Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

hope and vaseline posted:

SHIELD is a strong, independent show that don't need no MCU

Mac, I didn't know you could get down like that
Coulson, how your Agents get down like that
Fitz I didn't know you could get down like that
Coulson, how your Agents get down like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Will there be a season 6 thread?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sure I'll slap a jpeg and 2 sentences together on Friday, why not

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Regy Rusty posted:

Just a gif of Quake blasting Gravitron into the stratosphere followed by “lol”, that should cover it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/dLonZzB.gifv

Good call

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Regy Rusty posted:

Better have that gif of Daisy HADOKENing Talbot into space.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

A+ post on this one

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
That was such a good finish to that fight. :allears:

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Spoilers from the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer that seem very relevant the Snap punched a hole in the multiverse and other universes are seeping through. So Sarge is probably Coulson from another reality. It seems like they've misrepresented how close to the movies the show will be which is a welcome surprise

Emerson Cod fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 6, 2019

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Emerson Cod posted:

Spoilers from the Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer that seem very relevant the Snap punched a hole in the multiverse and other universes are seeping through. So Sarge is probably Coulson from another reality. It seems like they've misrepresented how close to the movies the show will be which is a welcome surprise

that trailer spoiled not only the end of end game, but most of the spider-man movie.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Emerson Cod posted:

this is totally speculation but could also be that Mysterio is full of poo poo and not from another universe at all. isn't his whole thing that he uses special effects to make it look like he has superpowers?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

gey muckle mowser posted:

this is totally speculation but could also be that Mysterio is full of poo poo and not from another universe at all. isn't his whole thing that he uses special effects to make it look like he has superpowers?

Yep, that's my take and what I'd expect with that person.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Proteus Jones posted:

Yep, that's my take and what I'd expect with that person.

I think it'll be different to that origin.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
I dunno, that would explain in Endgame how Cap got back without using the platform.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yeah, you can't trust a single goddamn thing you're seeing once Mysterio gets involved. His whole thing is handwaving away "OH THAT WAS AN ILLUSION" even when it's 100% clear there's no way in hell anyone could ever fake that, ever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah, you can't trust a single goddamn thing you're seeing once Mysterio gets involved. His whole thing is handwaving away "OH THAT WAS AN ILLUSION" even when it's 100% clear there's no way in hell anyone could ever fake that, ever.

Actually, it was a Doombot

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Emerson Cod posted:

I dunno, that would explain in Endgame how Cap got back without using the platform.

he didn't get back, he got OLD

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Man it'd be cheaper to be a real hero than fake all that bullshit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rocksicles posted:

Man it'd be cheaper to be a real hero than fake all that bullshit.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rocksicles posted:

he didn't get back, he got OLD

Not quite. Read some interviews with the writers. It's not that simple.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

I'm totally expecting his claim to be full of poo poo and all those creatures to be his animatronics or whatever, but on the other hand that's such an obvious direction to take it that I'm thinking there has to be a twist or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I love this is the one thing Elliot Kalan will be known for.

When does this come back? I keep thinking this week every week for the last while.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Yeah that was my take.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I love this is the one thing Elliot Kalan will be known for.

When does this come back? I keep thinking this week every week for the last while.

This Friday.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

This man has his priorities in order and deserves a Nobel

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Senerio posted:

Yeah that was my take.

I think there will be more to it than that if that's the case. Seems kinda obvious for it to be that obvious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, Phil Coulson, Herald of Galactus. Who would've thought this supporting character from Iron Man would be getting this much push years later?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Excellent.

I've not looked at much of the previews, so i'm really excited to see what they're going to do with it. Whether it follows Endgame, who cares? The show has been good even without connecting with the movies.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 7, 2019

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Wow, now there's Cloneson trying to destroy the planet, obviously causing an insane rucus, and in the movie universe, it still doesn't get any attention by the A-team.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Combat Pretzel posted:

Wow, now there's Cloneson trying to destroy the planet, obviously causing an insane rucus, and in the movie universe, it still doesn't get any attention by the A-team.

Explanation: Avengers were busy that day. It works in the comics.

Presumably they've all been been saving the day on a smaller scale all the time in between what is actually depicted in the movies.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Slashrat posted:

Explanation: Avengers were busy that day. It works in the comics.

Presumably they've all been been saving the day on a smaller scale all the time in between what is actually depicted in the movies.

I think they actually used that line at one point in this show, too.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
The Avengers don't save the day because this isn't an Avengers comic show.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

I think they actually used that line at one point in this show, too.
Which is loving stupid, considering the scale of events have become in the red-headed TV show.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The Avengers don't get involved because they know Shields got it handled :cool:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why would I ever want to watch a show about people calling non-cast who are demonstrably better than them at everything because they're too incompetent to solve their own problems?

A completely non-superpowered Shield agent is one of the original Avengers. Shield has theirown Black Widow AND a few superheroes to boot.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Compared to May, Black Widow is garbage.

Feel free to quote me on this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Elentor posted:

Compared to May, Black Widow is garbage.

Feel free to quote me on this.

Nat is better at multi tasking

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rocksicles posted:

Nat is better at multi tasking

What are you talking about? May can have sex and just talk at the same time!

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Klungar posted:

What are you talking about? May can have sex and just talk at the same time!

That’s only true till we can open that hotel door. You know, Schrödinger‘s sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Reminder for others like me who don’t pay attention to TV schedules; the new episode airs tonight!