Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who u got??
This poll is closed.
Robbie Lawler 14 63.64%
Rafael Dos Anjos 8 36.36%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Xerzes posted:

Watching the end of that tells me I haven't watched enough MMA. I do not know how to analyze the things Bofando was doing wrong. He was laying there getting punched.

Kicking your legs up from mount to try to try to tangle up the other guy's arms doesn't work at all and I didn't know people still try to even do it. The best defense in mount is honestly to just flip onto your stomach and try to defend the ensuing rear naked choke attempt as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Galore Defendo

Ahahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Stealth Tiger posted:

The best defense in mount is honestly to just flip onto your stomach and try to defend the ensuing rear naked choke attempt as long as possible.

no it is not

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Stealth Tiger posted:

Kicking your legs up from mount to try to try to tangle up the other guy's arms doesn't work at all and I didn't know people still try to even do it. The best defense in mount is honestly to just flip onto your stomach and try to defend the ensuing rear naked choke attempt as long as possible.

being belly down while someone has their hooks in is literally the worst spot you can be in

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Eh yeah belly down is the worst. I was thinking more of just backpack or when a guy has his legs figure four'd around the other dude

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Not like, full face and belly down

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
is dc getting way worse at commentating or am i just actually listening to him today?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh poo poo i've missed a bunch of fights.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Can we add a poll to this thread about just how bad "The Cuban Missile Crisis" is as a nickname?

e. I was away from the TV when the other guy got introduced, and I feel like "The Dentist" is also a strong contender for awfulest nickname

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 17, 2017

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Stealth Tiger posted:

Can we add a poll to this thread about just how bad "The Cuban Missile Crisis" is as a nickname?

it's good for a fighter with threatening power that sits tentatively and doesn't do anything

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

is dc getting way worse at commentating or am i just actually listening to him today?

This is the 3rd commentary of his in a row in which he's expressed his disbelief at live UFC audiences and their consistently dumb reactions to things despite being the LHW champ and having a ton of UFC fights.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Marching Powder posted:

I love Daniel more than I love my own dad and I still sometimes have to mute the TV

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This is a really cool trashweight fight at middleweight.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
This is the least technical fight I've seen in ages. fun though.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Anything from the prelims I should catch up on before the main card starts?

mewse posted:

This is a UFC on FOX card not a PPV so I don't think streams are verboten but I'm not sure the current rules. Fight pass prelims start at 4:30 Eastern, followed by prelims beginning at 5 Eastern.

Streams are fine for UFC on Fox shows.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
fun fight

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

both corners: dont brawl

immediately brawling

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
That was some sloppy fun.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat good night of fights so far!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that was dumb lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
goddamn that had FOTN potential

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Stewart is tough as hell

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

woozy pawsies posted:

both corners: dont brawl

immediately brawling

that;s why they're heroes

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Sheriff Hopper from Stranger Things needs to work on his cardio. But fun fight.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

lol beardoff

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

threeagainstfour posted:

This is the 3rd commentary of his in a row in which he's expressed his disbelief at live UFC audiences and their consistently dumb reactions to things despite being the LHW champ and having a ton of UFC fights.

he was pretty funny earlier when he was talking about the head kick in Nordine's finisher and said something like "not that I should be talking about head kick defense..."

mewse
May 2, 2006

ccubed posted:

Sheriff Hopper from Stranger Things needs to work on his cardio. But fun fight.

I think it's a bad sign when it looks like a heavyweight 2 man gas fight but it's at 185

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
This guy owns.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Woodley's beard is pretty legit

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

handsome only face posted:

it's good for a fighter with threatening power that sits tentatively and doesn't do anything

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Haha he's down too :)

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

man if Marquez is any good he's gonna be a star, dude has charisma

Jerusalem posted:

Haha he's down too :)

most I've liked Tyron in like 2 years

mewse
May 2, 2006

You can't win in this game with a beardoff. You have to beat the other guy off

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Anything from the prelims I should catch up on before the main card starts?

Streams are fine for UFC on Fox shows.

Mein/sliva

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Does the UFC hate Ricardo Lamas?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

Does the UFC hate Ricardo Lamas?

why do you ask?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

why do you ask?

Number three ranked fighter vs unranked opponent idk seems unfair

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

vaginal facsimile posted:

Number three ranked fighter vs unranked opponent idk seems unfair

His last fight was just beating the poo poo out of Jason Knight too, who was either unranked or super low ranked at the time. Seems weird he's not actually doing anything in the division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
seems like some fighters had to take the scenic route to the top .. souza, maia, ferguson holloway etc. i guess since they werent always as popular as other contenders? well, its a circus.

• Locked thread