Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Edea Mater

Edea mater thought it rather annoying. She tried to avoid these face to face matters. Being surrounded by all of these useless born-rich parasites makes it that much harder to hide her contempt for them.She'd grown somewhat accustomed to it, but it still took some effort.

"I think you've picked the right time. The current administration is very eager to see more jobs created. I don't expect the EPA to do more than a perfunctionary check."

That's Cruelty there. He's big in the media these days A lot of communication. We don't really intersect all that much.

"I'll take precautions of course. I wouldn't want you to have to suffer another PR nightmare. But I should be able to remain within the normal budgetary limits."

And there is Beauty, showing off the latest from her clothing line. Not very original for her to go into fashion and modeling, but she seems to do well enough at least.

"We're looking into some cutting edge technology that should cut months of the construction time. Automotization should reduce the chance of human error causing any harm."

And that music. I know that song and, yes, that is one of the Muses playing the piano there. Which probably means that the CEO of Divine Records is here as well.

As far as gods go, she was actually a relatively little fish in this pond. Plenty of gods manage to find their niche in this human society, and get to the top. She supposed it satisfied them to rule over mankind, even if they had to pretend to be among them. If she played harder, if she had tried to keep the oil to themselves, maybe she could have gotten one of those 'top seats' herself. But that was never what she was about. Of course, it meant that those gods might very well object to her projects. Preferring to live as a king in this luxurious world, rather than a god in the wilderness.

"Ms. Mater?"

Why are so many of them here today? Considering the high levels they're working on, it's not that unusual for them to cross paths, but is this a scheme of someone? Or is Fate perhaps spinning something. Not to mention her powers that are returning."

"Ms. Mater?"

She blinked. She'd gotten distracted. She chided herself silently and put a finger at the side of her head. "I'm sorry Mr Chandler. I was...." She looked for an excuse. "just wondering about the figure there. Is he some kind of new IT-CEO that's flaunting his status?"

She looked at the slovenly figure that is currently interfering with... oh dear.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Edea Mater

"Hah, well, I suspect that in the future, people will become very aware that if you don't work, you don't eat, and there's no such thing as a free lunch." She says with some smile in her voice. Putting some hints of truth in with made the bullshit flow out easier.

"It seems our little party-crasher has managed to get Savage's full attention. Not really a blessing. I've had some dealings with the man. His family name suits him well. He definitely plays hardball. She looked at the man that Savage had been talking to before. "I'm not familiar with the bearded gentleman who Mr. Savage was talking to. Platinum Coast origin I believe? I've done quite a bit of work there myself, but I don't think I'm familiar with him."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

"Ah, it looks like he is getting out of that particular little spat. Do you mind if I briefly make an acquaintance? I will have some estimates in your mailbox by Tuesday morning. " She politely disengaged from the conversation. She had most of the details needed. And to be honest, the Enronn man was really, really dull.

Now she wondered what Cruelty had been so interested in with the Bearded Platinum coast man. She noticed he'd scoped her out too. She nodded at the bartender. "Some Helladian wine if you have it." She looked at the bearded man. "That was quite a scene there. I don't believe we've met. Edea Mater, CEO of Mater mining."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

"Aaah, Novus Fortuna. I did see that name poking out all over the place. Well, good to meet you. And I'm afraid I also missed out on that one. Between us, I think it was a bit of a family arrangement there. Shame, but we've managed to find work elsewhere. The advantage of specialization is that within your own area, you do get a reputation."

She nods at the mention of the split issue. "Aaah, I read something about that. Hah, be careful with that. Mr. Savage and I have had some dealings in the past, and he's not a good man to make an enemy of. A terribly creative mind at times. Fortunately, we're in different branches, so I don't tend to get in his way. As to the protesters, it's quite refreshing to have someone else be the target. I'm afraid I have to deal with them on a somewhat regular basis."

"And yes, the piano player is quite lovely. She used to be even better if you can believe it."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

"Oh no, nothing like that. She simply used to be adored. Musicians from all over looking to her for inspiration. She really drew energy out of that. But you know how people are. Fickle. Always looking for a fresh taste. Now she's here, trying to see if she can revive that magic, get the attention from them."

