Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Actually quite on board with rooting out pedos and gropers but trying to ruin someone's career over 20-year-old obvious satire because he called some reporter frumpy-looking seems a bit silly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...m=.90506bdd1841

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Can someone make a "is Bigfoot Real" Thread for me, please?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

no

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the things he and ames wrote are totally normal

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was one of the first ppl to call them bad so i should get all the credit, and if possible lots of money that results from their destruction

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I heard they got up to some pretty bad stuff in Moscow

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The media's been trying to smear them for years but luckily nobody gives a poo poo

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Matt Taibbi used coarse language?! loving no way!

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

paul_soccer10 posted:

Also it seems like Ames was responsible for like 95% of the more objectionable content but Taibbi is more famous so he's the one we need to pearl-clutch about, apparently

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

uhhh wasn't the eXile mocking expat bros?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

basic hitler posted:

Matt Taibbi used coarse language?! loving no way!

He made jokes about getting blowjobs.

BLOWJOBS I TELL YOU BLOWJOBS

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah it was admittedly pretty clumsy satire but loving obviously satire nonetheless.

But he called some WaPo reporter "matronly" and she's obviously so stung about it that 20 years later she's writing a :laffo: #MeToo column about it so we should definitely ruin his career now even though he's one of the better and more entertaining journalists working

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Groovelord Neato posted:

They mercilessly taunted the clueless/shill foreign correspondents too, which was appropriate and necessary

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
You can't quote the paragraph with the details in question like I should know what any of this is about?

I wouldnt put anything above anybody trust no hoe :redhammer: :redhammer:

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boof Bonser posted:

Also it seems like Ames was responsible for like 95% of the more objectionable content but Taibbi is more famous so he's the one we need to pearl-clutch about, apparently

shut up

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Mainstream journalists are trash and belong in the garbage

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

The other guys involved were pretty sharp and self-aware but Mark Ames was and is the 40-year-old balding guy who inexplicably still hangs around the frathouse and tries to party with the pledges

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I thought the actual claim against him was a rape from somebody

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Making fun of my fat ankles was basically rape

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
when he says 'gently caress' it takes my breath away

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

really his crime was saying fat ankles when we all know the proper terminology is cankles.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Pick posted:

They just recycle the satire he wrote about prostitution in Moscow. It is like a broken record.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
i like matt taibbi :shrug:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Pick posted:

Nope.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
kinda lovely to the actual abuse victims to hitch your fat ankle trailer to their wagon.

Woden
May 6, 2006
Never heard of any of these people, guess I'll have to just listen and believe her.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I thought the taibbi thing was pretty well known for a long time

I recall hearing poo poo about him and the exile like years ago

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cant keep this poo poo striahgt no mo

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Zorodius posted:

kinda lovely to the actual abuse victims to hitch your fat ankle trailer to their wagon.

Yeah I'm a dude so it's going to come out sounding concern-trolly coming from me, but oh well: It's absolutely bullshit to lump someone calling you ugly in with someone holding you down and jerking off into a potted plant. Give me a loving break.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
holy poo poo journalism is garbage

i just tried to read that and eventually just dozed off in a haze of not caring about her huge set up for how hard it is to be insulted, like every human ever born hasn't heard a joke about their appearance, then some fucker ive never heard of, then russia, then a book the abortion threats or death threats or some poo poo

like four pages in and there's no coherent topic other than 'im mad and doing poorly at getting other people to join me'

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Fabricated posted:

I thought the taibbi thing was pretty well known for a long time

I recall hearing poo poo about him and the exile like years ago

Now the warlock hunt has reached the "cynically pursuing vendetta" stage.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

extra stout posted:

i just tried to read that and eventually just dozed off in a haze of not caring about her huge set up for how hard it is to be insulted, like every human ever born hasn't heard a joke about their appearance, then some fucker ive never heard of, then russia, then a book the abortion threats or death threats or some poo poo

like four pages in and there's no coherent topic other than 'im mad and doing poorly at getting other people to join me'

I like the part at the end where she says "you don't have to have actually had something bad happen to you in order to be part of the #MeToo" movement.

Uh, I thought the whole point was that you did have to actually be the victim of harassment?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

paul_soccer10 posted:

Question: Do you think Vladimir Nabokov is a real pedophile?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Boof Bonser posted:

Actually quite on board with rooting out pedos and gropers but trying to ruin someone's career over 20-year-old obvious satire because he called some reporter frumpy-looking seems a bit silly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...m=.90506bdd1841

hello matt taibbi

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Boof Bonser posted:

Question: Do you think Vladimir Nabokov is a real pedophile?

Yes and I hate him!!!!!!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i believe mr taibbi is a 'gonzo' journalist. he started wearing baseball caps when his hair started falling out. he appears frequently on democracy now, but is he a rapist?

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

hello matt taibbi

I would like to get paid to write fun things

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

extra stout posted:

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
You don't actually have to be a victim of anything other than oblique roasting to come forward and be a strong brave member of the #resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Pick posted:

It looks like he was pretty proud of dating a teenager. These guys are super gross, according to the article.

• Locked thread