Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Jesus what's with the lacklustre crowds at these games, man? What else is there to do in Buffalo?

edit: apparently there's 41,000 tickets sold for this game but there's still thousands trying to get in to the stadium/across the border - lol

goldrush fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Martytoof posted:

This camera angle is so loving awful. I know they're working with what they have but they really couldn't have put a camera tower somewhere closer?

Yeah it's brutal - way too low. The director is trying to make up for the lack of being able to see the near half of the ice by constantly jumping to alternate angles and it's getting really distracting - hard to follow the play

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: :canada:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
Apparently a truck fire on the QEW caused huge traffic/border delays today and thousands of people coming down from Canada for this game are still stuck/delayed

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: Dube 2-0 :canada:

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
gettin' pretty snowy out there now

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
holy poo poo this snow build-up is turning this into a gong-show

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
terrible hit by Comtois, should be an ejection

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:siren: :911:

watching the futile attempts to carry the puck up ice is hilarious

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
That said, I just purchased a ticket package to the Victoria games for next year's tournament

Package includes 14 games

- 2 pre-tournament games featuring Canda
- 10 round-robin games (the not-Canada group)
- 2 quarter-final games (the not-Canada games)

Price was $400 per seat in the corner (I got a pair). I won't be going to all the games as I purchased with the intention of divvying up between me and my hockey pool buddies. Definitely not cheap, but not breaking the bank, either. Works out to like ~$28/game on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
:canada:

I like this photo:

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/949502126530547712

• Locked thread