Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually expected it to be Coulson under the mask, but nope, Fitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I read that Nick Blood is back in this episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enoch kind of reminded me of a Recorder.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone mentioned how Walking Dead is poo poo but gets good ratings, but I think that's because there are still enough people out there who will consume any Zombie media that they'll watch it even if the show 90% of the show is people with southern accents being lovely to each other and monologs about power.

AoS has nothing that people will consume uncritically. I know lots of people will watch anything batman related, but does Marvel have anything people just loving love they will accept it even if its not good?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonz posted:

I knew Kasius’ brother looked/sounded familiar.

He’s Samuel Roukin, who played Captain Simcoe on Turn: Washington’s Spies.

He was a great psychopath on that show, too.

I love how here in Canada, we have tons of stuff named after what are the villains of American shows about the Revolution. Like in my hometown, there were tons of schools and poo poo named after Cornwallis, and where I live now, Simcoe is a common street name.

How can anyone not have a massive crush on her? Also Kasius texting someone between scenes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Somehow I missed whats her name's death.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RareAcumen posted:

Tess, and they discovered that she'd been killed by walking into a room with her strung up and stabbed already.

Yea somehow i completely missed that happened.

Its too bad they didn't have Daisy just shatter Julie Mao's balls.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Azhais posted:

And pool scenes

Yea, there's a shot where she jumps into a pool and her rear end is completely out because of course it is.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And to think he's because Marvel was going to rip off Metron and Stan Lee said if they're going to rip off a New God, then they should at least rip off the one people actually like.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Why would Fitz have his speech about characters they met in the future timeline, then?

Because Robin is telling them about the future.

I've read a lot of X-men, this is low level time travel fuckery.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think what we saw was how Robin sees thing. Her prescience means she is non linear in her mind, though her body is moving through time normally. She's talking about people she meets in the future to people in the past and that's what annoyed Fitz so much. We saw the regular timeline in the flashbacks where they didn't go in the future, because there had to be a timeline where they didn't go.

There is zero evidence they ever went in the flashback timeline, any future knowlage they have can come straight from robin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Then... how did they get back to the past?

They never left. The flashback was the linear timeline. It was what happens when they don't go to the future to find out how to stop the earth from being destroyed. Robin is the POV character for much of the episode, she's living both the shows now (SHIELD in cracked earth future) and the past (blue tinged May Mom past). That's why they cut from her as a little girl saying "watch out on your left" and then show her saying that to Daisy in the future who avoids the guy with the knife on her left.

As far as we are concerned, the main timeline characters in the future have not gone back into the past yet. Enoch knew where SHIELD would be because Robin told him. She also told them they had to go into the future to save the past.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's probably something he found in the Ravager's stores, that was probably Kree.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The next episode airs tomorrow night, let's just acquit this discussion until then.

May stabbed Gale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enoch better just hang out and comment on what's going on when this is over.

If I had a stomach this is where the vomiting would start.

Also, like Coulson and May are Daisy's parents right? Like that was what they were getting at?

I'm glad Deek didn't betray anyone, as it would have been cliched and bad. He still might but at least he might have a second thought about it. Also, who were the two leaving when Blue Lady came in?

Agents of SHIELD : Kasius Bad Day

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh, I meant that they are her parents in that they raised her, not LITERALLY her parents.

The whole "He may have been your father, but he was never your daddy!" style thing. I remember Paul Atredies and Sierra are Daisy's actual parents.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It was probably in the cat food he was feeding them. Or in the water. Once Humans are able to be self sufficient it probably will fix itself.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Some Info on Dove Cameron's role

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/28/agents-shield-dove-cameron-photo/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social

Obvs don't click on it if you don't want even the mildest spoilers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Xealot posted:

I'm kind of amazed that Paul Atreides is your first point of reference for FBI Agent Dale Cooper. Like referring to Scarlett Johansson as "the girl from Ghost World."

Did you not see my username?

Or the guy who had sex with Jesse Spano in the pool in Showgirls.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aleph Null posted:

Are chronocoms something that AoS made up or is that from the comics?

Also, Chloe Bennett is a pro-follow on all the social medias. It's crazy how active she is.

Her dog is pretty amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Plastics were finally appreciated.

And Coulson is dying from some space poison that Kree had on its blade.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Honestly, I believe that the destruction was caused by the Kree, but they let the myth of the Destroyer Of Worlds exist because Kaisus knew SHIELD would come and he'd already have a poison pill in the human population to exploit.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bentacos posted:

Space Madness

More Space Rudeness really.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Jemma might get ideas if she finds out there are 2 fitzs around.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Apoplexy posted:

"I hear chopping, but I don't hear digging!"

I love the image of Jemma laying in a hammock while two Fitz's work for her is amazing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would not be surprised if Deke is the X factor that changes the future.

I'd not be surprised if General and slicey teen (wait is she named Ruby? like Reigns daughter on Supergirl?) turn out to be Kree or even Skrulls.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, AoS is usually good for not falling into normal cliches of these kinds of shows where characters without information that is important for no real reason other than vague "i didn't want to hurt you" or something like that's reason.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm going to assume there was something special about the chakra that enabled it to chop off Yoyo's arms.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Normally adding a kid suddenly to a show in a late season is the kiss of death.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got to see a floating ship and a robot fight! Best day ever!

Also I completely missed how Deke figured out that Fitz Simmons were his grandparents.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kheldarn posted:

Fear Dimension Deke Mom said something that she used to always say. When Deke is going to tell Yo-Yo & Simmons that Coulson & Co. are back, Simmons says the same thing, but to Yo-Yo.

Between that, and the ring he got for the wedding reminding him of his mother's, who got it from her grandmother, he figured it out.

Ah okay, I thought something happened before that because my PVR hosed up and missed about a minute of episode from when Deke was fighting the Kree.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still want to believe that Hale is a Kree Infiltrator, or maybe even a Skrull.

I just realized that jackass in the future killed Simmons-Fitz's daughter.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah taking the thing out of Daisy was so gross, it has viscera on it!

But man it being in his head was crazy. But then the sweetness of Deke revealing to Jemma that he was their grandson was fantastic, and I totally wasn't misty eyed at it.

I'm going to assume that there is a Hydra element to the Kree, but they were more interested in controlling Hive to use as a weapon to conquer earth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Picardo had a long character acting career before Voyager, so he's kind of a bad choice.

I feel like Bennett can have a career after AoS, she's shown she can do action, drama and comedy, and she's ridiculously gorgeous. There's no way she'd be ignored and stuck in VO roles.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want to see coulson with mid 90s hair and a Nirvana shirt on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

counterfeitsaint posted:

Didn't we see a flashback with Coulson and May from like their first mission together or something, and he looked exactly the same way he does now? I don't remember how long ago that was supposed to be.

I don't think that took place 25 years before though, seemed like it might have been only a few years earlier.

Assuming Coulson and Gregg are the same age, he'd only be like 26 or so during captain marvel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I guess shadow dude isn't a Kree, or Coulson would have recognized him.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If Hale 9s in the air force in the 90s, she could have been a contemporary to Carol Danvers, who is thr biggest star wars nerd in Marvel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Has AoS done a time loop episode?

Jaffa, Kree!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope they do a time loop episode, because you get to have fun but then at the end bring it back to serious. Daisy would probably be the person who was stuck in the loop, but it would be fun to watch Fitz, Simmons or May stuck in it.