Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Piell has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Jun 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

This is extremely unsettling

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
This thread has got a million times worse since it turned into chatbot logs. Please stop spamming the thread with the same poo poo

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
The ones with riders are great because it will quite often get a perfectly fine horse but a nightmare rider

Sometimes it all goes wrong

Piell has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Apr 2, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Some new Pokemon just dropped.
It's actually scary how some of these names would work well, like Maralorn, Snipinch and Craterus

Magikarp Eggs is brilliant, the only possible option for something worse than a magikarp

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Piell has a new favorite as of 04:52 on Nov 14, 2021

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Figured I would do a classic

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Phlegmish posted:

Seems about right

Ah, but see what the future holds!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Hempuli posted:

Yeah, fair point; I'm aware of that and should've used better wording there (and actually when watching the video I spent a bit of time looking at details to see if they'd "morph" in that way moving objects do when being hallucinated by an NN.

Have a markov-chained music festival lineup:

I very much like "I'm From A Mitch"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/1516091796689985539

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Best-Tasting Sandwich

quote:

This is a recipe for the best-tasting sandwich that exists.

Ingredients:

1. Two slices of bread
2. One slice of cheese
3. One slice of ham
4. One slice of tomato
5. One slice of cucumber
6. One tablespoon of mayonnaise
7. One tablespoon of mustard
8. One tablespoon of ketchup

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
3. Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
4. Meanwhile, assemble the rest of the sandwich ingredients on a plate.
5. Spread the mayonnaise, mustard, and ketchup on the slices of bread.
6. Add the cheese, ham, tomato, and cucumber.
7. Enjoy your sandwich!

Most disgusting sandwich (second try, "worst-tasting sandwich" got stuck endlessly listing slices of different animals)

quote:

This is a recipe for the most disgusting sandwich that exists.

Ingredients:

1 slice of bread
1 slice of cheese
1 slice of ham
1 slice of bologna
1 slice of salami
1 slice of pepperoni
1 slice of turkey
1 slice of roast beef
1 slice of corned beef
1 slice of pastrami
1 slice of turkey bacon
1 slice of beef jerky
1 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. of mustard
1 Tbsp. of ketchup
1 Tbsp. of BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp. of ranch dressing
1 Tbsp. of honey
1 Tbsp. of hot sauce

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast bread slice in oven.
3. Layer all ingredients on toast slice in the order listed.
4. Spread mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, ranch dressing, honey, and hot sauce on top of sandwich.
5. Enjoy your disgusting sandwich!

Piell has a new favorite as of 03:00 on Apr 25, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Zereth posted:

Man, the AIs have gotten too good, those sandwich recipes are, like. Things you could actually make, and not bizarre dada nonsense. I miss when they'd demand you use slices of milk or something.

To be fair one of the many ingredients things the "worst-tasting sandwich" asked for was a slice of skunk egg

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
I agree, cucumber is at best a waste of space that you could put good things

quote:

Some chumps think that cucumber is a good sandwich ingredient. This is wrong for five reasons

Cucumbers are too watery, and will make your sandwich soggy.
2. Cucumbers have a bland taste, and will not add any flavor to your sandwich.
3. Cucumbers are crunchy, and will make your sandwich difficult to bite into.
4. Cucumbers are slippery, and will make your sandwich hard to hold onto.
5. Cucumbers are green, and will make your sandwich look unappetizing.

Piell has a new favorite as of 16:24 on Apr 25, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

feedmyleg posted:

Some new wisdom just dropped:

The Law of Conserving Viles and the Caveman's Wish are very true

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1524184009940606977

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1524560931233181697
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1524563134035505154
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1524568128960749575
https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1524571757788766211

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

This is just Second Life

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
My sources say the death penalty, for espionage, being considered for @StevenKBannon. I am pro-life and take no pleasure in reporting this.

— Laura Ingraham (@IngrahamAngle) January 3, 2018

As The Daily Beast reported on Tuesday, Wolff’s book will also allege that Trump “has had a longtime affair with Ann Coulter, who has consoled him over the phone after Melania has gone to bed.”

Wolff’s book will reportedly also mention that, after the 2016 election, Trump’s three oldest children were “terrified” at the prospect of their father becoming president. The Daily Beast noted that Wolff will write, “Trump’s children had learned to live with their father’s dysfunction.”

The Daily Beast reported that Wolff’s book will also mention that Trump, “who had previously preferred as his entertainment to watch television in his room, now spent hours in the West Wing,” often watching old movies.

The book will reportedly claim Trump “had become obsessed with the movie Patton,” eventually having his own copy which he would watch “two, three, sometimes four times a week.” Wolff wrote that Trump would watch the film “late at night,” and would, “afterward, solicit people’s views on the general, whom he saw as an early version of himself: both short (five feet seven inches) and a general.”

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
covfefe,” I mean to say that is how much I wish I knew what “covfefe” was, is, or means. I am not entirely convinced I want to know the answer to it. I want to know what it means, but it feels like knowing the meaning of covfefe has a lot of unintended consequences.

Like covfefe, the question of what “covfefe” means feels like a lot of unintended consequences. When you look at the fact that the word “covfefe” was coined in real life by a guy named Donald Trump and you notice that the President isn’t actually using it anymore (for now), the whole question of what covfefe means has even more unintended consequences than just that one. But if Donald Trump isn’t the one to decide what covfefe means, it seems safe to assume that it means a lot of things that aren’t good.

Now covfefe has gotten its own Twitter account! The first Tweet on the account reads, “Coverage is now being prioritized over substance.” We could all agree that that isn’t a good thing. And on the other hand, maybe it isn’t a bad thing to cover covfefe. It’s a lot of different things. Like the old saying goes: you have to choose your words carefully. This feels like one of those times.

I would love to hear what you think the unintended consequences of covfefe mean, especially if you think I’m wrong. And then we can go on from there.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Chalmers: Well, Seymour, I made it, despite your directions.
Skinner: Ah, Superintendent Chalmers, welcome. I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon!
Chalmers: Yeah.
[Skinner runs to the kitchen, only to find his roast is burnt and gasps in horror]
Skinner: Oh, egads! My roast is ruined! But what if I were to
[He pulls out a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli]
Skinner: ...slap some ravioli on a plate?
[He does so and brings it out to Chalmers, who is horrified]
Chalmers: Is that...ravioli?
Skinner: Chef Boyardee's finest.
Chalmers: You actually think I would eat that swill?
Skinner: Well, I'm sure it's not that bad.
Chalmers: It is that bad! It's atrocious!
Skinner: But...my mother used to make it for me.
Chalmers: Your mother was a saint.
[Chalmers leaves in a huff]
Skinner: But...I put ketchup on i

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Brawnfire posted:

Gift ideas!

Okay

quote:

The best gift to give is love

There is no greater gift than love. Love is the most powerful force in the world and can overcome anything. It is the most selfless act someone can do, and it is always appreciated.

quote:

A decent gift to give is a gift card to a favourite restaurant or store.

Another option is a donation to a favourite charity in the person's name.

quote:

The worst gift to give is a jar of mayonnaise.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Did someone say pirate

quote:

A pirate walked into a bar with his ship’s steering wheel hanging off his pants. The bartender says, “Hey! What’s with the steering wheel?”

The pirate says, “Oh, I had an accident on the high seas. I’m just waiting for the doctor.”

The bartender says, “I hope you paid the doctor before he came in. That is the worst steering wheel I’ve ever seen. What a mess!”

The pirate says, “Haha! You’re a funny guy! I’ll have a beer!”

quote:

Q: How much did the pirate pay for his peg and hook?

A: $4500

Q: How many different types of tools does a pirate have?

A: 3: parrot sword, iron hook, cutlass

Q: What type of tools does the pirate use to steal?

A: His peg and hook

Q: Who is the pirate's boss?

A: Queen Anne, because pirates are not allowed to own a boss.

Q: What are the pirate's favorite foods?

A: Ice cream, chicken, and rum. (It tastes better than you think.)

Q: How does the pirate make it through the day?

A: By drinking rum. (Rum is good for the soul.)

quote:

Why don’t pirates shower before they walk the plank? You would think that having to walk out into the fresh air with one of the most disgusting substances known to man being ejected all over your body would bring back any desire for showering, but when did you last see a pirate do that anyway? It is true that there is only one type of pirate – a scruffy, dirty, stinking pirate. And the only time a pirate shaves is when he is on the way to a battle. The idea of a shower-loving, clean, fresh pirate is so far from reality that pirates are considered to be beyond our understanding, an anomaly, a freak of nature. I suppose they are. But as I have already mentioned, one of my favourite pirates, Captain Jack Sparrow, is anything but normal. It is difficult to reconcile his obsession with cleanliness, but then it is also difficult to believe that this man, who seems to have all his own worldly goods, and the vast sum of $1 million could easily be a common scallywag.

There is one feature of Jack’s life which clearly shows he does not fit into a scruffy, dirty, stinking pirates life style. One thing that is clear about Captain Jack Sparrow, is that he loves clean clothes. He wears the same two shirts, blue and red, for the duration of the entire film. He always has clean underclothes on, and his boots are kept gleaming clean. Jack Sparrow is a man of style, who takes pride in his appearance. I’m not talking about that stuffy, fancy-dress pirate look; instead he is the classic pirate, with his dirty hair, thick moustache, and beard. His whole life seems to revolve around being clean, and being stylish. Perhaps this is an image we have seen before. We have all seen the movie, perhaps you have seen it. There is a scene in the film where Captain Jack Sparrow wears a nice new red shirt with white, wide-legged trousers and a belt. It is the most stylish outfit that we have seen on a pirate in a long time. And as if to prove that he is a man of style and taste, the next time we see him he is completely naked. The same white-trousers style continues to be worn, but it is now teamed with a pair of dark trousers. In the first instance, the shirt is seen in an unbuttoned state with the top buttons undone, so this is most certainly an unbuttoned white shirt. In the second, we see Jack Sparrow fully clothed, wearing dark trousers. The fact that the Captain has to get up twice in one scene, to button and unbutton his shirt, is evidence enough that he has always been a man of style and taste, and he is still one. A pirate could never get dressed by themselves, and we already know that Jack is the sort of pirate who does everything himself. But it does not seem to be a problem for this man of style. If it were me, and I was in charge of getting my shirt on and off, the process would take two minutes at the very most. It really is a testament to his love for style that he is so concerned to get his shirt on and off quickly. Maybe we should be happy that he has such a fastidious character, because he spends so much time getting his clothes to look nice. In fact, the fact that he gets his clothes to look good is the way that we know that he is clean, because there is no reason that a man who takes so much pride in his clothes would be so untidy.

All of these observations, of course, should not be taken to mean that Jack Sparrow is actually clean. I will now reveal the secret of his obsession with cleanliness. Jack Sparrow is a real live mermaid. He doesn’t have a tail, but what he does have is a body that comes out of the sea. He swims, because he cannot walk on land, and when he swims, he has no body odour. He cannot bathe, for the same reason that we cannot bathe, but I suppose he could get rid of the muck in his hair if he wanted to. It is obvious that he does not want to, or perhaps he simply does not have a means to. But no matter, his clean hair and clean clothes and his nice white shirt and trousers are his compensation for not being able to bathe.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
nothing to see here, just normal frasier

Normal Frasier likes to drink wine
There is nothing unusual about this. Many people enjoy drinking wine.

Normal Frasier likes to drink his tea with milk and sugar
Normal Frasier would probably put milk and sugar in his tea.

Normal Frasier likes to play tennis
Yes

Normal Frasier likes to drink a glass of milk with dinner.
There is nothing abnormal about this.

Piell has a new favorite as of 23:57 on May 27, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Write Harry Potter but Harry Potter is replaced by Gritty

quote:

Gritty Potter was a young wizard who grew up on the mean streets of London. He was never quite sure where his next meal would come from, or if he would even have a place to sleep at night. But he did know one thing: he was magic.

Gritty was never quite sure how he came to be a wizard. He just knew that one day he could do things that other people couldn't. He started out small, making things move with his mind or light on fire with a flick of his wrist. But as he got older, his powers grew.

He could make people do what he wanted, and no one could stop him. He was the most powerful wizard in the world, and he loved it.

But then one day, Gritty Potter went too far. He used his powers to hurt people, and they began to fear him. The wizarding community turned on him, and he was forced to go into hiding.

Now, Gritty Potter is a dark wizard, wanted by the wizarding world. He's on the run, and he'll do whatever it takes to stay alive. He's not the hero they want, but he's the hero they need.

Write The Lord of the Rings but Frodo is replaced by Gritty

quote:

The Lord of the Rings: Gritty Edition

Prologue

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Chapter 1: A Long-Expected Party

Gritty was not looking forward to his birthday party. He knew that all his friends would be there, and they would all be making fun of him. He was the only one who didn't have a Ring of Power, and they never let him forget it.

But when he arrived at the party, he was surprised to see that Frodo was there. Frodo was the ring-bearer, and he was supposed to be on his way to Mordor. What was he doing here?

Gritty soon found out that Frodo was in possession of a powerful Ring, and that he was being pursued by the Dark Lord Sauron. Sauron wanted the Ring so that he could enslave all the peoples of Middle-earth.

Frodo asked Gritty to take the Ring and destroy it, so that Sauron could never get his hands on it. Gritty agreed, and the two of them set off on their quest.

Chapter 2: The Shadow of the Past

Gritty and Frodo made their way to the city of Minas Tirith, where they hoped to find help in destroying the Ring. But the city was under siege by Sauron's forces, and they were forced to flee.

As they were escaping, they were attacked by a group of Orcs. Frodo was wounded in the fight, and Gritty had to carry him to safety.

Chapter 3: Three's Company

Gritty and Frodo were joined by a Hobbit named Samwise Gamgee, who had also been on the quest to destroy the Ring. The three of them continued their journey, heading towards Mordor.

Chapter 4: The Ring Goes South

The three Hobbit companions were captured by Orcs, but they were rescued by a company of Elves. The Elf-lord, Elrond, decided that the Ring should be destroyed in the volcanic mountain of Mount Doom, where it had been forged.

