Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Habibi posted:

Also: surely Coulson is dying because of whatever he got cut with, rather than a sudden and timely reversal of his prior death cure?

Thinking about that, it seems more likely than Kree juice wearing off.

sunday at work posted:

Maybe hosting The Ghost Rider messed with whatever TAHITI did. The cut to his shirt was almost surely so the audiance could see that he is sick by exposing the stuff on his chest.

Maybe?

EDIT: OH GODDAMMIT, WHATEVER.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
He got poisoned by the knife you dorks.

This is going to be just like the "it's not a time loop!" discussion earlier, isn't it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

Coulson: "I am." *head bursts into flames* 
Me watching the new Avengers
:pray:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
No it was the kree who shot the dog

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ward revived the dog by shooting it with a bullet full of kree blood.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Can kree blood bring dogs back? :thunk:

E: beaten

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Chokes McGee posted:

This is going to be just like the "it's not a time loop!" discussion earlier, isn't it.

I can't check the fight scene right now but didn't Daisy get cut with the knife after the guy threw Coulson away?

And in my defense on the time loop sperging most of my argument was based on the assumption that the VFX guy was correct about the flashback team not being from the future which complicates an already complicated topic.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 5, 2018

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

??? He's clearly been hiding an illness or some other condition, or something since the end of Season 4, when Robbie was like 'you need to tell them' etc. Came up again in Episode 1 of this season, so on. If it really is just 'kree guy had poison knife', then they really buried that (no close-up of the weapon, scene didn't close in on him when he got hurt, etc.), and it means he now has two ~secret conditions~ he's hiding from the rest of the team.

Between this and people confused about where Tess came from (there's like four different conversations going over this as new people keep showing up and going 'Tess! You're alive! but how?!' 'well, you see'), how do you people watch tv.... Like, I know TVIV is always like this, but it is still always a thing...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, assuming he just got poisoned by the Kree means ignoring the Ghost Rider/Robbie thing that has had no payoff. The simplest answer is that whatever is killing Coulson was already killing him back when Robbie said that.

I don't know WHAT's killing him. The Kree blood seems like a reasonable possibility. There's probably a dozen other possible culprits. I'm content to wait for the show to tell me. I'm just hopeful the time travel nonsense is mostly done.

Aleph Null posted:

It was a season-long arc. I think they just expected us to remember that TAHITI was a magical place.

Yeah, they made a small little note to it when Tess showed up and they all looked awkwardly at each other and Coulson "we've seen this before."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

They really needed to just put in the concept of an alternate dimension on top of it to fix the problem.

If you are in dimension A then go to the future of dimension B, then go back to the past of dimension A, any changes you make to dimension A because of what you saw in dimension B won't cause a time loop.

ED: Also LOL at the 'happy ending' the humans were left with. Flint should have gone back with them. Once Cassisus's father finds out the humans revolted and BOTH HIS SONS WERE KILLED, including the one he actually liked, yeah. "Armada of warships" I think sums it up.

ED: Also I'm calling it: The other piece of the monolith activated as well, not just the piece with the group, and saved Deek. So he might have made it back, I'm betting he did. Future Enoch is proper hosed either way, but we still have past Enoch. So there's that!

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 5, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Also LOL at the 'happy ending' the humans were left with. Flint should have gone back with them.

"So, do you know how to work the genetic lab to make it so that humanity isn't sterile anymore?"
"..."

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

look at the bright side, theoretically Enoch can get two death scenes! That's like twice as much as usual!

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"So, do you know how to work the genetic lab to make it so that humanity isn't sterile anymore?"
"..."

I took it as they were passively sterilized, not permanently, so that should wear off in the time it'd take to pass a drug test.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cran posted:

I took it as they were passively sterilized, not permanently, so that should wear off in the time it'd take to pass a drug test.

Of course, once Coul And The Gang save the day, will that even matter? They'll be living in a timeline where the world is still O.K.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
No, their timeline will get shunted to the Darkness Beyond Time, where they’ll merge with Schala and Lavos.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

double nine posted:

look at the bright side, theoretically Enoch can get two death scenes! That's like twice as much as usual!

Pfft. Someone's not watching Gotham.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Of course, once Coul And The Gang save the day, will that even matter? They'll be living in a timeline where the world is still O.K.

Maybe I'll be wrong, but it feels like they lingered on Flint and Tess in the stinger to establish that their timeline is their own, perhaps even specifically to keep people from feeling like their struggle was pointless.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
When they get back to the past, Enoch will be with frozen Fitz hiding behind Saturn or wherever they were.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Killing Loaf posted:

When they get back to the past, Enoch will be with frozen Fitz hiding behind Saturn or wherever they were.

So when they save the earth in this loop, does that mean Enoch has to sheepishly bring Ice-fitz back to earth and now there are two Fitzes?

Edit: my wife wondered by Enoch doesn't remember all the loops since he is a super-advanced machine.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 6, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Cran posted:

Maybe I'll be wrong, but it feels like they lingered on Flint and Tess in the stinger to establish that their timeline is their own, perhaps even specifically to keep people from feeling like their struggle was pointless.

Yeah. While I'm not going to make the mistake of effortposting on time travel again the fact they had an ending after the team went to the past means that their timeline isn't erased or anything.

I guess that's assuming the team pulls through and saves the day though. As depressing as they've been writing the show it will probably drag out and end the season on the destruction of the world proving it's a horrific inescapable time loop and then the show gets cancelled.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aleph Null posted:

So when they save the earth in this loop, does that mean Enoch has to sheepishly bring Ice-fitz back to earth and now there are two Fitzes?

Edit: my wife wondered by Enoch doesn't remember all the loops since he is a super-advanced machine.

Because he doesn't go back. He blows up.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bruceski posted:

Because he doesn't go back. He blows up.

