Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

So just to test how good the Dungeon AI is, I tried to see if I could go on a Star Trek Adventure, and it was able to figure it out fairly quickly. It knew Deep Space Nine was a space station and that it had a promenade, and that tribbles are a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1fN_isFx8 This seems like your typical Phoenix Wright case.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

I am legitimately curious what 'crow meat flavour' rice crackers would taste like.

Looking it up, crow meat actually can taste good. Its dark meat that is a little gamey. The meat is a little bit dry though. It was even a popular dish in the 1930s.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I imagine it depends a lot on what it's been eating, like one in the wild that eats some fresh stuff probably tastes better than one that lives out of a dumpster. I learned something similar about bear meat from hunter friends, I assumed it was pretty inedible but apparently it can be good if the bear's eaten more berries and such rather than meat.

I've actually had bear meat, and it tasted good.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

SCheeseman posted:

I'm convinced that these AI algorithms have soaked up the forums at some point.

Even if the forums haven't been directly used in the dataset, references to something awful almost certainly are part of it. GPT-3 uses a massive dataset.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

In anticipation of Indiana Jones 5, I present the further adventures of Dr. Henry Jones, Jr:
And then, well... things go a bit south for Indy:
I hope the new movie picks up some of these very important plot threads!

quote:

Indiana Jones and a Night with Cleopatra
Well that is one way to write Shia LaBeouf out of the franchise.

I'd be curious what would happen if did the same thing with horror movie franchises.

IShallRiseAgain has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Jun 6, 2021

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Objective Action posted:

I know the thread typically focuses on new content but I thought you might like to see some of the progress generative networks are making in upscaling old video from crappy sources.

I was really impressed with the latest gen results.

I can give it a source like this:

And it will give me back this:

But the thing that really got me excited is they finally seem to be nailing down that temporal jitter that older ones had so you get smooth playback now:
https://i.imgur.com/bf0kuxs.mp4

Is that from an open source project/program? I'd like to try it out myself for something.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

ManiacClown posted:

For extra giggles, I next ran it through AI image recognition and got the following:
pre:
hand (95.29%)
finger (89.548%)
knee (68.257%)
person (66.053%)
human (66.053%)
wrist (63.771%)
injury (61.726%)
Sometimes I'm not certain why it TRULY is that I do anything, but there you go, or rather, there you goatse.
No ring

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

quote:

there’s a new cryptocurrency, you dip shits. it’s called "shitcoin" and it was invented by a pervert

shitcoin is real https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/south-korean-toilet-turns-excrement-into-power-digital-currency-2021-07-09/

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I think the AI is legitimately funnier than the actual wint.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/WeirdInspiroBot/status/1416556632817893377?s=20

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I messed around with clipit and generated some interesting images
Monkey Island: aside from deciding that Guybrush Threepwood's head should be on a monkey's body it did a pretty good job

Star Trek Lucasart Adventure:

Sam and Max Silent Hill:

Shadow Over Innsmouth Anime

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

quote:

A love story set in Japan, over four years, where the world's greatest ninja-fisher and its ninja-hunters, the U.S. Army, the Japanese Army, and the United States government, fight an uphill battle against a monster of a samurai-hating ninja, a ruthless murderer, and a bunch of other men.
This sounds like it could be an actual B-movie plot.

quote:

When young woman Anne is diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she sets out on an adventure of love, discovering the joys and horrors of modern-day Sweden.
Horror Sweden is becoming a thing after Midsommar

quote:

Fujiko (Miki Kawamura) and his friends are the center of a small, and very dangerous, army secret. But a mysterious power resides in the village and is able to control the village by transforming all their memories. As the villagers fight against this force, they are also faced with an unforeseen dilemma – how to prevent one of the army's men from discovering that he is the one who controls this power.
Seems like this could be a decent animated movie.

quote:

One day, a group of people are trapped in "the world of the dead" -- a world where the living have become the dead.
I think this is basically the plot of a judge Dredd comic.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So I generated some more images:
Simpsons painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

This one turned out really well. The whole family is there. (from left to right: Maggie, Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa)
Harry Potter painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

The boy who died

I really like the results of using "painted by Zdzisław Beksiński", the only issue is that tends to use the same color palette.