Chapter 5: The Breaking of the Fellowship

The Fellowship of the Ring was formed to help Frodo destroy the Ring. But as they were making their way to Mount Doom, they were attacked by Orcs and Sauron's forces.

In the ensuing battle, Frodo was separated from the rest of the group. Gritty and Samwise decided to go after him, while the rest of the Fellowship continued on to Mordor.

Chapter 6: The Land of Shadow

Gritty and Samwise finally caught up to Frodo in Mordor, where they were captured by Orcs. They were taken to the tower of Cirith Ungol, where they were to be interrogated by the Nazgûl.

But before the Nazgûl could get to them, Frodo put on the Ring and disappeared. Gritty and Samwise were left alone in the dark tower, not knowing what to do next.

Chapter 7: The Tower of Cirith Ungol

Gritty and Samwise were rescued from the tower by another group of Orcs. They were taken to the Orc-camp, where they were to be executed.

But before they could be killed, Frodo appeared and killed the Orc-chieftain. He then took Gritty and Samwise and escaped from the camp.

Chapter 8: The Land of the Eye

Frodo, Gritty, and Samwise were finally captured by Sauron's forces. They were taken to the Dark Lord's palace, where they were to be executed.

But before they could be killed, Frodo put on the Ring and disappeared. Sauron was furious, and he ordered his forces to search for Frodo.

Chapter 9: The Black Gate Opens

While Sauron's forces were searching for Frodo, Gritty and Samwise managed to escape. They made their way to the Black Gate, the entrance to Mordor.

There they met up with the rest of the Fellowship, who had also come to Mordor in search of Frodo. Together they attacked the Black Gate, in a desperate attempt to get to Frodo before Sauron did.

Chapter 10: The Fire and the Wood

Frodo finally reached Mount Doom, but he was too late. Sauron had already taken the Ring.

But before Sauron could claim the Ring, Frodo destroyed it. The resulting explosion destroyed Sauron and his army, and freed Middle-earth from his tyranny.

Epilogue

Gritty and his friends returned to the Shire, where they were hailed as heroes. They had saved Middle-earth from the Dark Lord Sauron, and the world was finally at peace.

Write Jurassic Park but the T-Rex is replaced by Gritty

quote:

Jurassic Park, but the T-Rex is replaced by Gritty.

The Jurassic Park gates open and the tourists flood in, eager to see the dinosaurs up close. But instead of a towering T-Rex, they're met by a small, scruffy creature with a googly eye.

It's Gritty, the unofficial mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers.

He waddles around the park, posing for pictures and giving high-fives, as the confused tourists try to figure out what's going on.

But then, things take a turn for the worse.

The other dinosaurs in the park start to get agitated, sensing that something is wrong. They break out of their enclosures and start to attack the humans.

And in the midst of all the chaos, Gritty just keeps on smiling.

Some people say that he's the reason that the dinosaurs went on a rampage. Others say that he's a hero, for trying to warn the humans about the impending danger.

But one thing's for sure: Gritty is definitely not your average T-Rex.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

feedmyleg posted:

Well, I'm sure it will never get ma—

I dunno, Ebert liked it

quote:

I am so glad I went to see this hilarious family-friendly comedy remake of "Lord of the Rings." Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson absolutely steals the show as he plays every single role, from the main characters to even the background extras. His performances are truly impressive and he manages to bring something new and unique to each character.

One of the stand-out moments of the film is when Johnson plays Gollum as a bumbling goofball. He manages to bring a lot of comedic relief to the character, while still maintaining the essence of Gollum's desperation and greed. The audience was in tears of laughter watching Johnson's hilarious portrayal of this iconic character.

Another highlight of the film is the portrayal of the orcs as incompetent buffoons. Johnson manages to bring a lot of physical comedy to these characters and the audience was in stitches watching their ridiculous attempts at battle.

One of the most impressive aspects of Johnson's performance is his ability to play both sides of the romance between Arwen and Aragorn. He perfectly captures the love and longing between the two characters, while also adding in some comedic moments that had the entire audience laughing.

Overall, this family-friendly comedy remake of "Lord of the Rings" is a must-see. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson gives an incredible performance as every single character and manages to bring something new and unique to each role. I highly recommend this film for a fun and entertaining night out with the whole family.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Icedude posted:

Someone made a twitch channel that's just constant GPT-3 generated Seinfeld episodes:
https://twitch.tv/watchmeforever

https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1620664344844603392

Been watching this for the past hour

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/JoINrbs/status/1624351822621315072

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCNW1OCk_M

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Having abandoned God, Skinner turns to the devil for help
https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticScrumptiousTildeTheRinger-Wgxl3i0zBkIywan4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

Lazy_Liberal posted:

it don't work :(

Yeah they changed it after this happened

https://twitter.com/ChrisJBakke/status/1736533308849443121