Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
You're demoting us? :v:
No. :commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I never really thought season 1 was bad. I rolled my eyes a bit while I watched the first episode, because it literally smelled of whedon, but other than that it was mostly just an average TV show as opposed to a bad one.

Probably helped that I binge watched it after season 2 had started instead of watching it weekly and shitposting on SA about it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Wtf is gravitonium?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Oh. Yeah. I think I vaguely remember now.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Autism Sneaks posted:

To be fair to Thanos, it was a bit more than being born a purple goblin in a society of ubermensch. He's basically the Eternal Antichrist, selected by the personification of Death in the universe before birth to usher in the end of all things. His mother Sui-San was driven to insanity almost immediately after he was born by Death, so she tried to kill him. Don't feel too bad, as he would kill and vivisect her when he was 12, and from there things escalated.

This is one of the edgiest backstories I've ever seen.
This is an MMO roleplaying tier backstory.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
He brought rocks, specifically, with him when he turned himself in.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Am I the only one who thinks this is easily the worst season so far?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Why is this the worst season since season 1?

The only thing that twigged me was the dumbing down of the characters for plot reasons. They immediately tried to start poo poo instead of laying low and getting an understanding of the situation and put the last remnants of humanity at risk of extermination.

At least they waited until S5 to do time travel.

I really don't like the setting or the lovely convoluted time travel plot.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ward revived the dog by shooting it with a bullet full of kree blood.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imagine four Fitzes at the edge of a cliff,

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I certainly enjoyed this episode a lot more than the rest of the season. Dank-rear end space dystopia with star trek aliens sucked.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

There is nobody on the planet who took a sip of beer, or coffee, or hard alcohol, and thought, "Mmm. Delicious." You drink it to get hosed up and eventually your tastebuds are numb enough that you don't mind drinking it.

Correct.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Azhais posted:

And how do you lose both arms as a speedster? after the first was chopped off you think you'd think twice about catching the disk again

I dunno how the hell she lost even one arm. We weren't shown, because there isn't really a way that makes sense.

Even if it did make sense, they'd be cut off at the wrist or even fingers, not literally above the elbow.

Mymla fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 5, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think the writers might not have planned for what exactly cut off Yoyo's arms when they had Future Yoyo show up with no arms, and this was the best they could come up with.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Can the next episode just be 40 minutes of awkward small talk between Deke and Deathlok?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Also, mods change my name to Fear Dimension tia.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

I’m getting tired of Deke. I get that he’s overwhelmed like the time, but you could create a drinking game around the times he gets huffy and starts a complaint with sorry I’m from the lovely future.

Yeah, same tbh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Medullah posted:

It does seem that they're aiming for a curve ball with Deke. It was a little on the nose when he wanted to have a catch with his pop.

Nah, they literally have DNA evidence.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Or they could just change the timeline, have Deke stay and have someone point out that "hey guys this is an impossible paradox oh well that's wacky I guess". It's not like any of this makes sense in the first place. Sense went out the window the moment they started traveling in time.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Can't it be a new secret evil organization?
No. Hail Hydra.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think it's really dumb that yoyo hasn't mentioned to anyone that coulson has to die yet.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Maybe she could go back to her birth name: Chloe Sparkles.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

Also what about a chaotic neutral dog? What then, hotshot!?

All dogs are true neutral, genius, did you even read the monster manual? :rolleyes:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dexo posted:

I think my favorite moment is still either the Nazi one with Daisy and Ward.

Or the moment where Ward makes an appeal to Daisy and Daisy just loving shoots him no hesitation.

The best part is how ward somehow just survives 4 shots to the chest.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if they did that, said "actually, he did die" and everything works out from there.

It would be a bit of an asspull.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

It cuts to Talbot's wife and she literally has tears running down her face as Hale's lackey hovers over her.
She literally doesn't.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Moriatti posted:

That's just a bad still.

That's a hair.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Moriatti posted:

And all those frown stress lines are also hairs.

EDIT: Nevermind that it's reflective and not the same colour as her hair what

Dude, watch the scene again. It moves around. It's extremely a hair.

She also rolls her eyes and smiles sarcastically, she's either in on it or she's just reading the weird script the weird woman gave her, probably the latter.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Talbot's wife is a dreadlord actually.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Talbot is a Goa'uld.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Infinity war is probably gonna be a pretty meh movie, but I kinda feel like I have to see it.
It's over, Disney won.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Arist posted:

I think the "IW will be just okay" line of thought comes less from what we know of the film and more of just that it's too big, too much to ever possibly be good. I'm kind of guilty of it as well, but I'm still excited to see it.

Yeah, this. I just doubt they'll be able to have a movie with EVERY CHARACTER, MAN and actually do something good with those characters, unless the movie is like 3 hours long.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yo-yo did nothing wrong.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sloth Life posted:

As much as I like Daisy I don't think she should be boss. May is the sodding Cavalry, has years of experience and can make the hard calls, she should be the next in line. Daisy should be her Number One

Agreed. I have no idea why she's first pick when May is still around.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm all for some scenery chewing but Evil Talbot's space dictator costume was just so bad.

Yeah I chuckled when he asked "how do I look?". "Like a loving supervillain, dude."

Mymla fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 6, 2018

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

howe_sam posted:

May gave herself that kind of poo poo for it.

"Dammit Melinda, you shouldn't have let your thirst for vengeance towards that child consume you like that!"
-Agent May in front of the mirror, every day.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cocks Cable posted:

So with only 13 episodes (not 22), is it safe to say season 6 would definitely be the last season? Has there ever been a show that went from full to half order and kept getting renewed? I love this show and would gladly watch 5 more seasons or whatever, but I have to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Nothing is definitive, but I'd be kinda surprised if it got a 7th season. And I kinda want season 6 to be the last one. This season has definitely been the worst since the first, the writing has taken a bit of a downturn, and the budget cuts definitely hurt it.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/NatalieAbrams/status/996425401688731649

Well, that's one way to avoid dealing with Avengers 4's probable timeline-undoing ending.

I really hope season 5 ends with [infinity war ending spoilers].

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Make deadpool a recurring character on the show. Get some dirt on Ryan Reynolds to get him to work for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Just say he's from another dimension / parallel universe. Clearly not the fear dimension though.

Are they just leaving that behind now? A portal to another dimension? Just like "oh yeah, I forgot about that thing."

The fun dimension.