Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

world cup harry zone: rise high stakes: the game of harmony

also basically this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

here's a whole poo poo-ton of pseudo-procedurally-generated content

also this is the foundation of that botnik twitter

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

generated from just copying and pasting the whole thread up to now:

quote:

The results are often presented as if they were entirely algorithmically generated content bookmarkpost reply hempuli nov 15 am asking for a friend to talk to you about it when i get home i will send you a picture of the front and back of the house and the restaurant and i will be there in a few minutes art thing made using pico8: jose guerra @guerragames --spiralsphere --#pico8 # tweetcart # tweetjam t=0::_::cls()t+=.2 the results are often presented as if they were entirely algorithmically generated content bookmarkpost reply hempuli nov 15 am asking for a friend

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Just for anyone looking to generate random names, Behind the Name is a website about the origin and popularity of names that has a random name generator that I like a lot.

I got Hephaestus Cadmus Heinz

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The cowards removed the pictures of the home, I guess?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Friend posted:

Edit: This didn't turn out as cool as I hoped

Don't know what you were hoping for but I think it's pretty cool, dude

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

Is the programmer dead, can't they just ask him or was he too drunk at the time to remember afterwards

"He told the duo that the programmer who developed it told him that the code 'came upon him when he was drunk and whacked out of his brain' but no one has been able to contact this programmer for further information yet."

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It's pretty great, but can still get a bit loopy...

quote:

> Cast fireball on bar

You raise your hand and throw a fireball at the bar. It explodes into the air causing everyone to gasp in surprise. You laugh as welling. Everyone stands. You continue toThere is now:

> Cast meteor shower in bar

You raise your hand and throw a meteor at the bar. It explodes into the air and causes the ceiling and sendin

> Climb to roof and cackle as Tavern burns down

You climb to the top of the building and look down. You can see the flames licking at the tavern below. You can see the flames licking at the tavern below. You can see the flames licking at the tavern below. You can see the flames lick at the tavern above

> Watch the flames licking at the Tavern below

You watch the flames licking at the tavern below. The flames lick at the tavern below. The flames lick at the tavern below. The flames lick at the tavern below

> Fall asleep atop the burning tavern

You fall asleep atop the burning tavern. You sleep for awhile and then awaken. You look around and see that the tavern is ablaze. Flames lick at the tavern below. Flames lick at the tavern below. Flames lick at the tavern below. Flames lick at the tavern below

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

quote:

Jimmy is a bard lost in the town of Margaritaville, searching for his lost shaker of salt. He enters the thirteenth Tavern of the day, and finds: The bartender is named

> "Oh, hello, Tom. Have you seen my lost shaker of salt?"

Tom says "No, I haven't, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you soon". You say "Thanks, Tom. I'll see you later" You leave the tavern and head back home

> No, I sip my margaritas and head to the next Tavern to ask about my lost shaker of salt.

You enter the twelfth Tavern of the day and find:

> I've already been here. Where's my drat salt!?

You look around for a while and then realize that you're not missing anything so you go back to the first one.

> Have a fresh margarita, salted with my special salt

You take a drink and as you do you notice that it tastes different than usual. It has a slightly bitter taste and you think that maybe you just drank something from another world

> Trip balls

You suddenly feel very tired and fall asleep on the bar. When you wake up you are in a strange place. You can't remember how you got there or even what happened. But you know you need to get out of this place.

There was a lot of passing out in this one, and ended up at a hotel asking for a glass of wine when it stopped working

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Uh.

quote:

You are Deadington, a scientist trying to survive in a world filled with infected zombies everywhere. You have a backpack and a solar powered tablet. You pound your fist on the table angry that you still haven't found the cure to the infection. You turn to your assistant and ask her if she has seen anything like this before. She looks at you as if you just asked her to **** her

>Ask to **** her

"I want to **** you".

She smiles at you and nods. "Sure, why not?" You grab her by the hand and lead her out of the lab. You walk down the hallways until you find a secluded spot near some bushes

Note, "****" was original syntax

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

quote:

"He's not a real bear, he's a scarecrow!"
"A scarecrow? How do you know that?"
"Because I saw it in my backyard".

> "Then why does it have treasure?"

"It was stolen from me".
"How did you steal it?"
"By the time I found it, it was too late. They were already gone".
"Where are they now?"
"They're dead".
"Dead who?"

> Take the dead's treasure

You pull the bear closer to you and look into his eyes. "These eyes are different
than any other eyes I've ever seen before".
"So...they're alive?"

> Put eyes in pocket

You hold the bear close to you as you place one of its eyes in your pocket. The
bear lets out a few more pained whines, but soon calms down.
"Thank you".

> "You're welcome."

and leave the bear lying on the ground.
As you walk back home, you think about how strange it all is. You thought the
whole thing would be scary, but you didn't expect it to be so...adorable

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

It reminds me a lot of the open-ended simulation stuff from Ender's Game, oddly enough.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

So GPT-2 just gets a bit literally loopy regardless of application, doesn't it?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I kind of love the mental image of Darth Sans

Kinda goofy, no hard edges, hated by the entire galaxy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Hempuli posted:

GAN-generated tiny cars:
https://twitter.com/ak92501/status/1209344885888823296

Guessing which direction the amalgamate car would drive at any given moment is a fun pastime. Also there are some fairly... flat ones in there.

Strong GTA Online Zhaba energy by the end there:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

SCREAMIN’ AT A CLOWN

SCREAMIN’ AT A CLOWN

lookin' like a fool as you're screamin' at a clown

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Aw dammit are we gonna have to kill god too now

Attack and dethrone drilbot

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

I don't know if this really counts but I think y'all will appreciate it.

https://twitter.com/vamchale/status/1409510830522212352

Oh yeah, Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

PYF ProcGen: it’s called shitcoin and it was invented by a pervert

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Warren Zevon prequel album, eh?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Oh hell yeah that's the good stuff.

quote:

A genetic algorithm was instructed to try and make a creature stick to the ceiling for as long as possible. It was scored with the average height of the creature during the run. Instead of sticking to the ceiling, the creature found a bug in the physics engine to snap out of bounds.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Someone collected a good list here
Yeah lol that's why I linked it earlier

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Probably a good thing SA doesn't have post-voting so gaming the system by posting the same link is funny but can't actually game the system

Probably some :10bux: ML accounts anyway tho

this post brought to you via Markov chain of QCS

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Incidentally, one of the side advantages of Flight Simulator is that it gives Microsoft a massive, unpaid paying army of people happy to report all the obvious bugs in their datasets.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Y'know, the name of the Parrot from Blit gets some interesting connotations in the context of generative adversarial networks

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

but not for the bot

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Threw an old joke mashup I did live at it and it works pretty well except for some balancing in the back half.

Also if you use "normal" quality it doesn't really turn out like pixel art (but I'm probably doing something wrong) (i figured out what i was doing wrong)

"haunted dragon in italy"

stringless has a new favorite as of 22:31 on Aug 31, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I used rave.dj to create something cruel and unusual

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Objective Action posted:

Unfortunately the actual pixel draw part relies on a library to do the rasterization that has a broken build on Windows and the latest CUDA and I haven't spent the time to resolve it yet; so heads up there if you want to try it.
Thanks for mentioning this, I'd been running the pixeldrawer via windows and it was failing, but it's running fine on my work macbook through colab lmao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

"underground dwarven fortress" has a pretty obvious influence:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

boo_radley posted:

I love this dumb thing:
Yeah lmao it's great

The Mirror You Take
Boulevard of Happy Dreams

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

Isn’t that first one just that one m night movie
The name escapes me, but yeah

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

IShallRiseAgain posted:

So I generated some more images:
Simpsons painted by Zdzisław Beksiński

This one turned out really well. The whole family is there. (from left to right: Maggie, Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa)
:thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCeeTfsm8bk&t=22s

--

First Church of Christ, Assassin

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I've been building up a stockpile of clipit+PixelDraw outputs, anyone know why colab now only shows the most recent output instead of the whole process as off a few days ago?

Anyway, the base for each of these is relatively obvious, but the modifier gets hilarious results.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

hmmmm

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tunicate posted:

There's a russian text-to-image one that works pretty well at making the images, but has a thinner-than-normal grasp of what your input text corresponds to

https://rudalle.ru/demo

"Cowboy Steve Buscemi"

"Space Pirate Steve Buscemi"

"Ninja Steve Buscemi"

"Punk Rock Steve Buscemi"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Space Pirate, Cowboy, and Punk Rock Thanos:

Guess it's just confused by Steve Buscemi

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

HMMMM

https://twitter.com/EveryWorDid911/status/1035926850252496896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

They figured something was fishy when a line said "see chart above" despite there not being one, and various other idiosyncracies.

https://twitter.com/mattlodder/status/1488894438478864387