Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Hey, we don't specifically know he's asking for space crack. It could be space insulin for all you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

First Bloodborne's pigs and now Dean Hobbs, CJacobs revealing his love for fisting.

To be fair, the Soulsborne pigs are the most eminently fistable enemies ever created.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

White Coke posted:

Isn't this 2016-17 Doom's back story? What If A Corporation Found Hell And Said Drill Baby Drill!

I went through DOOM thinking the demons woke the Doomguy up to stop the UAC siphoning off their energy. And if he goes through a bunch of the rank-and-file on the way who gives a poo poo, we're in Hell and sociopathy is the default state of being.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

To be fair, the Soulsborne pigs are the most eminently fistable enemies ever created.

Porcine Proctology is just the best.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

First Bloodborne's pigs and now Dean Hobbs, CJacobs revealing his love for fisting.

And he's been streaming Fallout New Vegas. I guess we know why now.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
CJacobs, you didn’t show the audience the suicide bridge. :colbert:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bbcisdabomb posted:

I went through DOOM thinking the demons woke the Doomguy up to stop the UAC siphoning off their energy. And if he goes through a bunch of the rank-and-file on the way who gives a poo poo, we're in Hell and sociopathy is the default state of being.

That would be the literal definition of hubris though.
I'td be like voting for the leopard eating peoples faces party and not expecting leopards to eat your face.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That would be the literal definition of hubris though.
I'td be like voting for the leopard eating peoples faces party and not expecting leopards to eat your face.

The game WAS made in 2016, mind.

So you know. Appropriate.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lightning Knight posted:

CJacobs, you didn’t show the audience the suicide bridge. :colbert:

That's the bridge leading back to the Ops shortcut, right? Where that dude with the Butterfly always hangs out? Man, I've lost count of all the times I died there while trying to dodge that douchebag :allears:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CommissarMega posted:

That's the bridge leading back to the Ops shortcut, right? Where that dude with the Butterfly always hangs out? Man, I've lost count of all the times I died there while trying to dodge that douchebag :allears:

No I’m talking about the one that leads to your first Titan guy that can shoot at you. There’s some hilariously dark writing on the bridge related to suicide, and some memorial nameplates.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

The audio log from the other person who wasn't sedated seems kind of unnecessary - we already know all about this problem in extremely graphic detail, so why bother having someone else tell us exactly the same thing in audio log format? Just to go full armchair critic here, I think it could have been handled better if the audio log was from the point of view of a maintenance person complaining about having to constantly debug/repair the anasthesia robot, or a HR/managery type trying to weasel out of paying compensation etc.

Also I'm even more confused about the timeline after seeing that last video or two. Everyone's claiming things have only been going haywire for a couple of days max - which makes sense from one point of view because surely Warren would have died of thirst or starvation if he was out for a lot longer - but the environment looks like it's been all graffiti'd, smashed up and overgrown for months if not years.

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 28, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wouldn't judge the Mallory logs just yet, she's going to be pretty critically important to unraveling the game's story by the end. It's already pretty important that we know Warren's not the only one who had his supposedly pain-free sedated surgery get royally screwed up.

Crazy Achmed posted:

Also I'm even more confused about the timeline after seeing that last video or two. Everyone's claiming things have only been going haywire for a couple of days max - which makes sense from one point of view because surely Warren would have died of thirst or starvation if he was out for a lot longer - but the environment looks like it's been all graffiti'd, smashed up and overgrown for months if not years.

The outside area was called "Abandoned Production" for a reason :shrug:

edit: And even then, the inside of the building is relatively clean by comparison, considering there was basically an internal apocalypse a few days prior that ended up killing off most of the work force and turning the rest into insane zombies.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jan 28, 2018

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, Abandoned Production was like that long before the The Surge™. As for the inside, things get progressively cleaner as we go on, and I suspect Central Production B (the area we're in now) was always this cluttered. The bloodstains and such are new though.

Say, are you going to enable the Fire and Ice DLC? I think people need to see (minor DLC weapon spoiler) the fire chainsword :circlefap:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am going to show those weapons off in a bonus feature of some kind, but I won't be enabling it for the main LP because The Surge already has a giant pile of weapons and even more added with the DLC and I don't want things to get too cluttered. There's no way to remove something from the crafting list once you've obtained the schematic for it so eventually I'd have to scroll through 35-ish weapons every single time I wanted to craft or upgrade something and that's just a hassle.