Edea shakes her head. "It's sad, but there's a lesson to be learned. You cannot expect people to remain with you. If you want to be relevant, you need to take the initiative. Either you change yourself, or you change the world. I know which one I've picked."

She mostly talked like that to think about what to do with the centuries thing. "As to his remarks, hm, well, it wouldn't be polite for me to speculate. Did he say anything else out of the orginary?" Was Cruelty just giving away the game here to this guy to intimidate him into a business deal? That was not really his style, usually.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Dec 18, 2017

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

"Be careful with letting what people think determine your actions. It can become a habit. Before you know it, for all your power, you are dancing to the tune of the masses.But of course, going against them has its price as well." She sighs. "Follow and you are just a follower, go your own path and you are alone and weak. Tale as old as time, isn't it?"

She looked him over, as if trying to spot something. "He used those words on you? Hm. Tell me, besides this party, how have your last weeks and months been? Have you felt more... in sync with the world before? In a way that you didn't get used to?" She took a sip of wine. "I should probably be wary about talking, if he wants to tell you about what I suspect. He'll be quite annoyed if I ruin his surprise. And it's not what I need really."

She was thoughtful about his choice. "Now, he's powerful. In many ways. To go along with him might be easier. It depends on you I suppose. If I might ask a... bold question, Mr. al-Masayir. What do you stand for? Not in a vague 'we all share the same values' kind of way. When the chips are down, what matters? Before you decide what to do about his offer, you should answer that question. Not to me, though I am ravenously curious, but mostly for yourself."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

She noticed he didn't reply. Which was a good sign. Perhpas. Would he be a possible ally? Still, it had been a long time since new gods appeared. What could this mean? Perhaps she should consider moving forward the time table.

Then someone else came. Who was that... oh, yes, the slovenly dressed man and... ah, yes, she wasn't sure, but now she could definitely feel it. No wonder Cruelty had taken such an interest. She took a sip of wine and nodded at the man.

"He is a dangerous enemy to make. A troublesome friend to have. He and I have been at times admirers of each other's work, but these days I think he feels mine is less relevant." She looked at Milton, and pondered. "Beyond your name, could you perhaps tell me, and this is an actual question, not a slight or insult. Do you know what you are doing?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

"I see." She said. "The likes of us can be fickle sometimes" She wondered whether she should tell them. It might get some amount of gratitude, though Cruelty might take offence. Then again, he would likely have other people to be angry right now.

"Now, before you joined us, mr. Milton." She said, cheerfully ignoring his requests for familiarity. "I asked mr. Al Masayir a question. Two questions actually, but one should be easier to answer, and more... prosaic. Have any of you gentlemen felt more in sync with the world? Like certain parts of it just... resonate with you? I don't exactly know how it would feel for someone who hasn't always felt it, so I can't quite... describe how it feels. Simply how I imagine a broadening of perspectives to feel."

She took another sip of wine. "Or feel free to consider that I'm just a CEO with a tendency to go on slightly esoteric rants after a glass of wine. But I assure you, I'm not trying to convert you to any religion. or ''new lifestyle'."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater

Edea laughs at that, covering her mouth as she takes some time to regain her composure. "A cure? Hah... I eh... I've never really considered that. I don't think anyone ever really looked for it. It is possible that if you ignore it long enough, it would go away? I've never heard of that, but then, who would know? Perhaps hunderds of people have these 'moments' every day and just ignore it until it goes away? I don't really understand how people can... catch it, really. I'm curious to know how it happens. Did something happen recently before you started noticing it?" She smiles. "I've had this since always. I used to have a much more... pronounced version as well. I cannot quite imagine life without it."

