Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Oh poo poo. Alternate past May seemed to know quite a bit about the "current future" in that scene with little Robin when she's trying to get her to sleep. Is May not returning with the rest of the team to the original past?

drat time travel, alternate timelines and seer-powers are bending my mind. I hope it's handled well enough here, because it typically isn't. For now though, it's still vague enough so I'm going with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I got the impression that in the flashback they knew about Flint, but also knew that he's not going to be born until decades later. I think Fitz said something about it when he got frustrated with Robin (again in the flashback).
No idea why they don't bring Flint with them when they go back in the first place, though. That's something we're going to see in a next episode probably.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Regy Rusty posted:

I don't think you can bring Kree back to life with Kree blood

I thought they mentioned something about "eternal" and took it as a reference to Thor Ragnarak which also involved some resurrection stuff.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
I like that they had that final scene there, where there's some hope for Earth in the post-apocalyptic future and not going welp that timeline is hosed (and so are all the people in it) but we made it back and we will create a new one (somehow). So Flint staying behind serves some actual purpose.

I also do like that they are sticking with the fixed loop theory although that (combined with the fact that they can't expose all of the season's plot so soon) has created some writing issues (like Zombie Yo-Yo speaking in very vague terms).

Of course they'll have to somehow break the loop, otherwise it's all pointless. I just hope they handle it well.

How long's the hiatus going to be?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Hmm, I have to say that I wasn't very impressed by the new episode.
I did like the Deke bits, especially the tree hugging and his surprised disgust at tasting real beer.

The Xena girl though... ugh.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Kheldarn posted:

And here I though Kasaius cut off Yo-Yo's arms to keep her from fighting back. That makes more sense than what happened. It's bad enough that she should have seen the chakram and easily avoided it, but then it also somehow managed to cut off both arms, at the same place?

I was thinking the same thing earlier. It didn't seem to be an open matter how she lost her arms. I also just assumed Kasius did it -- although on second thought he could have used one of his slugs couldn't he?

Anyway, the episode wasn't bad per se. It was more of a set up episode than anything else and I admit that with all the hype about the 100th I thought this was it and that didn't help.

RE: "real beer". I don't really like (European) beer but I will drink on occasion with my friends. I do remember though the first times I've tasted it and yeah my main thought was how do people drink this in large glasses no less?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Chokes McGee posted:

Man, that joke Yoyo made was rough. The writers really went out on a limb putting it in.

I can't wait for the "she got man hands" joke now.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
That was a good episode. Probably the best one for a while. Maybe for this whole season.

Demented Fitz is best Fitz, in such small doses at least. And it was nice that they remembered his injury from Season 1 finale (and the head-Jemma) as well as dealing with the aftermath of his role as the Doctor in the framework. They really can do great stuff if they expand on that -- as long as it doesn't get Fitz stuck in depression or put him in a permanent conflict with everybody else.

Great work by Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker and Jeff Ward in their scenes.

nashona posted:

Women only puke on TV if they're drunk or pregnant.

I thought it was a funny and appropriate reaction considering what she's been through and just found out.
I didn't make the connection -- to the show's writing benefit, or to me being willingly oblivious on some subconscious level :downs:

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Blazing Ownager posted:

The best part about the Fitz twist is I was going "Come on, AoS! You're better than that. Fitz would shoot so many holes in that fear dimension Doctor. You normally don't pull the 'Don't shoot at the threat' card."

The twist completely made me go "Oh."

Yeah, me too.
They pulled the old "let them think we are lovely writers, and then we throw it back at their face" trick.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

SpartanIvy posted:

I just want to point out that even though Kassius was made out to be a bad guy, no dogs died on his watch :colbert:

That's interesting. I don't remember seeing any dogs (or other animals) around in the future, alien cockroaches aside.
Maybe he killed all the dogs, not just some.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Oasx posted:

If you can't change the future why are they trying to stop the earth from being broken in half? The whole invincible thing that Yo Yo and Simmons have going on makes no sense, and both characters are smart enough to know it.

I think their current theory is that if something does happen to them (especially Yo Yo) then the future can be changed, so kind of win-win.
Also Jemma went with the odds leaving it to chance to decide her fate rather than shooting a bullet through her head or something which would have been more radical...

It's weak but it's all I've got to explain it and I'm ok going with that for now.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Phylodox posted:

Like...has nobody remembered that the test was 99.9% to get Fitz out of the cell and Mack into it? The methodology is a distant second place consideration at best.

I mean, yeah, it was a ploy. But it could have killed her since she did have a glass of corrosive acid or whatnot as she pointed out again in the end. So I'd say focus on her risking her life for science is justified.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If we're getting a groundhog day episode with multiple iterations of the timeline, then I bet they put in one iteration where Yoyo just murders everyone friend and enemy because she's had it with the timeloop crap.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This" I'm from the future" crap is pure genius.
I'm giving a lemon to the next girl I'm interested in and, if asked, I'll say I come from the future.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
It's not that I don't like where this is going, but Jesus Christ that's a bad decision Daisy.

I also appreciate that they went for kind of an Aliens vibe in this one (they cut the power, they're in the ducts! -- with the added reference to Paxton of course) but the costumes (looked like masks over a Darth Maul make-up?) and the editing felt a bit more off than usual.

Anyway, good episode. Interesting plot threads to pursue further.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

twistedmentat posted:

May was so pissed at Coulson jumping the gun, it was brilliant.
I agree that was an excellent idea from the writers.

Also, was this the first time they started talking about multiverse during this season?

I was thinking that maybe they'd do something to split the timeline, so that one version of the team is doing the loop and another version proceeds forward to another future. Kind of like a slingshot or how that... thing in that Nolan movie worked.

But maybe they are going for a more classic version of jumping to another "universe"...

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Didn't future Yoyo imply that Mack gets killed in the original/bad timeline? Or was the wording more vague and I'm misremembering?

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Isn't it weird that talbot keeps absorbing people but still remains calm and unaffected by the four (?) different personalities yelling in his head and constantly arguing?

I mean he says he can control it and yeah he is obviously not all there (and/or insane), but he deals with the screaming pretty well for a person who was broken and incoherent a few episodes ago.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Best thing that could happen with that Inhuman show is that we all collectively forget it existed.

I know I almost have. Except for a few bits that still linger to remind me how awful it was.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Xtanstic posted:

Just wait until we reach our semi-regular Heroes reminder :v:
Funnily enough, I thought the "I can fly now" Talbotron says to his son was maybe a small nod to Petrelli's flying power on Heroes.

And now I helped reminisce.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

#nineseasonsandamovie

make it so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
SpaceFridze is technically not married with Simons... Will we get a wedding 2.0?