Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

no oil production though so... lol

still, i await the US' humiliating defeat and Ivanka Kim taking over as supreme ruler after her husband Jong Un dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
iranian women skaters are gonna pull sick grinds in the name of liberation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0F2DVGFqs

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lastgirl posted:

360 shia flip

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

simultaneously the hottest and nerdiest thing i have ever seen

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

i do not believe the US will actively be involved in any wars for the next ten years at least

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/944962893904252928

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fake news

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

how can anyone have anything against such a people?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

but are the US armed forces ever not in the midst of preparing for a devastating global conflict

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

but are the US armed forces ever not in the midst of preparing for a devastating global conflict

american armed forces are actually always preparing for ww3 but simultaneously are completely unprepared and overconfident when it comes to fighting one

tower time
Jul 30, 2008

We have the best soldiers, equipment, and training provided we never have to use them in combat or occupation

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I now understand Felix's desire to imigrate to Iran

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

iranians are among the hottest peoples of the world, and for that reason alone we must make allies of them and enemies of the corpulent saudis

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the true aryan superhumans

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Iran is actually big and somewhat fuel secure, I think they're a stronger country than America has invaded since Nazi Germany?

NK has nukes but is just the kind of ragged pauper state America likes to kick around, fail to occupy then leave worse than before.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

thats not to say the US won't go after Iran, it'll just continue to try and set neighbouring countries on it and coup it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This administration would probably try to do something supremely moronic like "de-Juchefication" because nobody ever faces justice or learns a lesson in this hellworld country.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

dont doxx me

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

this to me says Iran. Marines loving hate Iran

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

A Typical Goon posted:

this to me says Iran. Marines loving hate Iran

They killed some folks

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This administration would probably try to do something supremely moronic like "de-Juchefication" because nobody ever faces justice or learns a lesson in this hellworld country.

Maybe we can put Jeb! in charge of NK

I feel like he would enjoy the military parades with his picture everywhere :kiddo:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

prolly be easier than debaathification since juche is such an incoherent ideology that basically benefits nobody, whereas at least saddams state had deep patronage networks and the veneer of secular Arab nationalism to occlude more meaningful political relationships that don't exist in NK, like tribal and ethnic lines

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

easier in a vacuum because of course the notion that we could occupy and rebuild North Korea is completely insane

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frog Act posted:

prolly be easier than debaathification since juche is such an incoherent ideology that basically benefits nobody, whereas at least saddams state had deep patronage networks and the veneer of secular Arab nationalism to occlude more meaningful political relationships that don't exist in NK, like tribal and ethnic lines

absolutely everything short of a semi legal market stall is run by the state. overthrowing the government would mean destroying the entire country and rebuilding it from scratch. everybody with a job in North Korea gets their paycheck from the state. way more people in NK depend on the Workers' Party than they ever did on the Ba'ath in Iraq.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

absolutely everything short of a semi legal market stall is run by the state. overthrowing the government would mean destroying the entire country and rebuilding it from scratch. everybody with a job in North Korea gets their paycheck from the state. way more people in NK depend on the Workers' Party than they ever did on the Ba'ath in Iraq.

Cool lets do this. I want to watch the carnage as the US humiliates itself in the worse way possible. In all seriousness I hate us and feel really bad for all the people who will suffer as a result of our collective stupidity.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
the usa doesn't give a poo poo about the north korean people, only china and old south koreans care about them

what the usa cares about is the mortars pointed at seoul. if the commanders were destroyed, would those soldiers fire their weapons regardless? how would they even receive the order if communications were taken out?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

DELETE CASCADE posted:

the usa doesn't give a poo poo about the north korean people, only china and old south koreans care about them

what the usa cares about is the mortars pointed at seoul. if the commanders were destroyed, would those soldiers fire their weapons regardless? how would they even receive the order if communications were taken out?

and how exactly are communications being taken out again? If we’re doing magical thinking might as well just wish that the war ended 50 years ago

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

DELETE CASCADE posted:

if the commanders were destroyed, would those soldiers fire their weapons regardless? how would they even receive the order if communications were taken out?

probably and phone lines are faster than bombers

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

A Typical Goon posted:

and how exactly are communications being taken out again? If we’re doing magical thinking might as well just wish that the war ended 50 years ago

Mind control experiments were a lot more successful than anyone gave credit for.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Iran is a country of mountains, deserts and some forests with a population of 80 million people who have ample reason to be pissed at the US already. Invading Iran would be a total bloodbath and would likely break the US military completely.

So basically we can pretty much expect Trump to do it.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Where would we even launch an invasion of Iran from? Turkey isn't going to let us stage inside their borders just like they didn't with the Iraq War.

Doing it from Saudi Arabia means having to cross the Persian Gulf because Iraq is not going to let us move or station a ton of troops in it because it would spark another civil war in addition to the Iranian-proxy militias that could strike US forces within Iraq.

Not going to do it from Afghanistan because supplying the forces there is already logistically challenging to supply on it's own.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

It's essentially going to mean we invade Iraq again

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Death to America and all members of the US military

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

paul_soccer10 posted:

Death to America and all members of the US military

Including myself when I get drafted

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

fart

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/JasonStarrBooks/status/942007646093303808

quote:

China is quietly building a network of refugee camps along its 880-mile (1,416km) border with North Korea as it braces for the human exodus that a conflict or the potentially messy collapse of Kim Jong-un’s regime might unleash.

The existence of plans for the camps, first reported in English by the Financial Times last week, emerged in an apparently leaked internal document from a state-run telecoms giant that appears to have been tasked with providing them with internet services.

I wonder why the Chinese leadership feels the need for this.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Iran is actually big and somewhat fuel secure
They import a lot of fuel.

It's a huge oil and gas producer, but refining hasn't really come on at the same speed, especially since they've been under sanctions for so long. I guess in part it might also be that if there was a ready refining capacity they'd have been invaded already by any number of people who'd want that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonStarrBooks/status/942007646093303808

I wonder why the Chinese leadership feels the need for this.

to a certain degree it's just sensible preventative infrastructure development. poo poo's gonna happen at some point, it's a question of when.