She ponders, then looks at him. "Now, if you wish to understand it more, what I recommend is this. First, follow your instincts, try to not simply understand what you see, but influence it. Just a bit. And if that works, what I would recommend to do, is to find someone you feel you can do a favour with that. Not a close friend I would say. Just someone you think is deserving. And make sure they realize that it is you doing that. For them." She looked at him. "I wonder how it would feel for you. I wouldn't do it now though. Not after all these drinks. But tomorrow, I recommend you do it. Someone caught your scent, and others will soon too. There's a whole new rat race you just entered in, Mr. al-Masayir, and there's some rats that are quite bigger than you or I, and you should get your bearings."

She took a business card, crisp and professional. "Have my personal number. I'll try to make sure to keep my schedule as flexible as possible the coming days. I believe this can be educational and profitable for the both of us. And beware Mr. Savage. Among us 'rats', he's quite the big and nasty one. And, the scruffy one, he's one too, though I don't know him. Not quite sure how long he's been in the race. I'd chide him for being vague and cryptic, but that'd be terrible hypocrisy."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

Edea was on her way to her office in the city. A small, basement floor thing. Neat and spacious, but a bit of an anomaly, when usually, high powered CEO's preferred the views high up. She had just driven her large SUV (every little bit helps) to the parking garage when the drone found her. She was a bit wary, half wondering if Cruelty would somehow decide this was her fault anyway, but it was a message from Mr. Milton.

A dinner meeting? Well, that could be arranged. She quickly replied. "Thank you for the invitation. There is a small Helladic restaurant on 8th street. Quiet and discreet. And the food should be better than the, I must agree, sub-standard prawns at the party. Would 10 p.m. suit you? rsvp, so I can make arrangements."

She was curious. All these new faces. A possible threat? Or a possible opportunity?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Naturally. Please have a look at my own business card, so we can pretend you did not simply find out all the information you could about me anyway." She held out one of her cards for the camera, then went in to her office.

A quick call alter arranged a table in a seperate room of the restaurant. Edea often went there. She was always a hungry eater, and the food reminded her of old times. And of course, she trusted the owners as far as one could trust humankind. The place was small scale, an the right amount of class. High quality and expensive enough to not just be a glorified snack bar, but not ritzy enough to really get a ton of attention.

She is there at five minutes before ten, ordering a glass of water and some cheese while she waits for the enigmatic figure.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Good evening, Mr Milton. You are not wrong, though I do not have all the answers. In fact, I was hoping I might learn something in this meeting myself. It might help me ascertain what exactly is going on." She took another drink of water. "What exactly has been going on these last months? I assume that your abilities to have your behavior go... without response have been born out of this?"

She gave a smile. "And another question, if you will allow me some lack of tact, is about your parentage. Are you aware of your parents? Were there any particularities regarding your birth? I know this can be a touchy subject, but it might very well be very germane to the subject at hand."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Hm, no explanation there.. And it is since then you have gained the ability to make others not care about things. I do wonder..."

She takes another sip. "But you mentioned that your attention is a fickle thing, so I will be less that subtle about it, Wally. With the risk that you will not believe me. As far as I can understand and detect..."

"You are a god." As she sipped water, her eyes drank in his reaction, curious how that would be taken.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"I actually have no idea why you, or why now? You aren't the only one who's new to this at that party. I was actually hoping to find out something about it. Do you have any kind of fame or infamy in a way? Especially since the area where your abilities seem to focus. Indifference, sloth and apathy? Did anything occur in the days or weeks before? For mortals to become divine is a rare occurrence. And I wonder what it means that it happens now."

"As to clubs and certificates, you will not need a certificate. We can recognize each other. You'll learn in time. Consider for example what is different about me, or Mr. Savage. It's only fair to even the playing field and say that we are 'members' of this exclusive little club. Long-time members. Very long-time. Mr. Savage is not one to make an enemy off lightly. He is among the more powerful of us in these days, and I do not refer to his impressive stock-portfolio."

The server came by, and Edea ordered a platter in perfect Helladic. Once he'd gone she continued.

"And of course, there is the matter of worship. You'll find that the aspect of existence that you align with empowers you a bit. And so, you may strengthen your power. Yet not quite so much as worship. Mortals venerating you as a patron, dedicating part of their lives to you, or even their whole lives. Of course, in these days when mortals wield such power themselves, true religious awe is... not quite as easy to obtain in large amounts as it once was. But then, perhaps you are satisfied with simply laying low? Much has been said about the fickleness of gods towards mortals, but mortalkind is just as fickle. Still, power has always been a rather compelling argument."