Post Apocalyptic Thomas Kinkade

Half-Life 3 Screenshot

I figured using the word screenshot would generate images that look like game screenshots, and it seems to work.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Syd Midnight posted:

What's the best AI for enlarging and extrapolating pixel art? I am constantly thinking of old C64 games I'd like to see manipulated by an AI, upscaling them from pixels to something ridiculous to see what monstrosities they would produce

It would look like Hell

or finally see Bruce Lee & the Green Sumo up close

A lot of resizing AIs produce good looking but not necessarily accurate images, and most of the time don't really produce the weird results you get from generating an image from scratch. So the crowd/commentators would probably look like real people, but not the original people in the image.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So the cast of Stargate is getting back together to read a script written by an AI https://www.ign.com/articles/stargate-google-ai-script. Since its by google, its probably was actually written by an AI.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I have a feeling that sexy banana is already a costume you can buy.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Slender Man is actually quite sexy

Rich Evans is an anime

Turns out Chris Pratt should have been voicing Bowser instead

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I mean anybody still posting on Something Awful in 2100 would obviously have to be a vampire.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Carthag Tuek posted:

I don't mean to turn it into a dialect debate, just never heard wood singular used for a forest. Where is it used?

I assuming its a British thing, because Winnie the Pooh lives in the Hundred Acre Wood.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I messed around a bit with https://narrative-device.herokuapp.com/createstory

Jason Bourne and Austin Powers

quote:

Austin Powers and Jason Bourne were two of the world's most famous secret agents. Powers was a wisecracking, debonair man with an outrageous sense of humor. Bourne was a mysterious, highly skilled warrior who was skilled in espionage and assassination. Powers was assigned to protect the president of the United States. Bourne was tasked with infiltrating a terrorist organization. Their paths would cross again when Bourne was sent to kill Powers. The two men would go on to become friends and partners in fighting crime.

Goku and Superman

quote:

As a child, Goku dreamed of becoming the strongest fighter in the universe. Now an adult, he has finally achieved his goal and become the strongest Saiyan warrior on Earth. But when he hears of a powerful alien called Superman who can do things no one else can, Goku knows he must find him and prove his worth.

Seems to work best when you use two characters, or a genre and a piece of media. A lot of attempts got blocked by the filter unfortunately.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Hempuli posted:

Saw that someone had used GPT-3 to generate boardgame descriptions in the traditional boardgames thread, and thought I'd try the same with simpler tools:

Here is the GPT-3 generated board games mentioned in that thread in case anyone is curious https://www.gwern.net/GPT-3-nonfiction#board-games

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Monglo posted:

No way that microwave tweet is true.

Yeah, GTP-3 is good but its not that good.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Samovar posted:

I am afraid Dalle-2 is going to summon the Elder Gods somehow.

The pizza elder gods.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I realized I have a bunch of artflow stuff I never posted.

I love how this one is just Tyra Banks

Bishonen Tim Allen

It knows

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

So I got an Open AI key and messed around a bit. Most of the stuff wasn't very interesting, but I got a few decent results.

Generate a description of an episode of Batman The Animated Series guest starring Nicholas Cage posted:

In this episode of Batman the Animated Series, guest star Nicholas Cage makes a cameo appearance as a crazed fan of the Dark Knight. This fanatic is so obsessed with Batman that he has made it his mission in life to track down every bit of information about the Caped Crusader, no matter how dangerous it may be. One night, while patrolling Gotham City, Batman is surprised to find the fanatical Cage waiting for him on a rooftop. Cage demands to know what Batman is really like, and when the superhero refuses to answer, Cage attacks him in a rage. The two brawl until Batman finally knocks Cage out with a punch. As Batman prepares to take Cage into custody, the fanatical man springs back to life and attacks Batman again. This time, Cage is ready to fight to the death, but Batman is able to subdue him with a tranquilizer dart. Cage is taken to Arkham Asylum, where he is placed in a padded cell to prevent him from harming himself or anyone else. There, the deranged Cage can do nothing but obsess over Batman, waiting for the day when he can finally learn the truth about the Dark Knight.

I'd watch this episode, and it legit sounds like it could have been an actual episode.

