Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

counterfeitsaint posted:

"I've been a special agent for years, I've no doubt shot countless Hydra mooks over the seasons and god knows what else, but are you saying I have to punch a guy? Literally the worst thing that's ever happened to me. I abhor violence!" *hides shotgun axe*

Just because he's used to violent situations doesn't mean he enjoys beating up people who are unarmed or weaker than him. Also the whole implication is that he's replacing Grill's shitheel enforcer that got chomped the other week.

I was glad of the reveal of TimeFitz as things were getting a little too grim and hopeless for a while there. The show's been somewhat lacking in levity recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
It kind of tickles me that the actress playing General Mom was previously a regular on, of all shows, The Shield. Can't get away from shields, I guess.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Cocks Cable posted:

I got confused by the Zima product placement and actually thought it was a smart subtle sign that they time traveled to the 90s instead of their own time.

The past...or maybe the future.

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
No way can the whole show be a Jacob's Ladder, for the simple reason that too much stuff happens outside of Coulson's POV for that to make sense. Even in this episode they kept cutting away from Phil and FakeMike's conversation to show the action in the control room, so we pretty much knew it was bullshit.

However, when they were in the lift with Deke and they mentioned how convenient it was RealMike turning up right at that moment to save Coulson, and for a moment I thought "Oh, he's still down there and this part is the dying dream."

Somehow I doubt they'd go as far as to pull a Roseanne ending for the season, and I hope they don't as those usually feel like a cop-out(or it did in Roseanne's case at least).

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST
Funny that Hydra includes "shooting the dog" as part of their graduation programme, as did the first Kingsman movie. Except in the latter we're supposed to be rooting for them as the good guys (yeah, I don't know they don't really kill the dog but the thinking behind the test is basically the same, "What would you be prepared to do for loyalty," etc)

I'm starting to suspect Kingsman might be a little bit pro-fascist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Spergatory posted:

So I just watched all of season 5 in two days, and I've come to two conclusions.

1. Deke is the best. I really want to do some kind of compare and contrast between him and Lincoln, because they really are like night and day in terms of how well they were introduced and integrated into the show. One was done really really well and one was... not. There's definitely a screenwriting lesson in there somewhere.

I think the highlight of Lincoln was when Ward wanged him in the face with a fire extinguisher.