"What kind of god would you like to be, Wally?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"That is something that HAS been done. Something like a Sin-Eater. But it is not an easy task that. Since you do not advance but rather deny your own... essence, you are working against yourself. Does who have managed, long ago, mostly used it in some kind of cycle. No, but you are thinking in the right directions. Are you familiar with the concept of propitiation? You demand worship. And if denied, you unleash what you have. In these days, there usually should be someone who feels they don't owe anything to anyone. I wouldn't do it against Atalanticomm or Novus Fortuna. Or for that matter 'Mater Mining'." She smiled. "And of course, in this day and age, there are plenty of people eager to curse their opponents. The challenge is of course finding people who believe without... having things get ugly."

"There's a reason we are not actually currently sitting on thrones and openly demanding worship. Mankind has... gotten far. They don't fancy kneeling as much anymore. They have grown powerful and proud, and in their pride, most of us have grown weaker. If you are too... unsubtle, well, the reactions might be unpleasant. And they'd mess things up for all of us. So do try to be smart."

He could work in her advantage. Mankind was starting to get really nervous, and there was only so much she could do to direct their attention away from the looming environmental collapse. Some indifference and apathy would actually be very welcome now. And idea erupted.

"In fact, I have a proposal for you. I think I've been helpful, and there might be a target I would actually very much like to... take things a bit easier. There is a company called Energy 4 2morrow. They seem to be hard at work on all kinds of Energy alternatives. Solar and Wind for the most part. It's... harmful to my interests. Do you think you could strut your stuff at them a bit?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"It is difficult for me to know how your powers feel. I would say to exert your will on someone or something, but in your case that might be the opposite effect. Perhaps you simply need to be there, and just... be yourself." She was briefly quiet as the meal was delivered and started to eat. "But I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. It'll be as easy as breathing soon."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

Up until now, Edea had seemed like she could not be bothered by anything, ever, but those last remark cuased her fork to stop midway to her mouth , those fingers tensing slightly. It was but a moment, and perhaps easily missed. "I... would allow you to seek to attempt this on my workers. Make them more dilligent by draining their indifference. Even if I cannot say seeing rituals to another god done in a place that belongs to me would be... vexing. But let me give you this advice as well. The role for someone to spread the word of a god in that god's name is that of a priest or prophet. To suggest another god serve as your priest of prophet is something that many would take as a deep insult, an utter humiliation simply for suggesting it. You are young, and you could not know. But suffice to say, I will not spread your word myself, nor would I ever expect you to spread mine. It is... degrading to the likes of us."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Agreeable." Edea said, once more going at her meal. Owing favours didn't have to be a bad thing. It gave Wally reason to keep in touch, and if he kept in touch, she could learn things. "And the future can be uncertain. You never know. I'd be careful with Mr. Savage though. He is more powerful than most, more powerful than me. For your sake, I hope you managed to make him indifferent to you sufficiently that he forgot you."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

Edea Mater politely ended the meeting, finished her meal, and retreated. She thought a lot about things. Several new gods. So close to humanity finally having the wax melt of their finely crafted wings. She had to be ready. If they were going to be a help, she would have to make sure to have people ready for the new world and worshiping her. If they would be hostile to her, then she needed them to gain power. Unlike many others, she hadn't really focused that much on gathering human flocks. Ironically, a lot of the people who did give her drops of worship were the same people who cursed her mortal name. Literally trying to curse her. But no, she wasn't one to cultivate a cozy little cult and get comfortable in her reduced role. Hunger would drive her forward, while others were planting little gardens to sustain a new humble lifestyle, she was preparing the soil for a feast not seen in century.

