered. The ending sequence is brilliant. One of the best soundtracks ever.

Shadow of the Colossus G5F4E5
I don’t really have to review this. As a first timer it lived up to the hype and is probably the best looking game I ever played.

The Red Strings Club G3F3E3
Cool premise and gimmick for a game, but pretty average overall. It’s short enough (3-4 hours) to be worth a play through and it’s clearly designed for multiple playthroughs but I just didn’t care to see all of the different branching conversations. I don’t think it had anything new or interesting to say about transhumanism, free will, etc to go through multiple times. The first part of the game where you use the lathe is completely pointless because you never use that mechanic again. I have no idea what they were going for there. They should have just pre-made all of the modules instead of making you go through that poo poo.

Doki Doki Literature Club E4
It’s a visual novel so the GxFx ratings are irrelevant. I don’t play VNs so the whole meta critique aspect went over my head. It was still a lot of fun to go through blind and is short enough to complete in a night. I’m glad I didn’t google or youtube anything beforehand because there are spoilers everywhere, especially in the titles of youtube videos. Best played in one sitting alone and late at night.

Night in the Woods G4F4E4
I went through the Gregg path and enjoyed it but I know I missed a lot of side poo poo. Walking around town is so slow that I just didn’t care enough to see all of it on my first playthrough. I’ll do another run on the Bea path and I kind of regret not doing her route first.

Gorogoa G5F5E5
This is some wild poo poo. It’s around 2 hours long and if you’re even mildly into puzzles play it. It's so good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Into the Breach
G5F5

just a fun simple joy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Celeste G5F5

Wow! What a wonderful experience! I am still powering through it (because it is totally kicking me to bits) but it reminds me of all the fun I used to have playing platformers on my NES and Megadrive.

Celeste has some of the best music I have ever heard in a video game. The very first track (first steps) is sitting proudly on my daily work playlist while I go about my business and fit in easily.

I love how difficult it is and I can attribute each death to not being good enough at that current moment in time. Eventually getting through the screen after realising how to and then collecting the strawberry too has made for awesome feelings of happiness (and reminds me of when I was collecting puzzle pieces in Braid).

I got the game because of the praise I was seeing across the forums and I can see it was absolutely the correct choice. Definitely going in my top 20 of all time! Maybe even edging into the top ten :D

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Last month I went through a whole laundry list of indie platformers for the Steam thread, 29 in all. I reviewed some notable entries like Owlboy, Flinthook, Guacamelee, and a whole bunch of others all the way down to tiny one-man projects nobody's played. You can find the whole review list and a breakdown of how they rate right over here.

This month I'm playing a lot of new releases, and I started with the pixel-farming Minecraft/Harvest Moon-mashup Staxel. While they got the farming pretty right, they got the building pretty wrong. Every single block you build with has to be crafted, and you have to buy items to craft them, so it slows the potential fun down to a crawl. It'll still appeal to some people but only the most patient, focused farming-types.

Staxel: Excellent - Good - [Ok] - Bad - Awful

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Celeste G5F5

Wow! What a wonderful experience! I am still powering through it (because it is totally kicking me to bits) but it reminds me of all the fun I used to have playing platformers on my NES and Megadrive.

Celeste has some of the best music I have ever heard in a video game. The very first track (first steps) is sitting proudly on my daily work playlist while I go about my business and fit in easily.

I love how difficult it is and I can attribute each death to not being good enough at that current moment in time. Eventually getting through the screen after realising how to and then collecting the strawberry too has made for awesome feelings of happiness (and reminds me of when I was collecting puzzle pieces in Braid).

I got the game because of the praise I was seeing across the forums and I can see it was absolutely the correct choice. Definitely going in my top 20 of all time! Maybe even edging into the top ten :D

Glad you got to play it; I was worried that it would be too hard for a lot of people to enjoy, but it's just so worth it. Another game where the mechanics and player training through a difficulty curve actually ties into the story in a nearly perfect way. Just awesome.

I'd have a hard time coming up with another platformer on the planet that has a story this emotionally compelling.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Celeste
G4F4

Really solid platforming. Chapter 6 is amazing stuff. So much side content, more than i'll ever do.