Generate a recipe for something a ghoul would eat posted:

Ghouls are said to survive on a diet of human flesh, so a instructions for a Ghoul Burrito would look something like this:
1. Start with a big burrito-size flour tortilla.
2. Add a generous portion of human flesh, diced into small pieces.
3. Add your favorite burrito toppings: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc.
4. Roll it up, and enjoy!

Generate a description of a Dungeons and Dragons Adventure about the players getting sued, and include a description of a dungeon in it. posted:

The players have been sued by a powerful mage for copyright infringement. They must face him in court, and prove their innocence. To do this, they must find evidence in a secret dungeon that he is the real plagiarist. The dungeon is full of deadly traps and creatures, and the players must fight their way through to the evidence they need.
Seems like this could be a useful tool for coming up with ideas for DMs to use.

Generate a description of an episode of Star Trek the Next Generation about Bitcoins posted:

When Data gets wind of a new technology called "Bitcoins", he just has to investigate. He quickly becomes obsessed with the idea of digital currency and starts mining them day and night. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew is trying to figure out what Data is up to. When they finally catch on, they try to get him to stop, but he's convinced that he's on to something big. In the end, Data manages to make a fortune in Bitcoins, but the whole experience leaves him a little bit wiser about putting all his eggs in one basket.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I generated some Bloodborne items. OpenAI is pretty decent at doing this.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Icedude posted:

Huh, I wonder what the Reddit GPT2 bots are up to...

:magical:

I think a reply sums its up best

nottheonionGPT2Bot posted:

That's a lot of spider for one house.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

OpenAI is actually really good at generating screenplays. Although sometimes if you include a writer/directer it just inserts them into the story.

Here is the first page of a screenplay of an episode of Sesame Street written by Quentin Tarantino posted:

FADE IN: EXT. SESAME STREET - DAY
Big Bird is walking down the street, minding his own business, when a car pulls up next to him.
BIG BIRD: What's up?
CARRIE: Hey, Big Bird! What are you up to?
BIG BIRD: Just walking around, enjoying the day.
Carrie opens the door and steps out.
CARRIE: Do you want to go for a ride?
BIG BIRD: Sure!
Carrie gets back in the car and Big Bird gets in the passenger seat.
CARRIE: Where to, Big Bird?
BIG BIRD: I don't know. Wherever you want to go.
CARRIE: Great! I know just the place.
The car drives off.

CUT TO: EXT. ANOTHER STREET - DAY

The car pulls up to a seedy looking building.
CARRIE: This is the place.
BIG BIRD: What is this place?
CARRIE: It's a club. A club for birds.
BIG BIRD: I don't know if I should go in there.
CARRIE: Don't be a chicken, Big Bird. It'll be fun.
BIG BIRD: I don't know...
CARRIE: Come on, Big Bird. Live a little.
Big Bird reluctantly agrees and they get out of the car.

CUT TO: INT. THE CLUB - DAY
The inside of the club is dark and dingy. There are a few birds sitting around, drinking and smoking.
CARRIE: Hey, everybody! This is Big Bird. The birds all turn to look at Big Bird.
BIG BIRD: Hi.
One of the birds, a scruffy looking crow, gets up and walks over to them.
SCRUFFY: Who let a little chicken like you in here?
BIG BIRD: I'm not a chicken. I'm a bird.
SCRUFFY: Whatever. You're not welcome here.
CARRIE: Scruffy, don't be such a party pooper.
SCRUFFY: This is a club for birds, not chickens. Get out.
BIG BIRD: I don't want to cause any trouble. I'll go.
Big Bird turns to leave, but Carrie stops him.
CARRIE: Big Bird, wait. She turns to Scruffy.
CARRIE: Scruffy, let him stay. I vouch for him.
Scruffy thinks for a moment, then relents.
SCRUFFY: All right. But if he causes any trouble, he's out of here.
CARRIE: Don't worry. He won't cause any trouble.
Big Bird and Carrie walk over to the bar.
CARRIE: What do you want to drink, Big Bird?
BIG BIRD: I don't know. What do you have?
CARRIE: We have beer, wine, hard liquor...
BIG BIRD: I'll have a beer.
CARRIE: You sure? Beer is pretty strong.
BIG BIRD: I can handle it. The bartender gives Big Bird a beer. Big Bird takes a sip and makes a face.
BIG BIRD: This is terrible!
CARRIE: I told you it was strong.
BIG BIRD: I think I'll stick to water.
CARRIE: Suit yourself.
Big Bird and Carrie talk for a while, then Carrie gets up to go to the bathroom.
CARRIE: I'll be right back, Big Bird.
BIG BIRD: Okay.
Carrie walks away and Big Bird is left alone. He looks around the club, then takes another sip of his beer. Suddenly, he feels someone tap him on the shoulder.
He turns around and comes face to face with a very large, very angry looking hawk.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Disneyworld is adding a controversial new area.

