Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another angle

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/946585860748673024

It's soooo good.

e: https://twitter.com/IIHFHockey/status/946593062528192512

Good triumphed over evil today.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Go USA and Carter Hart in that order

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Relegate the US

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Good to see almost a hundred people showed up for the game.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Also, gently caress America, but those bills USA uniforms are p cool.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Jesus what's with the lacklustre crowds at these games, man? What else is there to do in Buffalo?

edit: apparently there's 41,000 tickets sold for this game but there's still thousands trying to get in to the stadium/across the border - lol

goldrush fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 29, 2017

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

This camerawork is real bad

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This camera angle is so loving awful. I know they're working with what they have but they really couldn't have put a camera tower somewhere closer?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

That sure is some camera work and placement.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Also gently caress you TSN for making me find a youtube stream instead of being able to watch with your own loving iOS app on my AppleTV.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Martytoof posted:

This camera angle is so loving awful. I know they're working with what they have but they really couldn't have put a camera tower somewhere closer?

Yeah it's brutal - way too low. The director is trying to make up for the lack of being able to see the near half of the ice by constantly jumping to alternate angles and it's getting really distracting - hard to follow the play

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Plus the main broadcast cam doesn't ever seem to know where the puck is.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: :canada:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CA! NA! DA!
CA! NA! DA!
CA! NA! DA!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so where are the actual us goaltenders

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

My audio sounds really choppy, like I'm listening to someone playing hockey from behind one of those oscillating fans.

JoelJoel posted:

Plus the main broadcast cam doesn't ever seem to know where the puck is.

To be fair it's really hard to see when 3/4 of the ice is behind the boards.

Okay okay so I exaggerate but drat.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Martytoof posted:

My audio sounds really choppy, like I'm listening to someone playing hockey from behind one of those oscillating fans.

To be fair it's really hard to see when 3/4 of the ice is behind the boards.

Okay okay so I exaggerate but drat.

I like all the dudes just milling about behind the boards.

E: Woo! 🍁

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Eep, bad news. Hope the PK is good.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Apparently a truck fire on the QEW caused huge traffic/border delays today and thousands of people coming down from Canada for this game are still stuck/delayed

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

goldrush posted:

Apparently a truck fire on the QEW caused huge traffic/border delays today and thousands of people coming down from Canada for this game are still stuck/delayed

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

goldrush posted:

Just push the still-burning truck into the ditch and sort it out later, IMO.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: Dube 2-0 :canada:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Go Canada! USA am bad

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Woo! Bring on the snoooow

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Holy poo poo Canada got so lucky there. Mete got beat and Hart was like "whatever I'm not gonna bother covering the post"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

How long until the US coach claims there's too much snow and they have to have a do-over

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Powershift posted:

How long until the US coach claims there's too much snow and they have to have a do-over

Wait for the Trump tweet about the team, that has been treated very unfairly, believe me.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Do most Canadians have an unbridled animosity towards the US or is it just the hockey fans?

drat you guys are twisted as gently caress with envy.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
gettin' pretty snowy out there now

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

wide stance posted:

Do most Canadians have an unbridled animosity towards the US or is it just the hockey fans?

Canadians like their hockey playing boys to be the best. And the younger the better.

Sunduskyesque

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

A Habs player flubbing a breakaway, this is not news.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

wide stance posted:

No it’s just toward US sports teams because they frequently exhibit poor sportsmanship, regardless of sport, gender. It’s distasteful directed toward a bunch of teenagers, but they’re doomed to atone for the sins of other prominent Teams USA.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

wide stance posted:

I feel like this works both ways. I've seen multiple people in the past post gently caress canada in other threads for no reason I can see. But yea, the us are probably the biggest canadian rivals in hockey.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm sorry I made a joke at the expense of your idiot president, USA.

Now comes more hockey.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

PT6A posted:

No it’s just toward US sports teams because they frequently exhibit poor sportsmanship, regardless of sport, gender. It’s distasteful directed toward a bunch of teenagers, but they’re doomed to atone for the sins of other prominent Teams USA.

:laffo:

Have your jingoism without fraudulent reasoning, and enjoy it - like everyone else.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Mete and Poeling are good boys

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
man this is some awful hockey

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

T-Bone posted:

But it looks fun as fuuuck

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

wide stance posted:

Lol wtf ignore the above it's definitely towards the US. Formerly it was because we may have been envious and hockey was the only thing we could claim superiority to but these days it is definitely in earnest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

T-Bone posted:

Lol yeah. So bad. Good thing Canada scored in the 1st before everything got lovely

• Locked thread