That's what I said, too.

He observed Earth for 30,000 years. I wonder if all that data disappeared when he blew up.

"Mostly Harmless" my rear end.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Bad choice of wording to call it a time loop. They should have just led off with "causality loop", which I believe Jemma used this ep.

Doggles posted:

This is how I want Coulson to return in Infinity War.

Thor: "Son of Coul, we thought you were dead!"

Coulson: *looks accusingly at camera* None of you ever bothered to keep track of what I'm doing now, have you?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Argue posted:

Bad choice of wording to call it a time loop. They should have just led off with "causality loop", which I believe Jemma used this ep.

Yeah, I'm going to guess something they did in future time is the impetus for being able to break the loop and spin out the new timeline.

I still think they did this in a needlessly complicated way that doesn't seem to avoid the paradoxes bought up in the flashback. Having multiple time lines splitting off from the diner abduction would have avoided this.

Oh well. I still love the show.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Ojjeorago posted:

No, their timeline will get shunted to the Darkness Beyond Time, where they’ll merge with Schala and Lavos.

Flint is the Time Bastard
i love this post thank you

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Yeah. While I'm not going to make the mistake of effortposting on time travel again the fact they had an ending after the team went to the past means that their timeline isn't erased or anything.

I guess that's assuming the team pulls through and saves the day though. As depressing as they've been writing the show it will probably drag out and end the season on the destruction of the world proving it's a horrific inescapable time loop and then the show gets cancelled.

I don't see how the story arc doesn't have an ending where the world doesn't explode. I mean they're still in the MCU technically (though explaining it through a splintered timeline is interesting, but how do you explain how the world doesn't explode in the main MCU timeline...)

I really want them to get back to non time travel poo poo as it's inherently messy and as well as they've handled things so far, this show is best when it can be a little lighter and "smaller".

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Ouhei posted:

l mean they're still in the MCU technically [...] how do you explain how the world doesn't explode in the main MCU timeline

Thanos shows up, the Avengers fight him, he chumps them, and then he’s giving his big victory speech when half the world explodes and the Avengers are all “Oh, my God, dude! You blew up half the world?!?” and Thanos is all,

“...

“...

“...yes?”

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Proteus Jones posted:

Yeah, I'm going to guess something they did in future time is the impetus for being able to break the loop and spin out the new timeline.

What are they bringing back from the future that they didn't already have or know?
  • They know if they screw up, the world blows up, literally
  • They have been told Daisy is the worldkiller
  • Yoyo has been told that Mack dies at some point
  • Yoyo has been told that they need to let Coulson die

If they fail
  • They know the Kree aren't to be trusted, but what other choice will they have?

All this means is that they will second-guess every single decision they make.

They have no facts that will definitely help them prevent the earth from being destroyed.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aleph Null posted:

What are they bringing back from the future that they didn't already have or know?
  • They know if they screw up, the world blows up, literally
  • They have been told Daisy is the Destroyer Of Worlds
  • Yoyo has been told that Mack dies at some point
  • Yoyo has been told that they need to let Coulson die

If they fail
  • They know the Kree aren't to be trusted, but what other choice will they have?

All this means is that they will second-guess every single decision they make.

They have no facts that will definitely help them prevent the earth from being destroyed.

As fas as we know. We're gonna find out that someone said something in passing that was the key to changing things, and SKAPPO! Coul And The Gang win. And Coul probably dies.

Also, as has been pointed out both in this thread and on the show, Daisy doesn't have the power to destroy Earth; not even in the comics does she have that much power.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

Also, as has been pointed out both in this thread and on the show, Daisy doesn't have the power to destroy Earth; not even in the comics does she have that much power.

Yeah all that's shown is Daisy was last seen entering The City (which was evacuated already, other bad poo poo happening? kree invasion?) and then a 12.8 earthquake from that location.
People seemed to get stupid and figured 'earth quaking = done by inhuman quake'. Heck maybe that general lady did some disinformation stuff as the world was falling apart and they were still able to broadcast.
"Look what SHIELD and the inhumans have done!"

Part of the end of the season will be showing the other angles to that video clip.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ashye posted:

Heck maybe that general lady did some disinformation stuff as the world was falling apart and they were still able to broadcast.
"Look what SHIELD and the inhumans have done!"

It wouldn't be the first time that's been done to them, either.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Honestly, I believe that the destruction was caused by the Kree, but they let the myth of the Destroyer Of Worlds exist because Kaisus knew SHIELD would come and he'd already have a poison pill in the human population to exploit.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

twistedmentat posted:

Honestly, I believe that the destruction was caused by the Kree, but they let the myth of the Destroyer Of Worlds exist because Kaisus knew SHIELD would come and he'd already have a poison pill in the human population to exploit.

His final gambit was to stop them going back so she wouldn't destroy the world and his father could have it whole. He believes she is what everyone says she is.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I feel it's going to be Daisy, just because with all the reasons why it shouldn't have been her would make that the biggest twist.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I'm only on Episode 4 but I can't get over how terrible the make-up job is for Kree. Every time a Kree is on screen I basically roll my eyes and fast-forward to the next scene.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

enraged_camel posted:

I'm only on Episode 4 but I can't get over how terrible the make-up job is for Kree. Every time a Kree is on screen I basically roll my eyes and fast-forward to the next scene.

Really? I think it's pretty drat good. Especially the makeup on top of the makeup.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

Every time a Kree is on screen I basically roll my eyes and fast-forward to the next scene.

That's gonna be a short season.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The kree look pretty baller, even compared to Guardians of the Galaxy where there was Ronan and other dude who were just basically “blue dudes with black poo poo on their face”.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Sinara looked great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

Sinara looked great.

The Kree mooks are less good.