Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm really starting to get tired of the fact that everyone seems to have turned into some kind of extremely naive [non-binary] scout.

Yeah it's really annoying how stupid Daisy, Jemma and everyone else has acted since the start of the season. They're the worst at keeping a low profile. AoS has been pretty good about avoiding or subverting tropes and cliches but man the season has been annoying so far. I'm enjoying the backdrop so far but hopefully 'tension gets driven by mysterious plot elements that we haven't fully explained yet' goes away soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I don’t think they give a poo poo. Keep in mind, they were out of the Framework for less than a day before they got thrown back into this bullshit. Right now they’re all in full-on “gently caress your stupid future dystopia garbage, I just want to go home” mode.

Hmm fair enough. I keep forgetting that the Framework nonsense just ended.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

It's gonna be Mae versus Daisy though lol

Of course

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm looking forward to Daisy developing a love interest which they will strand in the future when all of SHIELD time-travel back to the present day.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This is the closest to the mainline MCU movies AoS is gonna get....

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Jetfire posted:

I'm already mad at New Talbot Lady for killing Perky Blonde Good Cop :(

Same. I thought perky blonde good cop would be this year's grenade launcher girl

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The episode was ok but goddamn Yo-Yo losing her arms was irksome. Are all speedsters on TV destined to suffer from stupidity?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I've been behind for 3 weeks but I'm finally caught up. Goddamnit they killed more dogs.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

If it makes you feel better Hale shot one dude in the chest so a dog might live

It does actually.

Also, since I'm not caught up on the thread, I must have missed the discussion. The Corporation guy shrouded in the shadows seems really familiar. When I watched the last episode, it kinda looked like the messenger guy that gets punted into the well in 300. Peter Mensah?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

It was brought up. Someone pointed out that he was Oenomaus on Spartacus.

Oh that's why he was so drat familiar. I started watching that recently.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Urgh I totally hope they don't make Daisy and Deke a thing, but him having a crush on her I'm on board with. I'm eagerly waiting to see how they subvert the Deke must sacrifice himself to change the timeline cliché though.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, it was obviously Hydra programming. The only real question is was Talbot's wife (a) willingly Hydra, (b) coerced/threatened, or (c) ignorant and kinda dumb. I lean towards B.

It's obviously B

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Ward didn't shoot the dog

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

FitzSimmons - Jackson (they aren't really one character anymore, but I'm not sure where else to put Fitz... Mckay?)

You know it's funny I had the exact thought go through my head as FitzSimmons HELO'd out of the plane last episode given their gradual progression from science nerds to field agents. I'm eagerly awaiting both of them to get jacked like Daniel did.

Does this mean that Talbot is Bra'tac? Deke is more of a MacKay than a Jonas IMO.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yo-Yo has been believably written this season but man am I the only one that has been annoyed with her most of the season? Between how she was in the future and how she's been now....urgh. I mean fair enough she got her hands lopped off and yeah she sorta had a point but still.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

You guys on Mack's case and I guess I'm the only one here on team Yo-Yo is annoying as poo poo this season.

I really hope they don't resort to multiple timelines shenanigans to split off from main MCU movies. Last episode had more IW tie in than I expected to be honest.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Yeah. The characterization has been really crappy all season whereas it used to be a strength and the writers were really good at subverting genre clichés until this season.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Believable sure. I accept that they're mostly only a few days removed from The Framework. It's still not really fun to watch and kinda grating when it's going on all season though. I'm super annoyed at Yo-Yo witholding the 'we can't save Coulson' bit and then complaining that of course May and Daisy would do exactly that. The series has been pretty good at not letting a drama info bomb secret from related parties.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Slashrat posted:

I only made it 1,5 episode into inhumans before bailing on the show. I had blessedly forgot all about until it was brought up in this thread.

Thanks, thread.

Just wait until we reach our semi-regular Heroes reminder :v:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

I really find it jarring that they keep alluding to events in Infinity War. I really wish they'd just ignored it and used a flexible timeline that they could work with if they get a season 6.

Now (spoilers for Infinity War) they're in a tough spot. If they follow Infinity War and half the people vanish, and they get a season 6, will it wait until after Avengers 4? Or will they just keeps everyone around, which puts them in the same place - if they get Season 6, it will either have to definitely address Infinity War unless they wait till after Avengers 4 and just ignore it.

Though it would be hilarious if the final showdown with Gravitron ends with him and Coulson just Vanishing.

I agree. But so far it seems like the showrunners had no idea what was happening in IW so they just wrote generic scenes to reference it. There's no way in hell they transition from 'generic reference that would conceivably fit in any scenario' to outright referencing it or having it completely influence the ending of the season like they were able to do in season 1.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

J33uk posted:

You know with that 13 ep run you can have it start with Captain Marvel to cash in on Coulson-mania and then finish with Avengers 4...

That would be an excellent way to end the show. If only they can tie in Peggy Carter somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's the same dance as "Surely this time the movies will reference AoS and pretend it exists." :v:

I am supremely judgemental of MCU fans who still cling to this nonsense more than I shun opening weekend viewers who don't stay for the post-credit scenes