Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They're in space this time! Fridays at 9 EST

It's been so incredibly long since anything Marvel related aired on ABC that I guess we all forgot how to make threads. So here's the season 5 thread, a few weeks late.

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how Fitz solves everything.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Now if we can just get the GIFfer to come back...

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wasn't sure if people were still interested in them. If people want gifs, I'll do them!

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
To be fair, the Inhumans thread I made was intended to cover all the ABC Marvel shows this season, but I don't fault anyone for wanting to leave everything that involved that show in the past...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GLOSS posted:

To be fair, the Inhumans thread I made was intended to cover all the ABC Marvel shows this season, but I don't fault anyone for wanting to leave everything that involved that show in the past...

I know I was just makin a joke about how we'd all just prefer to forget that show existed

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

I know I was just makin a joke about how we'd all just prefer to forget that show existed

What show?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I understand it's a dramatic conceit, but goddamn, when you're lying to someone don't share a loaded glance with your coconspirator.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
The reveal that Jemma's been reading his lips this entire season is gonna be great...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo can other inhuman dude transmit thoughts too and he kept that secret????

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mack's gonna be upset at himself when he learned he threatened a baby.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ouch

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

wow

the exact wrong thing to say

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no I don't like this

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That Kree lady is lucky May isn't 100%

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FITZ

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

????????????????????????????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

HOLY poo poo

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

Oh man oh man oh man next week is gonna be so goooooooooooooood

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Uh.

Hi, Fitz.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

FITZ!!l, :neckbeard:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
That preview :stare:

HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!

Also I really hope May's alright. :ohdear:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

That preview :stare:

HUNTER!!!!!!!!!!

Also I really hope May's alright. :ohdear:

well we can at least be certain that if they do ever kill off May it's not gonna be offscreen by getting stomped so she's fine for now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"What makes you think I will help you?", Daisy asks smugly as she is held captive with a chip in her neck and limits her powers. Also Jemma is a prisoner. And Kasius can kill every human on the station but she probably doesn't know that because she ran off half cocked.

I'm glad Yo-yo knows what's up with this poo poo situation they are in but she's also there to keep Mack from spiraling.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 16, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Good thread title.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I'm gonna be honest here, next episode looks hype AF

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I'm really starting to get tired of the fact that everyone seems to have turned into some kind of extremely naive [non-binary] scout.

"Earth is destroyed, and all the survivors are enslaved and forced to work in miserable conditions collecting scrap metal. That's all fine and doesn't phase me, but I'm completely astounded the same people doing this might s-s-sell people too! Problematic." - Every character in the show

"I've been a special agent for years, I've no doubt shot countless Hydra mooks over the seasons and god knows what else, but are you saying I have to punch a guy? Literally the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I abhor violence!" *hides shotgun axe*

"Aliens have enslaved us, murder us and force us to murder each other on the reg, and are stripping our planet clean of any resources that might be left with zero consideration how it will effect us. But I'm left appalled and speechless that they would impinge on our sacred rights of natural reproduction and even use it as leverage over us! I'm beginning to think these Kree might need to read the Geneva conventions! Let's have a protest."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm really starting to get tired of the fact that everyone seems to have turned into some kind of extremely naive [non-binary] scout.

"Earth is destroyed, and all the survivors are enslaved and forced to work in miserable conditions collecting scrap metal. That's all fine and doesn't phase me, but I'm completely astounded the same people doing this might s-s-sell people too! Problematic." - Every character in the show

"I've been a special agent for years, I've no doubt shot countless Hydra mooks over the seasons and god knows what else, but are you saying I have to punch a guy? Literally the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I abhor violence!" *hides shotgun axe*

"Aliens have enslaved us, murder us and force us to murder each other on the reg, and are stripping our planet clean of any resources that might be left with zero consideration how it will effect us. But I'm left appalled and speechless that they would impinge on our sacred rights of natural reproduction and even use it as leverage over us! I'm beginning to think these Kree might need to read the Geneva conventions! Let's have a protest."

Yeah, that monolith really wasn't calibrated correctly. Everyone's brain is all hosed up now. I guess Yo-yo's not as bad since she exists on a higher frequency than everyone else though.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I liked Mack's face whenever Yo-Yo tried to use him as an intimidation tool. ""What? Thug? Me? Oh right, grr.""

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Okay, the Mack thing I'll give you, but I thought the baby thing was a perfectly good way to ratchet up the tension. Yes, whatever, aliens using humans as slave labor, it's terrible but it's mundane -- we've been doing it ourselves for literally thousands of years. Actually going so far as sterilizing the population and breeding a limited supply of babies to control them... that goes beyond anything that's ever existed in anything but science fiction. Interfering with a people's reproduction seems a lot more invasive and violating than just forcing them to work.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
aaaaay, fitz, maybe we can get back to form, this was the best episode of the season.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

When they showed the guy in the mask at first I thought he was going to be space Ghost Rider or something but I can live with this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fitting that this aired on Star Wars weekend, the guys in helmets at the end there really had me thinking of Boba Fett and Boushh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I was really hoping for a Jeff Goldblum cameo as one of the potential buyers. Daisy would be an excellent gladiator in his games!

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Preview for next week looks awesome. Looks like we'll be seeing the alien dude from the opening part of episode 1 as well.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
FITZ STATUS: WORKED ON IT

e: oh poo poo Fitz started the rumor about SHIELD and Daisy blowing up the Earth didn't he?

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 16, 2017

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

counterfeitsaint posted:

Just because he's used to violent situations doesn't mean he enjoys beating up people who are unarmed or weaker than him. Also the whole implication is that he's replacing Grill's shitheel enforcer that got chomped the other week.

I was glad of the reveal of TimeFitz as things were getting a little too grim and hopeless for a while there. The show's been somewhat lacking in levity recently.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

This season has been a little nuts in terms of changing up your show's premise and setting, of which I am enjoying (dr who styled dystopian space future, sure why not), but the plot feels like its moving a tad too slow. I wish they had at least reached the surface in this episode instead of just talking about it. Hopefully next episode moves things along. And of course :swoon: Hunter!

I do like that they are continuing to touch and build upon the trauma of the Framework and are not brushing it aside as just last season's plot.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I like how the camera cuts off a split second before Daisy presumably gives a great "oh FFS" look when Fitz takes off the helmet.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"we just got done with evilfitz and here he is again?! gently caress my life."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
My best guess is it would be less "oh god it's evil Fitz" and more "oh my god how did you get us into this mess"