But now that the soil was nearly ready, she needed to actually plant some seeds. So she went to her office, looking over the internet and purchasing a small lodge in a certain mountainous area of the country. On a persona ldeed. Untied to the company. Before that, she had to actually finish some duties. To be honest, she wasn't 100% sure the oil platform would be made in time to really aid in anything. It would take a fair amount of time to be done, but you never know, and it wouldn't do to trash her reputation. So, she spent time designing some new oil platforms.

They included 'new, modern safety measures to 100% guarantee a safe and environmentally conscious extraction of the oil, for sustainable growth for tomorrow' and all those things she had the PR department for. And you know, they would probably actually do those things. After all, she was fine with the oil being taken out and going into cars and into the air rather than in the sea. She wanted those oil prices good and low. She'd actually been really irritated at the earlier disasters. So the systems were well crafted, and secure. Another company might cut corners to make a profit, but profit was never the intent of Mater Mining.

Of course, there was the matter that the place was run to work suitably automated and mechanized. After all, human error was responsible for so much calamity. 'With cutting edge techniques, Mater Mining reacts accurately within microseconds to any natural or man made disaster, faster than any time before' And of course, it meant less workers on the platform, which saved on costs. The humans that were there wouldn't need to know much of a lot of the things. They mostly needed to understand the software, and to keep the electronics hardware functioning. Manual overrides were cut out wherever possible, or made difficult and complicated to access, and she made a note to slip some errors in the manual for it, once this was finished. Who'd ever need them, with the software taking care of everything.

Of course, when things would start to fall apart. When these computers and their systems would break down, as electronics so often did, and there would be replacements, this place would soon stop working. It was another part of her plan. Once the collapse started, it was important that it collapsed completely and thoroughly. The oil that she had so eagerly given had to be near impossible to get, lest humanity managed to manage to craft something else and hold onto civilization.

Of course, this design wasn't completely done by her. She did not work this alone. Some parts were delegated to others. Not the drills though, the parts that would actually go under the earth and tear in it to find the black gold underneath. No, those she designed herself. They always amazed people, how each of the drills was custom made for its purpose. There had been seismic scans of course, and soil reports, but it was like Edea Mater just had a knack for knowing exactly what kind of ground they'd break through. Now and then she had drills made that geologists claimed would not work, only to be vindicated. Other times, she insisted on expensive measures to go through harder rock for an area that was expected to be soft, only for hard bedrock to grudgingly yield to diamond studded force. Now, working on her laptop, this is where the magic happened. She still knew the earth, even under the sea, and she could pick the right drill for the job as easy as a child places the square peg in the square hole.

Gonna design that Oil platform. Gonna make it a good one, with no intent to cause oil disasters, but just trying to get that crude oil to those refineries. However, they are made to become pretty much defunct after a short while in case that society collapses. But that's not gonna happen right? Earth +2 and Engineering +4

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

With those responsibilities secured, Edea started on another project, taking a holiday and having her assistants handle everything except dire emergencies. She'd have to check up on everything of course, to make sure none of them started cutting corners to enrich themselves. But that would come then. For now, she'd bought that lodge she had an eye on, keeping careful to keep it off the grid as much as possible. Not that she intended to do anything hidden there, but the role she was to play demanded she act like she had.

She took a plain there, booked a cheap hotel somewhere out of town, and transformed herself. Not in divine ways. Simpy shedding the pantsuit, 50 $ haircut, understated make-up and clip on nails of Edea Mater, and putting on the sensible flat-heeled boots, all weather, practical clothing and a pragmatical bun in her hair. Her car was still an SUV, but an older model, one that had seen actual work. In the back were seeds, fertilizer, garden and hunting equipment and food supplies. After checking herself in the mirror for any tell-tale marks of CEO Edea Mater and not finding any, she drove off, taking an hours long trip to the furthest out in the boonies you can be without being in an actual desert.

The lodge was a small thing. No central heating, no electricity except from a generator on the inside, no cell-phone reception, water from a well, and waste into an old septic tank. She spent some time getting it all in order, getting into the role of Althea Mehter, survivalist. Once she had sufficiently unpacked, she stepped in the car. Time to see if she could prepare a harvest. Survivalists were generally not the most eager to put themselves out there for obvious reasons. But they had their communities. And the person she was heading towards was apparently an influential figure in their circles.

