Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Adrianne Palicki thought she could escape from Disney's grasps. In theory they could actually stromgarm her to have another appearance now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
At the end of the season it will turn out, that time travel really is a one way trip. Everyone is stuck in the future for good, so they can't help out with that Thanos situation.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty sure it's not one way or how else would Quake actually blow up the world.

This episode did just reference that there were Daisy-LMDs around.

And the time travel rules weren't established. For all we know there might be different layers of time and the future has already changed. But I guess then Fitz would have ended up in a differnt future.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Enoch's still been active the entire time so he actually might be loaded.

Anyway, when Flint disappeared, I thought Enoch made a move and grabbed him too, at first.

Fitz has quite the reputation now. I wonder if Enoch actually did all that stuff, just to make this story a bit more believable.
"I had to kill everyone in that space station. How else would you get your reputation as a cold blooded murderer of entire families?"
Enoch is a cool buddy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

He sure took his death in stride. He barely flinched there.
I guess that's what you get if your name is Ben.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

And speaking of the humans, the next episode better open with Cassius threatening to kill a bunch of humans every hour until they turn themselves in.

Didn't you learn anything? He doesn't have to threat anyone. The humans will simply kill each other if he demands it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Wait when did that gravity stuff get mentioned? I must have missed that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You know, I kinda like the blue ball woman now. So far she acted like she was some kind of mute, but she simply uses exactly the amount of necessary words. So when she decides to speak, it's really important.
"By whose hands did he die?"
"My own."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Autism Sneaks posted:

Is it just me or does the Kree makeup get worse with every episode?

Cassius' look seems to be actual makeup. Somewhere at the end of the episode he put his hand on his cheek and made a mess of it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Can I just say I'm still calling it, their father is Thanos.

They've referenced their father too many times for it not to be the case at this point.

That's stupid. He's just some important Kree ruler, who gave his sons severe confidence issues.
The reason they keep bringing him up is that this whole fraternal conflict wouldn't make sense without someone they want to impress.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Phenotype posted:

I inferred that from context, but I don't remember when there was a little girl holding a bird or what her deal was.

I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but I'll try to remind you.

We first saw her, around the time her dad died. He was the guy who would get flashes of the future (mostly death). I think he was abducted by Hive, but its been a while.
Later on, at the start of the previous season, when Quake was going rogue and robbing banks, she gave Robin and her mother some money to support them. I believe she also handed her the bird from her father.
Now this season, when Fitz met Enoch, they saw those child drawings of the future. These visions where also the reason Enoch decided to bring Coulson and the gang to the future. So they went over to the child who drew those, to question her about that. Incidentally, that was Robin.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Remember crucifix hot potato? That was fun.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

Do we (audience) know who FLint is?

Black kid with stone powers.
By the way, his name is stupid.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

AbstractNapper posted:

Oh poo poo. Alternate past May seemed to know quite a bit about the "current future" in that scene with little Robin when she's trying to get her to sleep. Is May not returning with the rest of the team to the original past?

drat time travel, alternate timelines and seer-powers are bending my mind. I hope it's handled well enough here, because it typically isn't. For now though, it's still vague enough so I'm going with it.

Imagine how confusing that has to be from Robin's perspective.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Flint seems like he is key, since they didn't seem to know about him in the flashback?

How would they? His parents weren't born at that point.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

But those characters came back from the Lighthouse future. They met, presumably, everyone in the Lighthouse while they were there.

Unless I somehow missed something.

My impression was that these flashbacks where the original version of the story, before Robin and Enoch got involved.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Also, like Coulson and May are Daisy's parents right? Like that was what they were getting at?

I have absolutely no idea how your mind went to that weird interpretation. Most of Season 2 was about Daisy's parents. Remember Doctor Johnson? He was a bit overenthusiastic.

All they were doing was telling the doubting May that she would be a good mother and that Robin was lucky to have had her. In some weird sense, she did just witness how her child was murdered. That's gotta leave some kind of mark.

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad Deek didn't betray anyone, as it would have been cliched and bad. He still might but at least he might have a second thought about it. Also, who were the two leaving when Blue Lady came in?

Random resistance mooks, who didn't really want to fly into space during a gravity storm. They may have been involved in the plan to kill Daisy and fled the ship when they noticed that that's not happening.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 28, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I hope the show gets back on track, once it's back in the present day.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mymla posted:

I certainly enjoyed this episode a lot more than the rest of the season. Dank-rear end space dystopia with star trek aliens sucked.

This is certainly correct.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

Think they'll hyphenate?

Simmons-Fitz is kinda hard to pronounce. Just go with SiFi.

Also they are such ridiculous nerds that they might actually call their daughter Lemma.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 10, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

hope and vaseline posted:

Why are you like this

I just like coming up with the worst possible names for couples, even if the better alternatives are established. In season three it was Hydra God, Grant Ward.

But in all honesty, I loved the wedding scene. Even if it happened in the underground bunker forest which was spawned from the mind of a dystopian space futurist, by a rift to the FEAR DIMENSION. This show is great again.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 10, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

But if Deke is the one that got them their ring, and they had that ring in the future, that means in the original bad timeline, he went back in time to give his grandma the ring.

Fitz may have just gone to the pawnshop himself. It would be inconvenient, because he's wanted, but it's not something only Deke had the power to.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Sammus posted:

A Kree faction though? That’s one hell of a stretch, even for this show. I thought the Kree wanted to kill all inhumans.