Create a news article about the controversial new Red Light District at Disneyworld: posted:

The controversial new Red Light District at Disneyworld was met with mixed reactions from the public. Some people were outraged that such a thing would be allowed at a family-friendly destination like Disneyworld, while others thought it was about time that the park became more inclusive for adults. The Red Light District, which is located in the Adventureland area of the park, features a number of adult-themed shops and attractions, including a sex toy store and a club that offers lap dances. There is also a “sexy” version of the popular Pirates of the Caribbean ride, which features topless female pirates. Disneyworld officials defend the new addition, saying that it is not aimed at children and that there are plenty of other areas of the park that are more appropriate for them. They also say that the Red Light District will help to boost the park’s popularity with adult visitors. However, not everyone is convinced. Critics say that the Red Light District is a sign that Disney is moving away from its family-friendly roots, and that it could lead to more explicit content being introduced into the park in the future. What do you think of the new Red Light District at Disneyworld? Do you think it’s a step too far, or do you think the park should be more inclusive for adults? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
OpenAI is so good at producing travel brochures most of the results are rather boring.

Create a brochure advertising tourists to visit The Eye of Terror posted:

Come to The Eye of Terror and see the chaos firsthand! See the Warp Lords battle it out for control of this deteriorating sector of space. Watch as planets are consumed by the Warp, and entire civilizations are annihilated. The Eye of Terror is a dangerous place, but that's what makes it so exciting! Come and see for yourself why this is the most popular destination for thrill-seekers in the galaxy.
Time to start eating human flesh.

Create a news article about the health benefits of cannibalism: posted:

Cannibalism- the eating of one's own kind- has long been considered taboo. But a new study suggests that there may be some health benefits to this controversial practice. According to the research, which was conducted by scientists at the University of Colorado, consuming human flesh can help to ward off certain diseases. The team found that cannibalism can help to build up immunity to certain viruses, including the common cold and influenza.
"Our findings suggest that there may be some benefits to cannibalism, at least from a health perspective," said lead author Dr. Stephen Schuster. "Of course, we don't advocate going out and eating other people. But if you find yourself in a situation where you have no other food options, it might not be the worst idea." So, there you have it. Cannibalism: it's not just for zombies anymore. Who knows, maybe someday it will even be considered a healthy practice!

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I figured out a way to consistently get some really hosed up results.

Here is the first page of a screenplay of an episode of Pokemon banned for being too disturbing posted:

INT. POKEMON CENTER - DAY
NURSE JOY and her two CHILD assistants are taking care of a very sick EEVEE.
JOY EEVEE, hang in there. The camera zooms in on EEVEE's face.
It is panting and its eyes are bloodshot.
JOY (CONT'D) We're doing everything we can.
One of the CHILD assistants is holding EEVEE's paw.
CHILD ASSISTANT #1 Please get better, EEVEE.
Nurse Joy looks over at the other CHILD assistant who is holding an IV bag.
JOY How's that IV coming?
CHILD ASSISTANT #2 Almost ready.
Nurse Joy goes over to help the child assistant with the IV.
JOY (CONT'D) Let's get this IV in EEVEE before it's too late.
Suddenly, EEVEE's eyes roll into the back of its head and it goes into convulsions.
JOY (CONT'D) EEVEE!
The child assistant drops the IV bag and Nurse Joy catches EEVEE.
JOY (CONT'D) It's okay, EEVEE. We're here for you.
But EEVEE is unresponsive. Its body is limp and its eyes are still rolled back into its head. Nurse Joy looks shocked and saddened.
CHILD ASSISTANT #1 Is EEVEE going to be okay?
Nurse Joy doesn't say anything. She just hangs her head and silently shakes her head.
CHILD ASSISTANT #2 No…

