Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yo-yo was right again. It's only ok when Daisy goes rogue and gets a bunch of people killed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"What if all we have to do is not fail?" This is why Fitz is the smart one :v:

Codependent Poster posted:

Coulson is going to have to get absorbed by Talbot, then they deliver the cure.

Post credit scene will have a shot of a bald man waking up somewhere who can control gravity who may or may not be Coulson. :tinfoil:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

We do this dance literally every year, every season, every time. Inevitably chat starts about WELP THIS IS THE LAST YEAR IT WON'T GET RENEWED like one episode in, it spreads like wildfire, and then at the end of the year we're all shocked and surprised that it got renewed for another year even though there's literally zero evidence to say it won't be.

Trying not to be all :salt: about it because it really is endearing in the end, but c'mon. Pattern recognition. :nallears:

It's the same dance as "Surely this time the movies will reference AoS and pretend it exists." :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Cocks Cable posted:

So with only 13 episodes (not 22), is it safe to say season 6 would definitely be the last season? Has there ever been a show that went from full to half order and kept getting renewed? I love this show and would gladly watch 5 more seasons or whatever, but I have to prepare myself for the inevitable.

Elementary.

It had weak s5 ratings in the Sunday timeslot but got a surprising renewal for s6 with 13 episodes. CBS then decided to increase the episode order from 13 to 21 before it premiered. Then it got renewed for s7 after a few s6 episodes aired(shifted from Sunday for s5 to Monday for s6 and it just started airing a few weeks ago). No idea on the episode count for s7.

I guess the difference is that apparently Elementary does gangbusters for CBS in the international markets.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Deke is off tasting citrus fruits from all over the world. Or he poofed out of existence.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

That would have been a satisfying end to the series. It focused on the team and emotional closure and nicely tied into every season.

:agreed:

achillesforever6 posted:

If I remembered correctly (mostly by following Clark Gregg on twitter) they filmed the finale like 2 weeks before Infinity War so maybe they got told what was going to happen in the end of that movie to tie it in with the show.

lol they didn't get told poo poo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

counterfeitsaint posted:

Really you guys? I'm surprised I'm the only one who didn't like that episode much. It really drove home how bad the season was. Number one problem was that everyone acted like idiots right up until the end. Coulson was the only one among them that can make the right decision and he won't be doing that anymore.

Now the new leader is Mack "I'm not gonna do the thing that can save the world, because I have 'hope'". It's true that their plan of giving the bad guy space PCP and hoping it kills him wasn't a great plan, but remember no one was opposed to it because they thought it wouldn't work, they'd rather save one guy instead. It's just as dumb as Infinity War where one life was too precious to sacrifice so instead thousands of people can die defending him cause that's better I guess. Can you imagine if everything happened just like the team wanted, Coulson took the syrum and now had to live the rest of his life in a ruined world, knowing that his life was saved at cost all of humanity? That's a fate far worst than death and what kind of a gently caress up do you have to be to wish that on anyone?

The show was officially billed as taking place in the same universe as and alongside with the movies, but I guess that's officially out the window now, the writing has gone to poo poo, see above, and the new budget certainly doesn't help. What's left? A bunch of really talented actors no doubt, but I don't think they can carry the show alone for me, so I have my doubts about next season at this point.

All missions now begin with a prayer to Jesus.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

homullus posted:

Graviton got less sane with time and more powerful with more gravitonium. I don't think he'd have to absorb Daisy to split the world if he kept scooping up all the gravitonium (cf. Robin being told to draw "a dot" everywhere there was gravitonium and subsequently covering half the globe in Sharpie) and going crazier as he did so. I get what you're saying, but the time loop result really doesn't require Daisy's involvement (other than presumably her death shortly after her last known footage). Graviton believed a number of things that were wrong, and "must absorb Daisy" might just be there to explain why he doesn't just crush her from a distance when they fight.

I thought that was just her drawing that the planet got blown up, not that the "rare" substance was under like 75% of the planet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They are still going to be hosed for s6 and MCU continuity unless the movie people tell them what happens in Avengers 4(they won't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

IUG posted:

Daisy Johnson is just the loving worst, right? You guys watch her and hope that she somehow gets written out of the show too, correct? It's not so much the actress, it's just that she's written as god's perfect child who can always save the day and can hack and she can kick all the asses. She's so frustrating.

When Daisy goes rogue, it's ok. But when Yo-yo does it's the worst thing ever!

Yo-yo was right :colbert: