Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

vince finally tracked down the guy that paid $30 for the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Dexo posted:

Lol at Kaepernick being in XFL2, "The most patriotic show on television"

This is actually something I'm sure they will try to do.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hahahahahaha do it, Vince. The XFL, the NFL, and the WWE will all die and I will just laugh and laugh and laugh until my heart stops.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Shinjobi posted:

Hahahahahaha do it, Vince. The XFL, the NFL, and the WWE will all die and I will just laugh and laugh and laugh until my heart stops.

King of sports, baby.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I woke up in such a foul mood, and this news is so great that it has managed to pierce through the veil of frustration and anger to start my day. Congrats Vince, your fuckups are stronger than my family drama.

Colin Kaepernick is the most important athlete of my lifetime.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I wonder if this is part of the long con by the Trump administration to destroy the NFL.

Float the idea of the XFL, make sure it fails, say that the NFL is an anti-competitive monopoly and break it up

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Adun posted:

I wonder if this is part of the long con by the Trump administration to destroy the NFL.

Float the idea of the XFL, make sure it fails, say that the NFL is an anti-competitive monopoly and break it up

That is making a big assumption that he has a long term plan.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Adun posted:

Thats way too many steps for a Trump plan. Typically he just says something and waits for it to happen. Like if he eanted the NFL gone he'd declare it illegal on Twitter and then wait for the police to show up at games on Sunday and arrest everyone.

So a 2nd XFL is stupid as poo poo. Unless they put a team in Hartford or Providence for some reason, in which case I wholeheartedly support it and gently caress the haters.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/942070636956053504

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Adun posted:

because that worked so well with the USFL

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Adun posted:

I am excited for Vince McMahon to win his very own dollar in the lawsuit.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
gently caress it. Just change the Pro Bowl game to use XFL rules.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
This is going to loving own.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please happen

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

JeffBrohm.wmv

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
You asked and so you shall receive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTJkFi06LFk

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a simpler, dumber time

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

this guy is one of the best up and coming coaches in football btw

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If the xfl manages to take all the put em dresses, I don't kneel types from the NFL than I will consider this a success

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Hot drat that owns

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Imagine every QB being as bad as Brock Osweiler. That's gonna be this league.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

i have never seen this until this very moment, and instantly it is one of the best things i've seen in my entire life.

let's play football, bitches

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Look if people WANT to come out and see people spear giraffes for sport, and we can make money off it?"

Belbos Computer
Nov 20, 2005

Fiat Lux, Big Bang, seven days, seven minutes, seven seconds, and a universe is born before your eyes.
Slippery Tilde
Les Miles might get a job coaching johnny football next year?! I'm in.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How long until one of McMahon's athletes suffers repeated concussions and does some wild poo poo like murder his wife and son?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Legit excited.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

a new study bible! posted:

How long until one of McMahon's athletes suffers repeated concussions and does some wild poo poo like murder his wife and son?

10 years ago.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Edward Mass posted:

10 years ago.

he said athlete

*epic wrestler burn*

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

seiferguy posted:

Imagine every QB being as bad as Brock Osweiler. That's gonna be this league.

Brock can make an NFL roster. This was/is an entire league of guys who cant.

It's a league of people who look up to Brock Osweiler's skill

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Did the original XFL even finish its first season? I honestly can't remember.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Fenrir posted:

A kicker won the "Million Dollar Game" MVP

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Fenrir posted:

It did, and then folded immediately afterwards. Judging by the TV broadcast, 17 seconds afterwards.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Big Beef City posted:

"Look if people WANT to come out and see people spear giraffes for sport, and we can make money off it?"

I'm fine with this as long as Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out for the inaugural event and yells to the crowd "who's ready to crack open a couple of longnecks!?"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fenrir posted:

By the end of it coaches had realized how bad most of their players were and gotten incredibly conservative.

Every game was like John fox playing against himself. It was unwatchable.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Athanatos posted:

It's a league of people who look up to Brock Osweiler's skill

:allears: 24/7 clownball

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Excited for the return of the Memphis Maniax

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If it can get the hard core NASCAR Trump demo it can beat the one share that doomed it. If you don't have any money then player lawsuits mean nothing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder which cable channel this'll be buried on

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

GobiasIndustries posted:

:allears: 24/7 clownball

Nah, everything was a run up the middle for 2 and a half yards. It was so drat dull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I thought someone was playing a prank on me. Did Vince catch Donkey Brians off Trump?

What free to air channel is going to want to touch this with a 10 ft poll? It has to be on a free channel otherwise it won't get enough ad revenue to survive and they won't get high enough audience on a pay channel