Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frgildan posted:

Once Enoch said he didn't know who built the lighthouse I came up with a silly theory. What are the chances that something the shield agents do in the future sends the lighthouse back in time so it can be ready for what happens? . Chances are the people on the surface are staying in some sort of old Shield facility. So if the team does eventually makes it back to the past they leave a record that is discovered. Hence why some people on the surface have a record of who should be there and when. A nice closed loop. Except for the lighthouse being a big old paradox.

My thinking is if they change the future, they wipe out the timeline and thus all the people there; I wouldn't want a repeat of that from the Framework, where all the characters you've come to sympathize with are undone. So what they might do is take the surviving humans and send them back to an even earlier point in history to build the bunker.

Actually part of me hopes that the next arc still isn't in our current time but like the 1960s or something.

ED: I know the shows don't cross over (but with the recent merger this would be hilarious) but was that the very same Lighthouse from a Legion episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Actually part of me hopes that the next arc still isn't in our current time but like the 1960s or something.

1940s, where they team up with Peggy Carter, Jarvis, and Howard Stark to build The Lighthouse.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I'm thinking that the Extinction Level Event is whatever the Kree Caesar plans do to after he leaves and not the planet blowing up. Humanity obviously survived the planet getting blown up.
That would put Enoch at odds with S.H.I.E.L.D. who would definitely want to go back and stop the whole Earth blowing up thing.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

1940s, where they team up with Peggy Carter, Jarvis, and Howard Stark to build The Lighthouse.

:pray: I would love to see them show up one more time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

I'm thinking that the Extinction Level Event is whatever the Kree Caesar plans do to after he leaves and not the planet blowing up. Humanity obviously survived the planet getting blown up.
That would put Enoch at odds with S.H.I.E.L.D. who would definitely want to go back and stop the whole Earth blowing up thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

I'm pretty sure the earth getting blown up qualifies...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

I'm pretty sure the earth getting blown up qualifies...

Yeah, it's sort of near the top of the list.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

All the humans are sterile, too. I assume none of them are educated enough to actually run the lab properly so I think everybody is hosed with or without the Kree. The extinction level event has to be the Earth blowing up.

Daisy definitely didn't do it though. Someone went back in time to stop Ward from shooting the dog and that led to the Earth's destruction.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just caught up and god I missed Hunter and how bad he is at everything.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Could it be related to Daisy's genetic material that the Kree sampled?

This is a massive shot in the dark, but it's fun to guess.

We know that powers are inheritable -- the oracle and her dad both had a similar power set, only hers seems to be more powerful. Kasius wants to create more inhumans, and is using Daisy's inhuman DNA to do that. So perhaps the Kree propagate a stronger version of Quake's inhuman gene among the future population. One of the future characters goes through terrigenesis, and becomes strong enough to destroy the planet.

Throw in some time travel, and you've got a causal loop.

(I'd kind of be disappointed by this, if true. I still want Graviton.)

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

graviton was too good for this world.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
If it IS Daisy that destroys the planet, it's simple enough if at the end of their future adventure the SHIELD cast travels back to the "present". Isn't it? Time travel makes my head hurt.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't really get why people are dreaming up scenarios where the Earth stays blown up or it ties into Infinity War when the obvious tv resolution is that they save the day like they were sent there to do and time gets rewritten in a way the MCU never has to care about.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

TFRazorsaw posted:

He's a master of improv.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, if Enoch is an alien, who were the guys he was working with on the night he kidnapped the team?

They seemed pretty human from the way they were talking to each other.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

If he ever came back to the show even without Bobbi I'd be very happy. I like Bobby but Hunter's hilarious.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't really get why people are dreaming up scenarios where the Earth stays blown up or it ties into Infinity War when the obvious tv resolution is that they save the day like they were sent there to do and time gets rewritten in a way the MCU never has to care about.

Because the show is always holden to the movies.

If for some wild reason Infinity War saw the Earth split in two, then the show would absolutely have to brace for and stick with that. Plus I wouldn't feel too cheated if it turned out it was a movie tie in thing because to be honest I'd be pretty "HOLY gently caress" in the theater if that turned out to be the case. Again, this is all just wild long shots. My guess is they'll either go back and fix it, or back to the wrong era and fix it and we'll get some other time period as the next part of the pod, but that's just wild guesses.

