Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I like this show, but I honestly don't think it has two more good season in it. The Aida-arc was phenomenal, but the last season was really mediocre. Deke and Talbot kinda saved it form a total disaster, but I was so fed up with sparsely lit bunkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like this show, but I honestly don't think it has two more good season in it. The Aida-arc was phenomenal, but the last season was really mediocre. Deke and Talbot kinda saved it form a total disaster, but I was so fed up with sparsely lit bunkers.

I'm really hoping the reduced episode order means they retain the same budget, but with more to spend per episode. I feel ya with the repetitive settings.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Total budget is increased but actual budget is cut to the bone in order to pay for a 3 min green screen post credit cameo from RDJ.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm really hoping the reduced episode order means they retain the same budget, but with more to spend per episode..

What does your heart say?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Episode footage will now totally consist of social media videos from the actors and footage from their appearances on other shows. Daisy's plotline will heavily focus on becoming a singer, while Coulson will deal with him being a husband to Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Teek posted:

Episode footage will now totally consist of social media videos from the actors and footage from their appearances on other shows. Daisy's plotline will heavily focus on becoming a singer, while Coulson will deal with him being a husband to Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Forget about clip show episodes, prepare yourself for clip show: the season!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Daisy as of season 6? Marvel retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/chloebennet/status/1063608906306318336

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Teek posted:

Daisy as of season 6? Marvel retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/chloebennet/status/1063608906306318336

She looks great.
So Seven seasons and a movie sounds good to me.
Just kidding I've given up hope of seeing Quake in the Avengers no matter how cool that could be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dropping 240lbs will do wonders for you.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I see what you did there. But let's be fair, he weighed in at 189 freedom kilos

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I see what you did there. But let's be fair, he weighed in at 189 freedom kilos

His head is fat so I'm just going on that assumption.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rhyno posted:

His head is fat so I'm just going on that assumption.

Yeah, but its mostly just filled with air so it doesn't actually add much to his weight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well he's probably binge eating to deal with the depression of being dumped.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm really hoping the reduced episode order means they retain the same budget, but with more to spend per episode. I feel ya with the repetitive settings.

Reduced episode order and increased budget.

Ghost Rider and Deathlok return for five episodes, featuring 157 minutes of action between the two of them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Reduced episode order and increased budget.

Ghost Rider and Deathlok return for five episodes, featuring 157 minutes of action between the two of them.

This in turn leads to a Ghost Rider and Deathlok buddy cop spin-off.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

This in turn leads to a Ghost Rider and Deathlok buddy cop spin-off.

Which one plays by the rules and which one is the loose cannon?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

hangedman1984 posted:

Which one plays by the rules and which one is the loose cannon?

They take turns.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

They take turns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYwQ8R5aE6E

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Wonder how it managed to get such an early renewal, given that it was only barely renewed for S5 or S6. I don’t expect the budget to increase back to S4 levels, but hopefully it’s better than the first half of S5.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Barry Convex posted:

Wonder how it managed to get such an early renewal, given that it was only barely renewed for S5 or S6. I don’t expect the budget to increase back to S4 levels, but hopefully it’s better than the first half of S5.

I’m expecting that Season 7 may debut on the new streaming service.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Reset Smith posted:

Just kidding I've given up hope of seeing Quake in the Avengers no matter how cool that could be.

If they ended the series and followed up with a Sam Jackson-led SHIELD movie, it'd be easy to bring them back into the fold.

I want Iain de Caestecker to have a successful film career, dammit.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Maybe Coulson's appearance in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie made some Disney execs think that his dumb TV show would be worth keeping around.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

sticklefifer posted:

If they ended the series and followed up with a Sam Jackson-led SHIELD movie, it'd be easy to bring them back into the fold.

I want Iain de Caestecker to have a successful film career, dammit.

He's great in Overlord.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

I am not getting this, but I assume its about getting rid of Logan Paul?

Chloe Bennett is just so insanely gorgeous.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Barry Convex posted:

Many years ago, you repeatedly insisted that SHIELD is gone. Perlmutter is obviously a Goon, and took exception.

😉

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I have a working theory that Barry Convex is Barry Allen's forums account and every time he makes a statement he Flashpoints it into not being true

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Since it's been renewed for a 7th season (and Luke Cake/Iron Fist have both been cancelled) we can finally get the crossover into AOS that we've all been waiting for

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Since it's been renewed for a 7th season (and Luke Cake/Iron Fist have both been cancelled) we can finally get the crossover into AOS that we've all been waiting for

Should have gotten Barry to post it, saying it wouldn't happen.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Argue posted:

I have a working theory that Barry Convex is Barry Allen's forums account and every time he makes a statement he Flashpoints it into not being true
That's Crazy Talk.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Klungar posted:

I’m expecting that Season 7 may debut on the new streaming service.

It was renewed by ABC, so I wouldn’t expect that. Plans could change in the next year and a half, of course,

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Little Mac posted:

Put Power Man and Iron Fist on SHIELD you cowards

I mean, in all honesty crossing over with the Netflix stuff to some degree, especially the ones that got canceled, sounds like a fun crossover opportunity. I'd certainly be trying to make that happen in season 7 if nothing else, kind of make it a Defenders 2 + agents of shield mega-event and bring in Daredevil and Jessica Jones too, why not.

Wasn't expecting that big ol' early renewal, happy to see it though since it's a fun show. Now I'm curious how Coulson's gonna get fixed up since I can't imagine doing two full seasons with him out of the picture.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

NowonSA posted:

Wasn't expecting that big ol' early renewal, happy to see it though since it's a fun show. Now I'm curious how Coulson's gonna get fixed up since I can't imagine doing two full seasons with him out of the picture.

They'll get Chris Claremont in to write an episode that resurrects Coulson, Ward, Wolverine, and (surprisingly) Ted Kord.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

Thanks, now I have something to remember if I ever need to induce vomiting

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everything about that promo image bores me in ways that are hard to describe.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/1069666660154572801

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

How many episodes will it take for him to lose his left eye?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I assume that's just part of the promotion ceremony at this point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Funny how they just kind of fell into that seeing as he started out on the show as just a mechanic.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So what are we going to talk about this season now that This Season is Definitely the Last No Really This Time has officially been preempted? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I am not sure how this is going to go. Mac seems like too much of a nice guy and too rigid morally to run SHIELD. Same reason someone like Captain America wouldn't even be great at it.

Don't get me wrong, Mac is awesome, but there's no way his ethics aren't going to cause a disaster. Which should make some good TV.