Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this dlc was pretty good. the motorcycle is great. i love it. why aren't more people talking about this motorcycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shift Key much? Topic locked, enjoy your 6 hour vacation.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there any more dungeons like hyrule castle or is it just a bunch of open areas and small shrines?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's a new divine beast but that's it. I'm hopeful that the next Zelda game will include more elaborate dungeons.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I think how this game handled dungeons was fine. The shrines were basically portions of dungeons without any filler. The divine beasts were cool

Anyways I am just over halfway through this dlc and it's great. Lots of new content and the story additions are good. Also urbosa is thicc af

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm playing the game for the first time and the Divine Beasts are really boring IMO.... I've done all except the Goron one. Everything else is really great though and I love waify Joanna Newsom Zelda

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I really enjoy how the music in the divine beasts changes tempo after you unlock each terminal.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the Divine Beasts are cool, shrines are cool, and overworld exploration is cool, but i wish there were more self contained dungeons like Hyrule Castle. i think i'm going to get my wii-u out of storage over the holidays and replay this, though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I've only explored Hyrule Castle a little but it felt epic, like a really good dungeon from a Souls game or something. But so far I've enjoyed the lead-up to the Divine Beasts more than the actual dungeons themselves, there's not much of a feeling of traversal when you're inside them and even if it takes you a little while to solve all the puzzles you can usually navigate the whole area in your first 5 minutes there. Part of what make the old Zelda dungeons cool to me is wondering "how the gently caress do I get into that room" and that doesn't really happen in the Divine Beasts

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Shift Key much? Topic locked, enjoy your 6 hour vacation.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't want to do more shrines for babies where i tilt a ball or fight a single enemy i've fought 200 times before

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Eventide Island was the coolest part of botw.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I got the horse armor that lets me summon Zelda's horse but I should go do the actual dlc content

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cobalt Viper posted:

Eventide Island was the coolest part of botw.

getting there by accident and getting crushed and having to reload an old save cause I sucked, then. going back and crushing it was an extremely satisfying thing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
kiting the hynox to the top of the hill, throwing bombs at him, and then kiting him back down was hilarious and fun. i don't even think there's ultimately a benefit to killing it other than pride and entertainment.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

kiting the hynox to the top of the hill, throwing bombs at him, and then kiting him back down was hilarious and fun. i don't even think there's ultimately a benefit to killing it other than pride and entertainment.

He has one of the orbs to get off the island. I dunno if you can steal it without fighting.

I had an insanely epic fight with him involving him accidentally stepping on the fire and me climbing a tree before jumping off and throwing a spear into his eye at point blank.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm pretty sure i got it stealthily somehow, and then ended up fighting him for kicks anyway

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

P-Mack posted:

He has one of the orbs to get off the island. I dunno if you can steal it without fighting.

I had an insanely epic fight with him involving him accidentally stepping on the fire and me climbing a tree before jumping off and throwing a spear into his eye at point blank.

you can steal stuff off their necklace if you statis them and climb on top of them while they sleep

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The Champion's Ballsack. Topic locked.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

goferchan posted:

you can steal stuff off their necklace if you statis them and climb on top of them while they sleep

I remember the very first hinox I ever fought, breaking all of my weapons and using my last arrow to stun it, grabbing a sword off its necklace while it was stunned, and then throwing the sword though it’s eye to finish it off. Honestly the game solidified its position as goty right there for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I love this game . I spent like an hour today just dredging up chests out lakes with magnesis and it was very satisfying .... how the hell is there no fishing minigame though

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

eventide was so good. i hope they do more stuff like that when they make new one

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

goferchan posted:

I love this game . I spent like an hour today just dredging up chests out lakes with magnesis and it was very satisfying .... how the hell is there no fishing minigame though

They need to just copy the fishing from FFXV, and also bring the boys to Hyrule

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

They need to just copy the fishing from FFXV, and also bring the boys to Hyrule

I've come up with a new recipe!
*cooks individual pieces of wood for 10 mins to restore 1 half heart at a time during the trial of the sword*

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

The additions they made to the soundtrack for this dlc are good. Love the new shrine music

Edit: someone has it all up on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxZPEb_jVjLBtHrYsP2cMvpjRsk-6jbxq

my morning jackass fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 21, 2017

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol I just killed myself twice in a row by drawing bomb arrows on Death Mountain and having them blow up in my face before i realized what was happening. I'm about to do the 4th divine beast, should I do the Champions Ballad stuff right after?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Lol I just killed myself twice in a row by drawing bomb arrows on Death Mountain and having them blow up in my face before i realized what was happening. I'm about to do the 4th divine beast, should I do the Champions Ballad stuff right after?

Thats what I did, on master mode it was real challenging but fun.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Not sure if anybody has had this epic idea yet, but here goes:

What if they added Cappy to this game, allowing Link to possess any being in Hyrule?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chill Penguin posted:

Not sure if anybody has had this epic idea yet, but here goes:

What if they added Cappy to this game, allowing Link to possess any being in Hyrule?

Tryout thread is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3836242

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I'm doing the dlc. i'm a dumb blind idiot though and cannot parse the three maps from the rito ballad. is it all ice and floor? is the dark bits water? do i need glasseS?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

I'm doing the dlc. i'm a dumb blind idiot though and cannot parse the three maps from the rito ballad. is it all ice and floor? is the dark bits water? do i need glasseS?

One is alongside the canyon near the bridge and goron golf thing. One is the flight range. The other is in the mountains sorta near the shield surfing lady.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

gerudo trial spoilers i threw like five snowballs down the hole before i noticed those people standing at the sheikah hideout entrance lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its awesome how the DLC dungeoun is like a functioning engine block

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I just finished the Great Plateau section and now I'm hunting down the Champion shrines and I love this, it's awesome how there's new NPC dialogue and little scenes and stuff relating to it. Were people disappointed with this DLC or something? Maybe I'd feel differently if I already played the game for 200 hours and was just picking it back up for the expansion, but going straight from the 4th divine beast to doing this is such a nice transition, I like how it's getting me to crawl all over the map again.

Speaking of, I was doing the Sand Boots quest earlier (I love the thirsty boot guy btw) and when he sent me on the second part to go find the sword I was annoyed because I ran into it on the way to the statue but didn't remember where, but then I checked Hero's Path ftw and could see where I had lingered around it the first time passing through.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

playing the dlc on mastermode and the 2nd phase of illusory waterblight ganon was giving me an aneurysm until my roommate told me I can just stasis the ice blocks he throws and launch them back at him

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

playing the dlc on mastermode and the 2nd phase of illusory waterblight ganon was giving me an aneurysm until my roommate told me I can just stasis the ice blocks he throws and launch them back at him

Hell I just found out you can shatter them with Cryonis . same with the ones getting fired at you when you're approaching the divine beast itself..... I used up so many arrows

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the dlc2 was a satisfying challenge on master mode but I almost dont even want to do trials of the sword

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

the dlc2 was a satisfying challenge on master mode but I almost dont even want to do trials of the sword

I didn’t make it far, there is really a small margin of error with the weapon degradation and the amount of health the enemies have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

its awesome how the DLC dungeoun is like a functioning engine block

yeah the feeling of putting it all together was really cool. also i really liked the boss

• Locked thread