Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

nooneofconsequence posted:

Kasius was pretty weak for a Kree.

I really liked that because that was basically the entire point of his character. He was a pampered fancy lad who wanted to keep his hands clean and let someone else do the fighting for him even though that kind of brought shame to his race's warrior culture. Even when he was on "suicidal steroid rage PVP," he was probably the only Kree on that station that humans could have possibly defeated while on that substance. So even when he was on his last legs in an act of desperation said "You know what I'm going to abandon my personal strategies/principals and go back to my culture's old way of doing things as a last grasp attempt at some sort of validation/honor" he was still woefully unsuccessful. Had he instead given that suicide magic sauce to literally any of his guards instead of himself and sent them after the humans, that roided up Kree bodyguard probably could have been able to stop them.

Also props to the guy who played the main Kree bodyguard who was in the room with Kasius while he was going crazy and talking to Sinarra's corpse. Even under a pile of blue makeup he was able to facially portray the emotions of "Oh poo poo this is bad, our leader is going loving nuts - oh wait he's starting to glance in my direction I can't let my face betray the fact that I think he's gone loving nuts or he might randomly kill me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Cocks Cable posted:

I got confused by the Zima product placement and actually thought it was a smart subtle sign that they time traveled to the 90s instead of their own time.

Was it really product placement? I thought we were supposed to laugh at the fact that he preferred the lightweight fruity drink that's usually for women because he had no experience with real beer or any social stigmas around it.

But I guess you're right that they probably couldn't mention it by name if they were intentionally giving it a negative connotation. Still I like my interpretation better and I think that makes it funnier if Zima actually paid for that.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Chokes McGee posted:

One, how those two managed to have the dumbest motherfucker this side of Barry Allen as offspring is beyond me. :v:

Didn't Deke say that his mom (the Fitzsimmons daughter) was actually super smart and his deadbeat dad brought her down? Makes some degree of sense. Also I don't know if I would call Deke one of the dumbest motherfuckers ever, at the very least he was able to figure out how to survive in the dystopian Kree-controlled space future pretty well. He's wildly out of his element after being transported to 2018 Earth but I think that's somewhat understandable. There are at least 20 characters in the CW Flarrowverse who I would consider much dumber than Deke.

Patrovsky posted:

(Plus, being smothered to death by Simmons feels like a very strange and specific fear).

I'm pretty sure the LMD Simmons was a manifestation of Simmons's fear (of being replaced by an LMD), not Yo-Yo's. I think it makes perfect sense. Not only was Simmons at one point replaced by her own LMD during that arc, but she was also subsequently cuckqueened by Aida during the framework ordeal which would exacerbate that specific fear.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
One minor nitpick that kinda bugs me

If Deke's mom talked about her parents all the time to the point where he knew minute details like their sandwich preferences, how did he not know their names? I mean I know that most of the time she would have been referring to them as "my mom" and "my dad" but at some point their names would have come up.

Or at the very least, how did he not know their last name/his mother's maiden name?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Well in case any of you were wondering what happened to the secondary villainous henchman character who appeared in six episodes of season 1 and then was never heard from again after, there you go, you got your answer!