Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Monolith

It's Binding of Isaac if it leaned way harder on its shmup inspirations and was much more reasonably balanced. Worth many kinds of punts.

8/10

i can't wait to provide all of my extremely awful hot takes as I formulate them

oh man, BoI without the constant poop and pee and child abuse? added to the wishlist.

Fortnite (PvE): the shooting is okay. the base-building rarely ever feels worth it since you need to build traps out of things you find in the environment, and you don't get 'em refunded at the end of a map. the only time i find myself using traps is at my storm shield, which is a persistent area you return to for fighting more husks. the p2w stuff is a little :/, the systems of leveling up your characters is arbitrary and overcomplicated (it's like the sphere grid in FF10 but without anything fun or nuanced), the devs seem to have given up on it and made their own stupid loving pubg. i don't care about pvp usually so i bet it's fine. the story is okay. glad i bought it on sale. you should wait for it to be actually f2p, or just download pubg if you like lameass ffa modes. 4/10

v: nioh is a game about being a huge otaku but doing something about it

Bogart fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nier Automata: G3S5

the guy above me is dumb but the game is good

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Jamesman posted:

I don't know what gxfx means and at this point I'm afraid to ask.

gameplay, 1-5, fun, 1-5

That's how I've been reading it anyway :shobon:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Pinstripe -- 4/10, SP only.

A fairly rote platformer / adventure game about being a priest and saving your baby daughter from the devil, sadly padded out by a bit in the middle where you need to collect 300 of a drop to proceed, which forces you to retread all of the previous areas using a mildly novel fire system (which, remember in Zelda if you shoot an arrow through a fire source, you get a fire arrow? it's that) to grind your way to get the next geegaw. The ending is fine and they present a NG+ which unlocks special areas. Maybe the true Pinstripe starts there, I don't know.

yiik: elisa lam is a love interest. hahah what the gently caress 0/10

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Fe3H: yes