Story is some dumb garbo about inner demons and whatever but several npcs are very cute and worth reading the dialog for

Music is very good but some tracks are better than others imo

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Into the Breach: An amazing hybrid of turn-based strategy and puzzle mechanics that keeps you wracking your brain over how to survive just one more turn
[Excellent] - Good - Ok - Bad - Awful

Reveal The Deep: Short horror platformer about exploring a sunken wreck and experiencing the incredible atmosphere of that solitude (also will only cost you fifty cents)
Excellent - [Good] - Ok - Bad - Awful

Abandon Ship: Mashing up pirates and Lovecraft is a great idea, but this one borrows heavily from FTL without taking any of the really good parts
Excellent - Good - Ok - [Bad] - Awful

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Puyo puyo tetris (switch)
G4f5

I love swap mode so much but fusion mode loving blows imo and needing to learn it to clear story mode is a pain in the rear end.

Otherwise incredibly fun game. Online works well and a ton of great content

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Nier Automata - G2.5 F2 E2.5

I don't quite understand the overwhelming praise for this game. It plays out like a stripped down DMC or even God of War with some elements that allow it to resemble a bad shmup at times. There are a number of bad design decisions that made the game really difficult for me to enjoy.

- Everything in the game has this muted color palette, sometimes literally monochrome, that made reading the cool looking action a chore. I eventually gave up and decided to kite everything with my gun pod, which was tedious. This is part of a cohesive art design, but at some point you need to compromise to make the game fun to play.

- The RPG elements added nothing to the game while detracting a lot from the experience. You have access to some cool looking stuff, but you will be mashing against even grunt level enemies due to level differences. Add also that it discourages trying different weapons because you may or may not naturally come across materials to upgrade your favorite weapons. Just scaffolded into using what you can upgrade the furthest in order to make the combat a little less tedious.

- The autosave feature. The game tells you that it doesn't autosave at the onset, but it still does autosave at points. However, there are points where the game doesn't autosave can be back breaking. Near the end of the game, I was in an area that took me about 20 minutes to clear due to some inane shmup parts. I get to the end of the area, attack the boss, and he one shots me. There was no opportunity to save at any point, and autosave didn't kick in, so I had to repeat the entire area again.

- The enemy designs are stagnant. You seriously fight variations of like 6 enemies the entire game. Though maybe this is a blessing since the combat is so inane.

- The environments, partitioned by the area of the map, are pretty barebones. There is a lot of potential to fight in interesting places given the back drop of the game, but the bare minimum of effort was put into the actual battle spaces. The entire last half of the game you are fighting in like two environments that just repeat each other ad nauseum. Half of the shooter spaces take place over an ocean while the other half take place in a monochromatic place.

- Speaking of repeating things, the entire second chapter was unnecessary. I can get behind the Pulp Fiction approach to see the events of the story from a different side, but aside from the intro and ending and some non sequitur fairy tale scenes, nothing different is really shown? That was 8 hours of my life wasted.

- Apparently one of the big twists in the game only makes sense if you do a specific side quest, or pay really close attention to select bits of dialog. I had to look it up because I gave up on sidequests for the most part after the first ending.

- The main female design is kind of bad. Gothic lolita over a leotard that you can apparently reveal and the distressed lingerie or whatever of A2 feels like it was catering to fanservice to be honest.

I may add to that list later, but we'll call that good for now.

As for the writing, I don't think it did anything special? I don't want to get into specifics here, but the twist near the end of the second ending I kind anticipated from the onset, and the existentialism was super ham fisted. Admittedly, that may be exposure to anime/JRPGs for most of my life. By the time I got the last 3 endings, I was filled with such contempt for the game that I didn't have any emotional connection to the characters.

The soundtrack was phenomenal, however. It was the only thing that was consistently good to me. I feel like if you removed the soundtrack and got rid of the fanservice characters, people wouldn't care quite as much about the game. Of the main releases that I have played from a stacked 2017, it's my worst game.

1. Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Yakuza 0
4. Persona 5
5. Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
6. Nier Automata

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nier Automata: G3S5

the guy above me is dumb but the game is good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's a game that is easily misunderstood.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Puyo puyo tetris (switch)
G4f5

I love swap mode so much but fusion mode loving blows imo and needing to learn it to clear story mode is a pain in the rear end.

Otherwise incredibly fun game. Online works well and a ton of great content

I don't think Fusion is bad at all. Just very hard to wrap your brain around, but it plays perfectly fine with interesting mechanics if you want a challenge of playing two puzzle games in one.

Glad to hear the Switch has a good online community, and I think Steam does too. The PS4 version is absolutely barren.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Idk about community, i just play people i know on discord. :shrug:

Im glad someone likes fusion i guess. Do you also like party mode with the items too? I hates em. Swap only 4 life

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Celeste G5F5

Wow! What a wonderful experience!

Definitely going in my top 20 of all time!

Totally agree. Such a well made game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Vg whats the top 20?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Well the back half of the list is a little maleable but the top two spots have been (so far) unwavering for as many years as they have been out.

- Portal 2
- Super Mario Brothers 3
- Quake II
- Mass Effect 1 or 3.
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
- Tomb Raider Anniversary
- Team Fortress 2
- Burnout Takedown
- Red Dead Redemption
- Celeste
- Diablo 3 (PS4 Edition)
- System Shock II
- Space Quest 4
- Sonic Mania
- Dead Space
- Crash Bandicoot 2
- Fallout 4
- VVVVVV
- Peggle Deluxe

If there is a well known and well loved game that is not here, the chance is high that I have not played it. I also know some might seem a bit ??? too but this is all honest love.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Finally someone else with VVVVVV on their GOAT list

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Itsame the mario 3 agree-er

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

nachos posted:

Finally someone else with VVVVVV on their GOAT list

I own all of Souleyes music albums because of it. Passion For Exploring is my most favourite track and I hum it daily!

Real hurthling! posted:

Itsame the mario 3 agree-er

Not only is it just sublime and made on the same hardware as SMB1 (this always blows my mind) but it was the first ever game I completed as a kid :D This is the reason why platformers are my most favourite genre ever.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

VideoGames posted:

Not only is it just sublime and made on the same hardware as SMB1 (this always blows my mind) but it was the first ever game I completed as a kid :D This is the reason why platformers are my most favourite genre ever.

You’ve played raymen legends right? It’s brilliant and probably second only to odyssey in terms of fun and charm imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rayman is super duper

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rayman Origins and Legends are amazing, though Origins has a better platforming challenge and is more of an ode to classic platformers like SMB3.

Legends ramps up the presentation in exchange for dumbing down the challenge a little and gating the level layout in a Mario64-esque way.

Both are pretty loving sublime, all said, and I think a lot of credit goes to Ancel for kickstarting another 2D platformer boom back in 2011 when people had stopped caring about that poo poo entirely.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Legends contains origins best levels

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Legends contains origins best levels

Disagree. And the ones it does have it remixes in bad ways.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Idk about community, i just play people i know on discord. :shrug:

Im glad someone likes fusion i guess. Do you also like party mode with the items too? I hates em. Swap only 4 life

I just appreciate that they offered so many different options and modes. They coulda just put basic Tetris and Puyo on one disc and sold it for $20, but they went that extra mile and included so much stuff in there.

Party Mode is a bit lackluster, in that I'm never paying close enough attention to know what powerup I'm triggering or will be triggered on me. I'm too busy looking at my play field and trying to match poo poo up. Also since you only have one powerup on your field at a time, you don't get to choose. You also typically wanna trigger the powerful quickly and get a new one to spawn so they don't get buried, but it would be nice to have the ability to "hold" a powerup and use it at a more convenient time. Still, it contributes to the variety of the game which is pretty neat.

The only real drawbacks, I'd say, are that there isn't an endless mode for Tetris, and that you can't play as a little onion found in the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Disagree. And the ones it does have it remixes in bad ways.

Yep. Legends is a really fun game but Origins is a better platformer.