Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Do cryosleep and virtual lives count for your age? Because Fitz is going to be really, really old by-the-numbers after all of this is said and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
If it IS Daisy that destroys the planet, it's simple enough if at the end of their future adventure the SHIELD cast travels back to the "present". Isn't it? Time travel makes my head hurt.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Speaking of season 1, Fitz and Simmons are totally going to hyphenate their last names to bring that joke full circle, right?

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
In non-time travel related news, I thought it was kind of adorable that that one guy thought he was going to duo-kill Daisy Johnson with a tiny knife after straight-up leading with "I'ma kill you".

Like... maybe the future didn't record the part where even without her powers she's some sort of superhacker ninjaspy? Because it's just not a very good idea.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Xealot posted:

Not that they have the budget, but all the insane Kirby poo poo in Thor: Ragnarok was really great and even the palest of imitations would've been cool as hell.
I think it might be a bit out of place, though. The movies seem to have established that space in the MCU really is that goofy and weird... but the show isn't happening in space. Not really. It's happening on/in/around Earth/its remains, which is still decidedly regular and boring.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The Zephyr-kidnap was really cool.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Ouhei posted:

I did love her reaction to the whole thing, I was afraid they were going to have her recoil from him super fast which would have been annoying as hell all things considered.
I feel almost like it's just her putting up a brave face. The episode hinted pretty strongly that Dark Fitz is her greatest fear.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Two of my more favourite moments in this show now involve cereal. Funny how that happens.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I feel like waiting out Infinity War is a bit silly. Statistically speaking it's entirely possible - probable, even! - that nobody from SHIELD gets hit by the snap, which in the meantime gives them plenty of things to do even if they're not relevant to the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

That doesn't make any sense. Possible yes, probable? Of course not.
It's entirely probable enough for TV.

The snap is literally taking a fair coin and flipping it it 8 billion-odd times. There are, what, six primary SHIELD characters (Daisy, Simmons, Mack, Yo-yo, Piper, Davis)? Seven if you include cryo-Fitz? It's a guarantee that you're going to see streaks of heads that long over that many trials, and while it would be slightly suspicious that the people who happen to be on a TV show all magically survive it's entirely statistically reasonable and that's enough for television.