Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

...but the next (and final) 5 people to sign up will have a very special place in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT INTENTIONAL

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Idgi

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Someone invite jimson

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

it's a bad myst joke

Moatillata posted:

Someone invite jimson

I already did!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Pod I think you might be legitimately insane

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Podima posted:

THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT INTENTIONAL

hmm, 5 again

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Yeah, but that and

Podima posted:

it's a bad myst joke

are probably intentional and thus less funny.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can’t sign up so it doesn’t play.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Daniels should sign up :buddy:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Bifauxnen posted:

Gwynplaine should sign up :buddy:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

And also be king

Actually yeah Gwyn would be great too, I miss him

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

get one of the gbs mods to play

Capt. Kent Daniels
May 4, 2017

"Are you seriously going to punch this tortured dude with PTSD in the face"

"YES."

Bifauxnen posted:

I was serious when I said there was more important stuff to worry about :negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

Pod I think you might be legitimately insane

I mean, yes, but also, is this a signup?!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

get one of the gbs mods to play

If you give me names of people who are likely to actually take it seriously, I'll PM them!

Bifauxnen posted:

And also be king

Actually yeah Gwyn would be great too, I miss him

Yeah how is he doing? I haven't seen him post much, he's someone else I'd 100% invite back if he was still up for mafia.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also just to emphasize: No matter how fast this game fills, it won't start in earnest till after Christmas at the earliest - there's still a great deal of behind-the-scenes setup that needs doing, and I don't want to drop a ton of stuff on people during the holidays. Everyone's enthusiasm is super exciting though, and I can't wait to see how this game turns out!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Yeah how is he doing? I haven't seen him post much, he's someone else I'd 100% invite back if he was still up for mafia.

Last I heard he was just busy as gently caress with no time for forums these days. Hopefully he is getting more sleep. Obviously Gaspy would be the one to ask, though!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Podima posted:

I mean, yes, but also, is this a signup?!

there's no way I have enough time but I'll try

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

I already did!

Then have kash do it maybe he'll listen to him

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
If the game starts in earnest before new years I will be extremely limited in how much i can play. Holidays suck for cooks

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Podima posted:

Gwyn is doing great but is so busy he has no time for anything, unfortunately. It’s a task just to get the time to chat with him.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Rules updated to v2.0, details are in the changelog at the end of the first post. Only update is to the MISCELLANY section, clarifying a scenario with battle parties when a thread has less than six players left.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Podima posted:

Rules updated to v2.0, details are in the changelog at the end of the first post. Only update is to the MISCELLANY section, clarifying a scenario with battle parties when a thread has less than six players left.

I'm adding this to the extensive extremely responsible notes I am taking

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Podima posted:

Also just to emphasize: No matter how fast this game fills, it won't start in earnest till after Christmas at the earliest - there's still a great deal of behind-the-scenes setup that needs doing, and I don't want to drop a ton of stuff on people during the holidays. Everyone's enthusiasm is super exciting though, and I can't wait to see how this game turns out!

After New Year's would be awesome but as long as it's after Christmas it's cool with me :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Capt. Kent Daniels posted:

I was serious when I said there was more important stuff to worry about :negative:

Like ruining Mafia, as we did together!

*looks around* wait what’s going on?

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Mother --

I don't want to worry you overmuch but there's been echoes that this little bit of border business is about to go straight downways. Boys and I have been going over the Khans and the Chinese, think about guerrilla tactics what like we used in the Revolution. Something in my gut tells me this one's gonna be different, 'ma. Try and try as I do, I just can't seem to get this godforsaken rifle to shoot straight. Been a skirmish or two already, not sure if it's us or them that's responsible. Not sure if there's other parties. Feels right to be out in the woods again, thank you for posting me that Thoreau gentleman's book. I've been using it to teach some of the boys 'ere how to be gooder with their letters and whatnot. Most of them behaves well-enough, I suppose, but they still menfolk and you and the pastor can be assured there won't be any worrying about me. Supposing it's only natural and polite to inquire as to father's health, but don't feel overly obligated to be answering that one. I think the truth of that particular matter has come to be as true to you as it is between he an me.

I'll try to keep you as updated on this and if'n I gets up to any killing as I'm able to be writin'.

God's blessing on all of us.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

IllegallySober posted:

After New Year's would be awesome but as long as it's after Christmas it's cool with me :)

I imagine starting after New Year's is probably going to be easier for (most?) people. Though I also see a number of heavily-contributing people who have already signed up, so I don't imagine lack of posting is going to be a serious issue. :)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Can we have a posting minimums for the threads?

And then have a separate posting requirement for Bif which is quadruple the normal minimum?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Natural 20 posted:

Can we have a posting minimums for the threads?

And then have a separate posting requirement for Bif which is quadruple the normal minimum?

https://twitter.com/dril/status/922321981

In seriousness, people are going to need to strike a balance between posting enough and NOT over-posting this game. 25 people per thread is going to be a lot of posts, and it does nobody any good if the majority of the thread gets overwhelmed by a minority of prolific posters.

I'll address this more in each individual thread when they open, but it's something to keep in mind for now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If y'all make me thread boss I won't have nearly as much to talk about since you'll all know I'm town already :angel:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

So what you're saying is you've already placed me & Bif in different threads

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
:shittydog: :nitecrew: :justpost: :shittydog:

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Make me a leader, I will not scumhunt but I will PORE over the numbers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Make me the leader.

I'll win.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
we all know the leaders should be the two Carter sisters, I don't even know why you would pretend otherwise

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Do not make me a leader because I still don't understand the rules

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Birdstrike posted:

we all know the leaders should be the two Carter sisters, I don't even know why you would pretend otherwise

I'm really more of the "trusty sidekick" archetype! Being in charge of things gives me a rash.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm really more of the "trusty sidekick" archetype! Being in charge of things gives me a rash.

They have creams for that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hello is this game full yet can I join please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You can join.

• Locked thread