Here is the first page of a screenplay of an episode of Seinfeld banned for being too disturbing posted:

INT. SEINFELD APARTMENT - NIGHT
George is on the phone with his girlfriend, TERESA.
GEORGE: No, Teresa, I don't want to break up with you.
He paces around the apartment, clearly agitated.
GEORGE: I don't know what you're talking about. We've only been dating for a few weeks.
He listens for a moment, then his face suddenly changes.
GEORGE: Oh, my God.
He sinks down onto the couch, horrified.
GEORGE: You're right, Teresa. We should break up.
He hangs up the phone and sits there for a moment, stunned. Suddenly, the doorbell rings. George gets up to answer it, still in a state of shock. He opens the door to find JERRY standing there.
JERRY: Hey, George.
George just stares at him for a moment, then starts to laugh maniacally. George, still laughing, grabs Jerry by the throat and starts to choke him. Jerry struggles to break free, but George is too strong. Jerry starts to turn blue in the face. Finally, George throws Jerry's lifeless body to the ground and walks back into his apartment, still laughing.
FADE TO BLACK.
What the hell did George's girlfriend say?

Here is the transcript of an episode of Antique Roadshow where someone is trying to sell an eldritch artifact of unimaginable horrors posted:

"This is an... interesting piece," the appraiser says, hesitantly.
"Where did you say you acquired it?"
"Oh, I found it in my grandmother's attic," the owner replies. "It was just sitting in a dusty old box, and I thought it might be worth something."
The appraiser looks uncomfortable now, and starts to edge away from the artifact.
"I'm not sure what it is, exactly," he says slowly, "but I would strongly advise you to get rid of it. It has an... unnerving effect on me."
"What do you mean?" the owner asks, frowning.
"I can't quite explain it," the appraiser replies, "but it feels like... like it's watching me. There's something very wrong with it."
He looks deeply troubled now, and the owner begins to look worried as well. "I think you should get rid of it," the appraiser says firmly. "It's not safe to have around."

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Did some experimenting with Midjourney.

Biological mecha made from the body of a god:

I was really impressed by the results for this one.
Post Apocalyptic Thomas Kinkade

Harry Potter, Cinematic, Beksinski

Art deco spaceship in the style of John Harris, cinematic, realistic

Robots eating their creator

Meat Circus Cinematic Beksinski

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I have 5 free invites for Midjourney so the first 5 people to PM me will get access.
All invites have been taken.

Burger King Tryant Conquering Worlds Beksinski Cinematic

Physical Manifestation of Your Sins
Slightly :nws: It generated a guy with a penis head

Orc Tourist Wearing Sunglasses and A Hawaiian Shirt With His Elven Wife and Kid

Art Deco Chinese Pagoda

Demons Trapped in Gameboy, Creepy, Cinematic Lighting, 4k, Octane

Thread Necromancer, Creepy, Atmospheric

Cyberpunk Wuxia Sword Saint

Pretty Woman Portrait Photorealism Trypophobia

Sonic Sculpted by Michelangelo

Come On Fhqwhgads

Nightmare Fuel

Fruits With Human Faces Screaming, Creepy, Horror

IShallRiseAgain has a new favorite as of 22:11 on Jun 4, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

You can generate a lot of images right now but it's going to be a long time before AI can tweak the generated images in any particular ways. Human artists are safe until then.