In fact, writing this it just really occurred to me one of the reasons I love this show is I can't tell what the gently caress is going to happen in it. Sure, the main characters usually win, but there's consequences and losses and plot swerves I can NEVER see coming, to the point I don't even try to figure them out in advance (also why I probably post way less here than on a show like Westworld or Better Call Saul where you are often trying to figure out where things are headed). The show's very good at staying unexpected and fresh and man I wish they just made season 1 like 12 episodes so they could get to the Winter Soldier stuff at breakneck pace and not forever garner it the "C list" reputation it got with so many people. I half wonder if the Netflix stuff would have even happened if AOS started at it's current quality level.

Honestly in hindsight the only shows to have surprised me more are Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, one of which has turned by the numbers and the other has ended so..

ED: Also the fact that whoever is handling continuity on SHIELD is doing the bang-up job I wish major movies had. I mean I honestly can't really bitch about any huge plot holes, pretty much ever. One of the only shows I don't sit there going "WHY THE gently caress DON'T THEY JUST DO X OR Y?" I really think it's this factor that adds a ton to the show's quality level. I also never sit around annoyed that a character forgot things they should know. Hell, Fitz references his brain damage in the last episode, most shows would have probably forgot it ever happened.

Actually the only time I bitched about plot holes was season 1 but re-watching the Ward mind control episode with foreknowledge makes everything he does make like, infinitely more sense. That episode almost broke me off the show for how stupid I thought he was acting but it's totally flipped on it's head now.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Dec 27, 2017

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
You're demoting us? :v:
No. :commissar:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kheldarn posted:

For all the good it does...

He did get that bullet to the skull

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I hope bad military lady turns out to be a skrull. It's about time we got some kree/skrull conflict.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No episode tonight, but getting Hunter and an entire Fitz episode last week was a good enough Fitzmas present to offset it.

Cocks Cable posted:

I hope bad military lady turns out to be a skrull. It's about time we got some kree/skrull conflict.

Well, now that Disney owns Fox, Skulls are on the table...

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Hunter! Hunter is my fukkin spirit animal. He is so beyond the outrageous poo poo. He's droll and dry and gives so few fucks it wraps back round to being a superpower. His face when Fitz flipped his framework switch was on. POINT.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kheldarn posted:

No episode tonight, but getting Hunter and an entire Fitz episode last week was a good enough Fitzmas present to offset it.

Skrulls ARE the table.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Skrulls ARE the table.

No, that's just a mimic. You can tell, because no one put a sticky note on it that says 'Not a mimic'

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Jesus Christ, I've expected some more effort than a roof box from the prop department.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

Kheldarn posted:

They already had the Skrull rights. They confirmed it’s the entire Captain Marvel prequel story.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Kheldarn posted:

Once the whole thing is through they are, which will take years (look at the phone people trying to take over Warner)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CaveGrinch posted:

They already had the Skrull rights. They confirmed it’s the entire Captain Marvel prequel story.

Yeah. Iirc they could do normal Skrulls but a few established Skrull characters were a gray area.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah. Iirc they could do normal Skrulls but a few established Skrull characters were a gray area.

The Skrulls that had Fantastic Four powers I think.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Ep 5 was one of the best episodes of Agents made. It really was a microcosm of what has made the series so good: clever dialogue, competent directing, good action, exceptional acting, and the ability to tell you exactly where it's going but still surprise you along the way.

RareAcumen posted:

No, that's just a mimic. You can tell, because no one put a sticky note on it that says 'Not a mimic'

As someone with a bunch of friends who worked on this game, :perfect:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/04/agents-shield-clark-gregg-director/amp/

Tldr; the 100th episode airs tonight and is directed by Clark loving Gregg, making his directorial debut. It's supposed to be a big one. :gizz:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tldr; the 100th episode airs tonight and is directed by Clark loving Gregg, making his directorial debut. It's supposed to be a big one. :gizz:

gratuitous shots of Coulson at a superman angle incoming tonight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hell yes lets do it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao I'm so glad Enoch is sticking around

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Love the Space Roman, always got to have one of those in sci fi shows

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god this is messed up

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oops she can't hear you

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh noooooooo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

THIS IS TOO TRAGIC

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fitz is gonna murder the gently caress out of that guy

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Codependent Poster posted:

Fitz is gonna murder the gently caress out of that guy

At this rate, the team is going to take turns doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Receive the gift of the science!!!