Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just told myself it was because it was a bank shot, seemed plausible enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bio347 posted:

Speaking of season 1, Fitz and Simmons are totally going to hyphenate their last names to bring that joke full circle, right?

Gemma Fitz-Simmons and Simmons Fitz-Gemma?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rocksicles posted:

Thanos is an Eternal, he doesn't make kids, he nicks them.

Eternal's can have kids. Plus he's not an eternal he's a deviant born to eternals on Saturn, it's why he has the skrull chin. The resulting ostracism was what made him who he is.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Autism Sneaks posted:

To be fair to Thanos, it was a bit more than being born a purple goblin in a society of ubermensch. He's basically the Eternal Antichrist, selected by the personification of Death in the universe before birth to usher in the end of all things. His mother Sui-San was driven to insanity almost immediately after he was born by Death, so she tried to kill him. Don't feel too bad, as he would kill and vivisect her when he was 12, and from there things escalated.

That mini-series was seriously weird. It also included a plotline of Thanos bumming around the galaxy as an honest to god 'woman in every port' style sailor. Death then asks him how she could believe that Thanos loves her with all the new life he's brought into this universe with these women. Thanos then begins to hunt down and murder every single one of his children.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hansen85 posted:

I've kinda been hoping for someone to time travel back to the late forties/early fifties where they can hang out with Peggy, Howard and Jarvis for few episodes.

I'd totally be down for that being Coulson. He gets separated going back for this seasons pod 2 and ends up helping Peggy resolve the outstanding story lines from her series and helps found SHIELD in next seasons pod 1.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
She told him how Gemma dies, not died. He freaks out because now he knows and that he also knows he can't stop it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The next episode airs tomorrow night, let's just acquit this discussion until then.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'll admit I legitimately forgot about the kree juice reviving people until Coulson comforted Tess. I was just thinking Kasius had an inhuman with resurrection powers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Kree show up shortly after the team gets back/ I'd wager the General from episode five is a Kree plant. Kasius mentions his father invading earth and SHIELD stopping him so Kasius was trying to kill them before they can go back.

I figure they decide to save Coulson by raiding the kree mothership for some cure or something. In order to get to space Fitz retrofits the zephyr with the gravitonium awakening Graviton.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

As I remember it she was off with Daisy on some task and Jemma just got caught because she insisted on helping the dying person. Which is a totally in character decision and the opposite of "psychotic" and "selfish",

It was May, but I think the poster is talking about in the last episode where she just runs off alone to get Mack.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Edmund Lava posted:

A lot of Ming-Na Wen’s roles were specifically written to be Chinese/Chinese-American women. There aren’t a lot of big roles like that and some actors like Ming-Na seem to get cast in the lion’s share of them.

She's talked about it before, when she was auditioning under Chloe Wang she'd show up at the audition and the casting directors would be upset because she didn't "look Asian enough" for the roll. And that's on top of never getting a call for less ethnic rolls based on her name alone. Ming Na Wen has been doing okay but she specifically dropped the Wen part for a long time when she was just starting out to reduce the amount of 'otherness' to her name.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bring back old gbs posted:

Some 3rd party research firm released a thing a ~month ago about how AoS was more watched than any of the Marvel Netflix shows, that may have had something to do with it. Just to keep it away from Netflix if anything

It wasn’t that it was more watched, just had a higher brand presence. It was calculated by raking social media sites for mentions.

More watched isn’t much of a metric when you’re comparing a network show to a streaming service.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah but it was A Snow Buddies Christmas so it ended about as well as you can expect.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Coulson was a Skrull this whole time, but they manage to save him with a transfusion from Daisy that leaves with with a much milder version of her Quake powers. The introduction of this power has an unintended side effect of balancing the fighting powers in his body giving him control of the Ghost Rider and Super Strength from the kree blood. Coulson becomes a shapeshifting/ghost riding/earth quaking/super strong SuperSkrull.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

swickles posted:

She tried to kill Ward and ended up killing Bakshi instead, so yeah not a stretch to think she would straight up murder for Fitz.

Also, does anyone else think they should both take the last name of Fitzsimmons.

You you want to open them up to a bunch of Leo Fitzsimmons jokes?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It might be incidental, but they did change her origin from being infused with kree blood being the source of the power boost and made mention of Kree blood’s healing abilities on humans.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chokes McGee posted:

Infinity Wards

Reality Ward

Space Ward

etc.

The Kree vs. Skrull Ward.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Proteus Jones posted:

So Agent Hill or Lady Sif.

Lady Sif was in Thor first and Hill was in Avengers, are you think of Agent Hand?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ashpanash posted:

Information was really closely guarded to prevent leaks, and Agents of Shield has already wrote, shot and completed its sixth season (and I think it's shooting its seventh season now?) The writers and actors were not informed about how Endgame ended, they've been public about this. They were also public about how they were not given a heads up as to how Infinity War was going to end before they completed season 5.

It may be completely absurd but it's also likely exactly what happened.

Yeah, Brie Larson has said she was given only her lines of dialogue and her footage was all green screened. She didn’t even know who was in the room with her character till she went to the Captain Marvel premier and saw the scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Interesting that they pushed the release up, the initial release said July.