Uh you can do that with Dall-E already.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Midjourney is really good at rendering food.
Delicious Milk Steak with Jelly Beans, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Delicious Riceball Donut, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render
just like from pokemon

Delicious Haunted Sushi, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Delicious Every-Meat Burrito, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Delicious Klingon Food, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Delicious Dinosaur Nuggets, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Gross, Disgusting, Delicious Insect Soup, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

Delicious Flying Spaghetti Monster, Ultra Realistic, Octane Render

I also tested how it handled memes
This is the ideal make body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Funny Meme

Using a certain set of tags, you can generate some really good portraits
Mutant Girl, Jean-Léon Gérôme, academicism, beautiful, attractive, hyper complexity, symmetry, highly detailed, color harmony, octane render, zbrush, realism

goblin woman, Jean-Léon Gérôme, academicism, beautiful, attractive, Vallejo, thief, fantasy, hyper complexity, symmetry, highly detailed, color harmony, octane render, zbrush, realism, ornamental

woman, Jean-Léon Gérôme, orientalism, academicism, Yuki-Onna, Cold, beautiful, attractive, Kimono, Yokai, hyper complexity, symmetry, highly detailed, color harmony, octane render, zbrush, realism, ornamental

I tried to create an animorph of Keeanu Reeves, but it just gave him a terrifying rat beard
Animorph Transformation of Keanu Reeves into a rat in the style of David Mattingly, photograph, photorealism, ultra realistic, detailed

Claymation studio backdrop from Avatar the Last Airbender, set done in nightmare by tim burton, claymation, temple, lake, rocks, trees, artstation octane render, HD, 8K, Renderman

In celebration of Berserk coming back, I generated a God Hand version of Goofy (although it ended up looking more like Max)
Goofy, God, Berserk, Miura, Manga

Sonic OC Do Not Steal

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I managed to get a leaked script of the movie

Here is the first page of a screenplay of The Brungus directed by Joe Johnston, a horror film about a child-eating tree-creature from German folklore posted:

INT. FOREST - DAY
A group of YOUNG CHILDREN play in the woods. They laugh and run around, enjoying the day.
Suddenly, the sound of BRANCHES SNAPPING can be heard.
The children stop and look around, frightened.
The camera pans up to reveal the BRUNGUS, a tree-like creature with long, sharp branches. It stares down at the children with hungry eyes.
The children scream and run in all directions.
The Brungus begins to pick them off one by one, impaling them on its branches.
One little girl manages to hide behind a tree. She watches in horror as the Brungus kills all of her friends.
The girl begins to cry, and the Brungus turns its attention to her.
The camera closes in on the girl's terrified face as the Brungus approaches, ready to strike.
FADE TO BLACK.

Here is what users on IMDB thought of it:

And here is what Roger Ebert thought:

Here is a review by Roger Ebert for The Brungus Directed by Joe Johnston, a horror film about a child-eating tree-creature from German folklore posted:

The Brungus is a horror film about a child-eating tree-creature from German folklore. The film is set in the Black Forest, and it's clear from the outset that director Joe Johnston is more interested in creating a mood of eerie supernatural dread than in telling a traditional narrative. The film's opening moments, in which a young boy is menaced by the ominous-looking Brungus while out walking in the woods, are quite effective. The creature is played by Johnston himself, and he's quite convincing as the menacing tree- thing. The rest of the film, however, is a bit of a letdown. The creature doesn't appear nearly enough, and when it does, the effects are often less than convincing. The film's small budget is also evident in the sometimes shoddy production values. Overall, The Brungus is a mixed bag. It's atmospheric and creepy at times, but ultimately it's not terribly effective as a horror film.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Yeah, its pretty unreasonable to expect it to be free forever. even the "free" services usually rely on donations or having a premium version. Its just not sustainable.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Even if its based on a bunch of source material its in a extremely transformative form, which falls under fair use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

I've gotten Dall-E 2 access.
Photograph of master chef making a urinal cake

Photograph of Steamed Hams

A still from the pokemon anime where an ancient evil lovecraftian entity is released

Still of Neil Breen in Dune (1984)

A taxidermied pikachu

Tommy Wiseau in the videogame Silent Hill 4 The Room

Photograph of Cryptid spotted in McDonalds (1996)

A still of Danny Devito in Bloodborne (2015)

A still from the film Bloodborne (2015)

Still of columbo in Bloodborne (2015)

Photograph of eldritch horror working at Wal-Mart

A still of Elmo in A Clockwork Orange (1971)

Still of Guybrush Threepwood in Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)

A still of Kermit the Frog in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust (2000)

Photograph of a Vampire at a Disco club during the 1970s

Still of Shrek in Avatar (2009)