Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rip: Ben, the fat idiot who could've saved himself by shooting the kid, Tess, Cassius

Purge all the new people!

Cassius' brother turning on the inhibitor was pretty funny.

Cassius isn't dead. He got cut by a butter knife.

The only way you'd even come close dying from that is if someone did that to you in the wilderness or Mt. Everest or something.

You would be distracted by it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

You're not taking into account that Simmons has that doctor precision

I am taking into account that he got sliced on the left side of his neck, not his throat. Ok, maybe that's where Kree have their aortas. But I'm also taking into account the fact that the actor was kind of cowering and reacting to what was happening during the escape scene as opposed to playing dead or badly wounded after the knife slice.

Like, the only way that kills you is in three weeks because of an infection.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Do we know how long this "pod" is? They're almost out of new cast members to kill off.

Ten episodes so we're a bit over halfway through.

Zebulon posted:

Cutting Kassius wasn't to kill him. It was a gigantic "gently caress you" due to his obsession with beauty and loathing of physical imperfections like scars. Which is how she was introduced to him in the first place more-or-less. It's a "you'll remember me you little punk" cut.

Good catch.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Ghostrider whispered to Coulson that something terrible would happen to him, so my guess is we'll find out what this season.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Aww, no love for Farscape, "...Different Destinations?"

That scene with Harvey is one of my favorites. Him playing 'home on the range' on a harmonica while the horrible poo poo is happening around them - to a Crichton who is just resigned and powerless, having to sit there and deal with it until it's over - beautiful. I honestly think the actual episode is overlong, but that scene is something I cherish.

It even pays off a bit later (in Unrealized Reality), but probably would have been more fleshed out in a hypothetical season 5.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeIn6mmhWI

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 27, 2018

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Dr. Gargunza posted:

I thought we were past making Fitz suffer, but apparently Fitz isn't. :(

Just like DS9, O'Brien must suffer.

For the same reason too. Both Colm Meany and Iain De Caestecker are compelling as hell when they play anxious and tense.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

"You and I are invincible!"

This is how supervillain teamups start.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I'm of the mind that Jemma embracing "we're invincible" is just a coping mechanism for everything falling apart and Fitz going super villain. She wants to believe she can save him.

I mean, you can think that. I guess it's possible. But this is not typically a subtle show.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

lol if you don't think I know this at all times

cats excrete a mind control bacteria, they are literally tiny furry real life hives

I know we like to think of ourselves as free-thinking agents subject to our own whims, but we actually live amongst a miasma of complex interrelationships between countless organisms in a highly adaptive biosphere. To varying degrees, we both are in control and are being controlled more or less constantly.

Point being, oh how nice it would be if it were just cats. But it ain't just cats.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Aleph Null posted:

Proper "pits of fire" Hell:
Spawn.
Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. (also has corridors of individual Hells)
Bedazzled.

That's all I've got.

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Barry Convex posted:

Of course, there's still one more episode left, so I won't completely rule out the possibility that IW's ending will play out here, but this episode aired a full week after IW's original US release date, so spoilers shouldn't have been an issue, and yet we still got nothing more than vague allusions to the plot of the film. I really don't think it's happening until and unless there's an S6.

It would be kind of great if Coulson ends up surviving, everyone's happy, but then, you know, Infinity War happens to him.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I don't think they knew anything about what was going to happen with the movies on the TV side so I don't have any idea how they might deal with whatever the repercussions are.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Oasx posted:

I can’t imagine that they didn’t know, that would be completely absurd.

Information was really closely guarded to prevent leaks, and Agents of Shield has already wrote, shot and completed its sixth season (and I think it's shooting its seventh season now?) The writers and actors were not informed about how Endgame ended, they've been public about this. They were also public about how they were not given a heads up as to how Infinity War was going to end before they completed season 5.

It may be completely absurd but it's also likely exactly what happened.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Ambivalent posted:

I mean if we're going to do this in the AoS thread, I welcome the first open gay character of the MCU: Carol Danvers newest haircut, it is fabulous and i love it

Technically the first openly gay character in the MCU is Joe Russo

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

gey muckle mowser posted:

what about Joey, the metal bending guy from season 3?

You don't seriously consider this show to be part of the MCU, do you?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah, agreed with everyone who's talking up Hickman's run - I don't read comics regularly, and somehow I managed to get a hold of Time Runs Out - I devoured it, all of the FF material and Secret Wars. I even followed Marvel for a year or so after his run, only to abandon it when I realized that there's nothing that good going on.

Point being, I'm not a huge fan of comic books and yet I loved these comic books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

Andrew_1985 posted:

I wonder how frustrated the actors actually get on set? They probably envisaged themselves crossing over to the films at some point.

The AoS actors make plenty of money and have had solid work for years. I'm sure they're fine with it. Really, one less thing to have to do for them - they don't need to go to some greenscreen and hurry up and wait for 10 hours just to be in a 3 second shot in a movie for which they'd barely be paid above scale.