Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The Kree vs. Skrull Ward.

Annihilation Ward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

seaborgium posted:

Mack: Of course, the experiment is testing how thin a bulletproof vest can be and still work. They want a lot of repeats of each thickness.

In my head canon Mack and YoYo are actually a little weirded out by how much the team hates that Ward guy and are quietly resentful of when they all get drunk and start reminiscing about the times they shot and beat him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

In my head canon Mack and YoYo are actually a little weirded out by how much the team hates that Ward guy and are quietly resentful of when they all get drunk and start reminiscing about the times they shot and beat him.

Then they meet him and understand completely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'd be down with him returning just to initiate them into the "loving Ward!" Club.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'd be down with him returning just to initiate them into the "loving Ward!" Club.

I'm pretty sure May's the only member of that club :v:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Polaron posted:

I'm pretty sure May's the only member of that club :v:

:rimshot:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
No spoilers, but Avengers Endgame has a character who so far was only in ABC's Marvel shows (and iirc first appeared in Agents of SHIELD) so perhaps they're taking TV seriously now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ookiimarukochan posted:

No spoilers, but Avengers Endgame has a character who so far was only in ABC's Marvel shows (and iirc first appeared in Agents of SHIELD) so perhaps they're taking TV seriously now.

Cool, was it a main cast member? Skye, or Fitz?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

bring back old gbs posted:

Grant Ward kills Thanos.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

swickles posted:

Grant Ward kills Thanos.

Well hold on, we never actually hear him take the shot....

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ookiimarukochan posted:

Awesome, glad to heart that Ming na Wen's leg healed enough to have her doing stuff.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's the dog right, amazing

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s very funny that they start giving a poo poo about the TV show after realizing people stream it a lot.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s very funny that they start giving a poo poo about the TV show after realizing people stream it a lot.

They don't give a poo poo about the TV show. In any way or form. (assuming you mean MCU and not MarvelTV)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bring back old gbs posted:

Digging through the cast list, not even vaguely. I think they've been in more movies than episodes since they were also in a couple of the Captain America movies

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Azhais posted:

Digging through the cast list, not even vaguely. I think they've been in more movies than episodes since they were also in a couple of the Captain America movies

ohhhhhhh, ok, one of the side characters that goes back and forth, yeah. Like the guy who got thrown out the door of an SUV

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Azhais posted:

That character was a movie original character, yes, and hence not the one that I meant. The cameo I was talking about was from the same TV show though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Are the Avengers able to save Bill Paxton?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

So Agent Hill or Lady Sif.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Proteus Jones posted:

So Agent Hill or Lady Sif.

Lady Sif was in Thor first and Hill was in Avengers, are you think of Agent Hand?

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
(Endgame spoiler) Peggy Carter? I miss that show.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Lady Sif was in Thor first and Hill was in Avengers, are you think of Agent Hand?

He just said it was a movie original character and other than Fury, those are the only other two I remember coming from the movies to the show.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Proteus Jones posted:

He just said it was a movie original character and other than Fury, those are the only other two I remember coming from the movies to the show.

It could be a flashback or something and be Dum-Dum Dugan or young Howard Stark.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

You misread their response. Sitwell was a movie original character, and therefore wasn't the character they were alluding to, because the character they were alluding to was a show original character.

e: Best I can figured from some googling while trying not to spoil myself on anything unrelated to this topic is Ghost Rider.

Klungar fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 25, 2019

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Graviton just appears out of nowhere and kills Thanos, revealing that Endgame took place in one of the failed timelines of Agents of SHIELD. The AoS timeline is now the true prime timeline and is the one where Squirrel Girl defeats Thanos.

Real answer: (I'm keeping it vague but if you want the exact answer I posted it in the BSS movie thread) The character that appears indeed originated on ABC first, but not on Agents of SHIELD. The show this character originated on was Feige's baby to begin with, so them showing up in Endgame is not as shocking as you might initially think.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Argue posted:

Graviton just appears out of nowhere and kills Thanos, revealing that Endgame took place in one of the failed timelines of Agents of SHIELD. The AoS timeline is now the true prime timeline and is the one where Squirrel Girl defeats Thanos.

Real answer: (I'm keeping it vague but if you want the exact answer I posted it in the BSS movie thread) The character that appears indeed originated on ABC first, but not on Agents of SHIELD. The show this character originated on was Feige's baby to begin with, so them showing up in Endgame is not as shocking as you might initially think.

In case you don't want to go search through bunch of spoilers in the other thread: James D'Arcy reprises his role as Jarvis

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Klungar posted:

In case you don't want to go search through bunch of spoilers in the other thread: James D'Arcy reprises his role as Jarvis

JARVELOUS

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Agreed!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Detailed Endgame spoilers follow

So uhhhh, how is Agents of SHIELD going to handle the snap? They either have to shift the show five years into the future to match MCU chronology or everything will be in the post-snap, pre-second snap world where half of humanity is gone and the whole team surviving would be too convenient.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Short answer, they aren't, don't worry about it.

Of course i bet the movies themselves are going to be incredibly inconsistent about that time jump

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Detailed Endgame spoilers follow

So uhhhh, how is Agents of SHIELD going to handle the snap? They either have to shift the show five years into the future to match MCU chronology or everything will be in the post-snap, pre-second snap world where half of humanity is gone and the whole team surviving would be too convenient.

They could easily say it takes five years to recover frozen Fitz from space due to him drifting or something to explain the time difference.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I don't think they knew anything about what was going to happen with the movies on the TV side so I don't have any idea how they might deal with whatever the repercussions are.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ashpanash posted:

I don't think they knew anything about what was going to happen with the movies on the TV side so I don't have any idea how they might deal with whatever the repercussions are.

Well, they're obviously opening up a "parallel earths" with the next season, so AoS is in a similar but different universe than MCU

Yes, yes I know Coulson and other minor guest characters were in MCU. But... um...

*waves hands* These are not the droids you're looking for

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

howe_sam posted:

Short answer, they aren't, don't worry about it.

Of course i bet the movies themselves are going to be incredibly inconsistent about that time jump

yeah, it's really not the sort of thing the films have been very good at addressing. Maybe the Disney+ shows will deal with it more, but I would be surprised if Far From Home does more than just handwave it away in a line or two

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

ashpanash posted:

I can’t imagine that they didn’t know, that would be completely absurd.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Spoilers

Agent Carter, Young Howard Stark, Sitwell, Jarvis, and even motherfucking Tilda Goddamn Swinton show up, even if for literally seconds. If they have been in the MCU at some point, they are fair game to show up.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Oasx posted:

Information was really closely guarded to prevent leaks, and Agents of Shield has already wrote, shot and completed its sixth season (and I think it's shooting its seventh season now?) The writers and actors were not informed about how Endgame ended, they've been public about this. They were also public about how they were not given a heads up as to how Infinity War was going to end before they completed season 5.

It may be completely absurd but it's also likely exactly what happened.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Oasx posted:

http://collider.com/agents-of-shield-season-6-cast-interview-avengers-endgame/#expanded-universe

quote:

According to executive producer Jed Whedon, the show won’t be dealing with the snap at all, thanks to some well-planned timing. “Some of these problems might be solved in the next Avengers movie,” he said. “And so not knowing how they’re going to handle some of that and the fans not knowing any of that stuff we felt like we couldn’t touch it, because of the second movie that was going to come out where they’re going to tell a whole new part of the story. So the fact that our air date is after works out. We’d always sort of planned that way. That we were going to wait until that movie comes out and then our story can continue without us having to address it.”

https://www.gamesradar.com/daredevi...come-to-marvel/

quote:

“The timeline of season 3 of Daredevil takes place before the snap. And that’s great, because until I was at the [Avengers: Infinity War] premiere, I didn’t know about the snap. I didn’t know, nobody knew in TV.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I mean I'm still convinced the Netflix-verse largely takes place between Avengers 1 and 2. I don't even think Sokovia or the Accords gets a mention in Netflix. And there's a lot of references to the older Iron Man movies, Hulk, and first Avengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Are we ever going to have a time when a spoiler-involved Marvel movie comes out and someone doesn't immediately swoop into this thread to talk about it as if it hasn't been proven by now the answer is "no?"