Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
That.... makes a lot of sense actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Zebulon posted:

Apparently a VFX supervisor confirmed that the alternative timeline is what happens without sending them forward via the Monolith.

This makes no loving sense then because it's following BttF time mechanics, and now I'm going to draw a Doc Brown graph to explain why

Basically, Fitz should have awoken in the future created after the team was taken from the diner, not the future that was created by them being present in 2018.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
VFX guy must be wrong.

I think this is what's going on, as others have discussed.

It's kind of crazy to think that May finds out she becomes Robin's Mom on Robin's deathbed, and then goes back in time and raises her knowing what will happen at the end of it all.

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 22, 2018

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Ambivalent posted:

That's what I'm thinking, too.

Also, when 2022-ish Yoyo argues with May in Robin's vision, it seems like May is the one who suggested a deal with the Kree for help, or at least supports it. And Yoyo talks about how 'you changed our name', what did SHIELD change it's name to, I wonder

I didn't catch that line, but an obvious answer would be S.W.O.R.D.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Ojjeorago posted:

You're all overthinking it.

:golfclap:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm guessing it's May just because it would be ironic that the mother of the Seer was also a "Seer"

E: oh gently caress it's probably Enoch :smith:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
It would be crazy if in some weird twist the Seer was Raina from season 2 :monocle:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Guys I figured it out. The Seer is the psychic inhuman guy that Daisy befriended and May fought earlier. He is either reading their minds from quite some distance or he's reading the mind of someone from the previous loop who knows roughly what's going on. Or long shot, it's a revived Virgil, and he knows what's happening because of the Prophecy.

The Seer shouldn't be any of the team he's had in custody for 50 years and broke, because he didn't seem to have any knowledge of the future in the past. If he did he should have removed the stash of SHIELD weapons from the Lighthouse, known who Fitz was, known about the Zephyr on the surface, killed Robin when she was on the Lighthouse, etc.

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 28, 2018

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Teek posted:

With the smallest of chances of actually being the case, I can't help but hope the "Phil is going to die" plotline is being brought up to somehow bring the series back in line with movie continuity Phil being dead. All so that there's a tie in for Infinity War where Thanos brings some people back from the "dead" that the audience would recognize, like Agent Coulson. Movie only fans would go, "Oh yeah, Loki killed him". Movie+TV fans would go, "Oh yeah, he again died recently." If they're careful with the dialogue, they could have it work without having to mention Tahiti or the series, since Marvel seems so :effort: to include TV stuff.

This would be hilarious if only because then he would pop back up in AoS the next week and be like "So, what'd I miss while I was dead this time?"

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
There are gun laws. Kasius banned them except for law enforcement and hunting uses :colbert:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

Coulson: "I am." *head bursts into flames* 
Me watching the new Avengers
:pray:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Can kree blood bring dogs back? :thunk:

E: beaten

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Someone give Mack a vibranium shotgun axe

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
They rereleased it recently iirc

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I think yoyos arms were cut off when she returned back. If you think about it, she always has to return to where she started, so if you know she's going to use her powers, throw your boomerang right at that moment. She probably didn't realize she was being targeted and as soon as she snapped back is when the boomerang was actually released and more or less instantly dis-armed her.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Rhyno posted:

Dude you suck at the Trek reference.

He's not wrong though

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I just want to point out that even though Kassius was made out to be a bad guy, no dogs died on his watch :colbert:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

achillesforever6 posted:

Who knew Hirohiko Araki secretly wrote this show?

Inhuman powers are basically Stands.

E: and the letter Y sounds like a J in english with certain words, so YoYo could be JoJo. :thunk:

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 2, 2018

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

counterfeitsaint posted:

Mack doesn't kill people. He built the shotgun axe for um, not lethally cutting off his bosses limbs as needed.

Robots and Aliens aren't people and deserve to be shotgun-axed :colbert:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

JazzFlight posted:

But this season they were putting forward two competing theories. Fitz and Simmons claimed the future can't change and that they're invincible because Deke is around. Meanwhile, Deke says the multiverse theory just means that he will stick around because he's from another dimension where the earth blew up. If they save the earth in this dimension, it won't affect him at all.

Since they saved the world and "changed the future," it means that Fitz and Simmons were not invincible and that their original theory was wrong.

I'm just confirming that the show ended this season acknowledging that "Back to the Future" style time-travel where you disappear from reality isn't the way they're doing things.

If that's how BTTF time travel works then explain how old Biff gave himself the almanac in the past and then returned to the good future in the Delorean :colbert:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Dekes probably just hanging out with Wards dog

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Oracle posted:

Simmons'll find the pod, open it with expectant happiness only to find it full of ashes.

This is Fitz were talking about so she'll open it only to have him see her turn to ashes.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Chokes McGee posted:

There is a woman in our apartment who looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY, like Jemma Simmons

I don’t think she’s found OG Fitz yet though so we’re safe for a little bit

I pray for OG Fitz that she never does.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Holy poo poo I did not see that coming but am I ever excited. AoS is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
The Avengers don't get involved because they know Shields got it handled :cool: