Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Kept you waitign huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Podima posted:

Yeah how is he doing? I haven't seen him post much, he's someone else I'd 100% invite back if he was still up for mafia.

Gwyn is doing great but is so busy he has no time for anything, unfortunately. It’s a task just to get the time to chat with him.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Soldiers mafia is where I excel.

There’s no place for me except the battlefield.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Excited to run missions for MOTHER TEXAS.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

I’m venom Soag, the big boss of DIAMOND DOGS and expert at mafia cqc and infiltration.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Podima posted:

Kashuno replaces EccoRaven due to an unfortunate confluence of circumstances!

Now get imgay in here and we’ve got all the Dogs awuuuuu

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Absolutely loved this game, agreed on the points of

- personal comments being uncalled for, I agree utterly and will abandon this particular play style. I absolutely stand by my meta-case on infinitum though, and I maintain that casing and exposing his toxic play is actually a cross-genre Town play for generations to enjoy.

- prince of space should absolutely play more games

- that if you don’t like actually playing mafia, don’t sign up for soldiers mafia. The lurker/white noise contingent in Texas was maddening.

- peramene is cool

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey Gaspy! Hope you don't take the confessionals too much to heart, I was so torn all the time on you being scum or not :sweatdrop: I was tempted to go back and edit poo poo but the dumpster fire of this game should be fully documented hahaha

Oh I haven’t read them yet, I’ll go check it out RIGHT NOW!

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Eh nothing that bad there. I knew I hosed up there, that’s why I left the chat.

The fact is I do just really, really love soldiers mafia.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Btw, what was up with tpink and Nat20 getting potatoed in the middle of the game? Did that come from you Bif?

Nah bif does good avatars.

I feel like I’m missing an injoke here though, didn’t that one guy have that potato for their av forever? I just assumed it was them.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bif sign up for TWEWY I sent you a link on Facebook and told you how excited I am to play it

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

I can write it out in a dribbling spiel later but the short answer is two things;

- the sense of unity and purpose IDEALLY creates quite a cohesive environment, a real sense of mafia players all working TOGETHER to work towards something bigger than themselves. As you can imagine, the Texas thread was like seeing my hopes and dreams loaded into a dumpster and set ablaze. On a personal level there’s also this ongoing issue with people not listening to Bif, or dismissing a lot of the work she does, so having CONFIRMED TOWN LEADER bif in a Soldiers game? Well my idealistic vision for that scenario and how it turned out could not be further apart.

- in a Soldiers game, there’s always stuff to be doing, but not in a role madness OP shits bananas way, but in a structured, quantifiable way. Each person has a role, but that role only works if you’re working as a team. Even if you’re not in battle, you have a solid game of mafia to play during the day, extra data during prelim (people’s reactioms and claims) and then the battle mini game. It’s got so many layers and opportunities for analysis COMBINED with this sense of camaraderie and unity, what’s not to love? Again, when we then have people “opting out” of actually doing any analysis, it undermines the whole thing, but even this particular chaos hasn’t reduced my enthusiasm for Soldiers games one bit. You pick yourself up, learn from your mistakes and just get back in there.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

At least we'll always have D3. :3: I was posting that cheesy Undertale track and everything just wishing I could see your face when you got to go into battle after all, and got healed, and then got healed again for even more with impetuous on top!

(or DID you get healed twice, Nat was in charge of the smaller day heal...)

I’m pretty sure I did, also got healed by busb right before I got blatted! Birdstrike told me I was the nk target basically because I had the lowest health, wishing now I’d announced THANKS FOR THE HEAL FEELIN GR8 instead of trying to hide how healthy I was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Gamerofthegame posted:

okay i got it

hold the gently caress up

a soldiers cult game where the scum/cult team are MSF abducting town into their base and because they're stealthy and poo poo team town doesn't get to see who they're actually fighting, but the game continues as normal

with hot cold man and big boss are the two leads ensuring everyone wins

Please stay out of birb and I’s private chats tyvm

• Locked thread