Despite how it may look, they don't agree on everything. In season 2 there was a rebel Kree, played by Eddie McClintock. Maybe Pete Lattimer will be the big bad now.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Mar 25, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

e: Man just one episode ago those two were all happy and married and now Leo's having a loving psychotic break. Just once can you let the man be happy?
Well, he was happy. Should be enough for a season.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"Yeah, obviously it means that our daughter's gonna marry some space goon and then she gives birth to a Deke?!"

Oh Fitz, you're great! That line delivery was a great quasi-end of the episode. There was so much confused repugnance there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Maelstache posted:

Funny that Hydra includes "shooting the dog" as part of their graduation programme, as did the first Kingsman movie. Except in the latter we're supposed to be rooting for them as the good guys (yeah, I don't know they don't really kill the dog but the thinking behind the test is basically the same, "What would you be prepared to do for loyalty," etc)

I'm starting to suspect Kingsman might be a little bit pro-fascist.

Isn't that some kinda gang and cult ritual? I heard of that in real life examples.

It's actually a really simple but effective tactic. If you sacrifice something really important to a cause, you will from then on consider that cause way more important, otherwise that sacrifice would be in vain and that couldn't possibly be the case.

Yes. That is just the sunk cost fallacy messing with people's instincts.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 31, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

It was kind of amazing how many squid puns Talbot had. He most have been workshopping them for years.

Every time he thought he was done with them they returned. Obviously, he had a lot of time to rehearse.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

He ate them all. Knee love them some dog meat.

Yes, I know Rhyno beat me to it.

I thought her hair was too long for a military academy.

Killing a human so that a dog can live is Textbook Hydra Behavior 101.

:colbert:

(Don't kill dogs, okay? But also, more importantly, don't kill humans.)

If a man and a dog have a fight where both would die in a lethal stalemate, is it moraly correct to kill the dog to save the human? Consider the fact that the dog would have dies either way. Unless you Had killed the human.

Now what would be the correct choice of you'd replace the dog with something else, like a human?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 2, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Drugged, tortured, exposed to Alien Swedish food, take your pick.

They're insinuating that Hale worsened his condition in the hospital in order to get hin out there more easily.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm kinda excited for the Phil & Glenn hiking trip. That's like one of five scenes this season which isn't in in a bunker.

By the way, it's a really dumb idea to teleport yourself to a random location on the same altitude, if you're in a bunker which is likely underground. If they had ended up in water, they would have been lucky!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 7, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Deke and Daisy will be a couple. eventually, their son marries FitzSimmons daughter. It would explain a lot.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd like this theory but then the DNA scan they did would have said "Actually, he's related to 3."
Once again, science get's in the way of a science fiction twist.
Fine then, In that case, I guess he'll just hook up with some random girl, when he get's rejected.

By the way, did Piper imply that she's into women? (Daisy's not her type, though.)

Blazing Ownager posted:

I didn't take it that way. I took it that the creator got sucked inside, then the CREATOR wanted to suck Quinn inside. I don't think it has a mind of it's own, it's just got minds stuck in it.

Hence the reason all the Gravotonium tech isn't being schizophrenic.

Yeah, this seems reasonable. The other Gravitonium we've seen in Deke's belt the spaceship and the skyship acted as you would expect from the stuff.
The science guy just did something weird to the stuff. So when he got sucked in, he basically became Sandman with gravity material instead of sand. Sucks for him that he was locked up in a gravity canceling box for the next few years.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Apr 15, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Jusupov posted:

If he's only related to two people did fitzsimmons have a boy and a girl?

Don't make it weird and gross. Obviously, Deke's paternal grandparents are some nobodies, who aren't even in the DNA data base.

Unfortunately, it really can't be Daisy, because they sure as hell have her DNA, due to the Sakovia accords.

I want DaisyDeke to be a thing. Also I want her to have a boyfriend who doesn't die at the end of a season.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 15, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Mrs Talbot only mind washed her husband for personal reasons. Don't judge a loving couple. :colbert:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Maybe it's terrible.

:( A Squirrel Girl show which is awful would be so depressing.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

But not even a little surprising.

Shut up you! That show will be great and fun and happy and great.

No. You're probably right, since the world is a depressing grey sludge we have to wade through until our minds wither away and our bodies start to decompose. :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rhyno posted:

I bet Cloak and Dagger is gonna be awful too!

No argument here.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

You don't have to look the same when you get out of your cocoon.

To be honest, I forgot what that guy looked like anyway. I think he had short brown hair?

Personally, I think writers should be a bit more willing to recast actors if they are busy. It feels weird ton rewrite an integral part of the story, because that particular actor has something else to do, or quit their profession. I guess there are exceptions. I wouldn't like them to recast Bobbi. And we don't really need to see a flashback episode of Garret.
Having an actor die in the midst of filming and simply replacing them seems kinda weird and somewhat creepy. But I can see why they wouldn't scrap the whole script and I guess it kinda worked for that one fast and furious movie. Was it 7, or 8? Those movies blur together.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

counterfeitsaint posted:

So far every movie plus AoS has always taken place in real time*. The MCU could easily turn into a massive clusterfuck if they started airing things that take place out of order and I genuinely hope they never do. Despite the fact that nerds are constantly theorizing that they are.

*except for obvious period pieces that are clearly taking place in different decades like Carter and Ms Marvel or future travel

That's actually slightly incorrect. Gotg2 takes place a few years earlier. And Captain Marvel ist set in the nineties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I'm out of the loop there. I usually don't know any YouTube personas. I guess it's better this was.