So, gonna try to find some survivalist, see if we can make that a cult, and probably some chosen to get Edea's support in the times to come. But I figure I'd let you decide what kind of person this survivalist is and how they run their operation

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"An impressive set-up you got here, Mr Wrainwright." She says, though she speaks with a less formal diction then in her Edea Persona. "As to how I found ya, I was making some purchases for my own little arrangement, and people assumed." She shrugged. "Figured I should be a bit neighbourly."

"As to what brought me here? You ever play Jenga? Where you keep pulling pieces from the bottom to make the tower higher? Kinda getting that vibe from things. And a lot of people are trying to get to the top of that tower." she smiled wryly. "I figure I should try to have somewhere else to go when it comes crashing down." She looked around. "Kind of admit, feel like a bit of a well-meaning amateur compared to what you've got here. anything less than Ground Zero of a Mushroom, and you're probably good to go, safely in the earth's embrace."

"Bit of an engineer, so it's good to see some pro work. Especially the farms. I'm from Iohai corn farmer stock, so still got an appreciation for it. Gonna get back to my roots. And you know, literal roots." She smiles faintly at the lame joke. "So, who is this for? Extended family, prepared guest list or are you gonna figure out who to let in once poo poo goes down?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Hah, as you say. The Earth will endure long after all man's toys have become dust." She smile sadly. "Wasn't the original plan. Bought myself a little lodge, drove over here and was planning to get some farming done there. Not quite as protected, but I'm not quite as skilled as you. Still have some unfinished business near the Jenga Towers too I'm afraid, but you need to get your prep in early." She smiled. "But I wouldn't mind spending some time here, if it's alright wit you. It feels safe here... safe and calm. And please, just call me Althea."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

"Of course, of course. Don't want this news getting out. When things start falling apart, it's gonna get really ugly, real quick after all." She said. "When I'm home, you're of course welcome too. I've got some unfinished business that I can't walk away form yet, so I won't be here always."

She'd take it easy, would talk to the guy about structural integrity and water recycling and all the possible ways this world was going to hell. The next step she'd wait until they had a meal together of some time. Then she would carefully gather a full fork with some of all the food, and put it in a small box she took filled with earth, closing her eyes as she put it in, then closing the box.

"Hope you don't mind. It's a tradition my gramma taught me. Always give the first bite of food of a meal to the earth who fed you."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

The seed was planted. Now she was content to let him do the preaching himself. When humanity's works fell, the ground would turn fertile soon enough. She did not wish to focus too much of her time courting mortals favor. For now, it was time for Edea Mater to look after her business. And so Althea Mehter went to attend some family business, but promised to be back as soon as she could, and Edea Mater returned from a well-earned vacation.

Good news awaited her. Wally had seen to his part of the deal. Energy 4 2Morrow had fallen from grace hard. Not only would their own work wither on the vine, but the whole vineyard was likely to be considered infected with the same blight. Alternative energy's reputation would suffer, and she idly sent some suggestions to friendly energy ceo's to take advantage of this with marketing campaigns painting miners and oil drillers as dilligent, blue collared, hard workers compared to the pie in the sky lazeabout dreamers and snake oil salesmen that were those in new energies. Honestly, they probably could come up with the ideas themselves, but it never hurt to make sure human civilization didn't manage a last second save.

A message was sent to Wally. "I have seen your work. It was all I hoped for. I owe you a favor."

She read through the reports, most of which seemed perfectly alright. Nothing from Nova Fortuna yet, but she'd let him discover things at his own pace. Then she noticed a few of the new facilities she was seting up in a far off country had been gravely set back by the rising political turmoil. Might be good to check up on it. Anything that drove up the price of oil drove people to alternative solutions, and she couldn't have that.

Gonna go to a country in civil strife with lots of oil, posisbly the one Verränderung is currently in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Edea Mater FP=0

Edea got an idea. "Perhaps I should speak with this man that might be connected with the rebels. After all, these rebels might win, and if they do, we would want the oil to keep flowing."

• Locked thread