But the weapons in the Fire and Ice pack are really awesome, so they will get screentime in some form.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just love the descriptions for them. They're perfect. Especially the staff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of which, not having a huge backlog of vids saved up gives me a chance to ask the thread about something I've been wondering: How do you folks think I should implement reading the armor/weapon/implant descriptions? They're all pretty funny and well written and I have an hour long video of reading off every single one of them aloud (from the ops center menu) that I'm not sure what to do with. There are way, way too many to read the descriptions whenever I pick up a new one- like half the videos would become me reading their descriptions in a funny techbro voice.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'd say maybe put a 5-10 minute segment at the end of each video of you reading a few. A whole hour of that would be too much, but an optional bit at the end would be good

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, Kaboom Dragon's way would be good. That said, if it's too much video editing work and such, I'd personally be satisfied with a bunch of screenshots.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That was my thought too. The hardest part would be looking to make sure I don't put in any duplicates and going back through the video to take note of all the new ones in that episode, but that's not a big deal.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I'd say maybe put a 5-10 minute segment at the end of each video of you reading a few. A whole hour of that would be too much, but an optional bit at the end would be good

Yeah, this is good.

:bandwagon:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm fine with screenshots personally, but for people who watch your LPs without having an account Kaboom Dragoon's suggestion is better.

Makes the LP more evergreen as well, so you don't have to go to an archived thread to find them if you're on a rewatch.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I tried watching an LP where the guy read out the description of everything he found while playing and it got properly annoying very quickly, I agree with Kaboom's suggestion.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Maybe you could put them in thread as well. The ones you read out in the last few "Extra" minutes could get written under the video in a spoiler. That way the people who get really bored of listening to someone talk over a bunch of text, can just read it at their own pace.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose it's too early to ask if this is going to work a little like Dark Souls where there's a cast of NPCs some of whom will also be headed into later areas for their own reasons. Neither of these fellows seem too inclined to roaming, but you never know.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The next video answers your question pretty well, but it's not really a spoiler or anything so I'll just say the game has a mix of both.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/4954/announcing-the-surge-2

GUI fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Feb 7, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

WOAH

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
OH MY GOD WOW HOLY poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WOW

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress YES
gently caress YES
FUUUCK YEEES!

A little disappointed it doesn't have the protagonist I'd like (though that discussion will have to wait for the DLC), but poo poo, more The Surge sounds like a damned good thing! Here's to hoping Focus Home goes for a The Surgeborne sometime after this too! :v:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Bugger me, I did not expect to see that any time soon. The mention of it being set in a sprawling cityscape has my interest as well. I'm hoping for something like those 'Tokyo Dark Souls' images that did the rounds a while back, it's a concept that really needs to be picked up.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I was watching the Evil Within LP CJacobs did and midway through that they announced the sequel. Now I'm watching this one and they announce a sequel.

I guess what I'm saying is, get CJ to do a LP of whatever series you want brought back.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Nighthand posted:

I was watching the Evil Within LP CJacobs did and midway through that they announced the sequel. Now I'm watching this one and they announce a sequel.

I guess what I'm saying is, get CJ to do a LP of whatever series you want brought back.

does that mean he is responsible for the bubsy reboot?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
do Dragon's Dogma next CJacobs tia

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
You fools, the sequel powers only worked while CJ wasn't aware of them!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Quick, get him to do Dragon's Dogma and then make him forget why he was doing dragon's dogma!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
One step closer to the Souls-like Singularity, caused by CJacobs simultaneously LPing every single one of them as more come out every week.

(I hope The Surge 2 has zero robots with third arms/wheels)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Or at least extra limbs that you can easily attack, fukken three-wheel bots.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

Nighthand posted:

This is like TheDarkID doing Drakengard and Nier games. The most unlikely sequel announcements!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Everything I've seen about this game suggests it is 100% about clubbing people to death with giant chunks of industrial machinery like it's TLC wrestling match in the sci fi future.

And it looks great.