Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

This year's been buck wild for gamers and I haven't gotten anywhere near as many games beat as I want. I figure, there's two weeks left before the end of the year and I've got a bunch of time off, so I'm going to try to beat at least three of the following:

1. Nier: Automata (Currently on Route C)
2. Dark Souls 3 DLC (Just got to the first boss of ringed city)
3. Yakuza 0 (Think I'm on chapter 12)
4. Super Punch Out (This game loving rules and I want to beat it)
5. Final Fantasy 3 (Think I've got like two dungeons left before Kefka's Tower)

Post in here about your own 2017 goals, games that you want to play before 2018, or what the new year's going to look like for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

My main goals for the end of the year are to beat Persona 3 Portable (don't know if this is going to happen, I think I'm only about a third of the way through) and Mega Man 8 (definitely doable, I'm up to the Wily stages). For next year I want to dig into my intense backlog and really try not to start any new games until I've beaten a few of the ones I've already started. Hopefully by the end of January I'll be moved into my new house and my epic gamer den will be ready for action.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its called.final fantasy 6 you motherficker

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im playing on the snes classic qed

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
4,000 hours of monster hunter world beta rd. 2 (for gently caress's sake)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I should really wrap up Bravely Second already

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
I'd like to finish Persona 5. I played through the intro back when it first came out and only recently got back into it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I got to the fifth world in Bravely Default today, hopefully I'll beat it here in the next week.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

2017 was the year of Persona for me, I beat 5, 4 and am playing 3 in that order

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to play so much counter strike i feel sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I want to all plat Non-Stop Infinite Climax in Bayonetta 1 PC as Jeanne before the end of the year.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its called.final fantasy 6 you motherficker

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I want to beat Yakuza 0 by the end of the year. I could finish the plot in an afternoon, but I really want to complete the Real Estate and Cabaret Club stuff first though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to catch the 5 legendary fish of Stardew Valley before 2018.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I知 going to be in Japan for New Years Eve and on my 16 hour flight over I want to complete the Master Mode Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
keeping up with my thread concepts better

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I知 going to be in Japan for New Years Eve and on my 16 hour flight over I want to complete the Master Mode Trial of the Sword in Breath of the Wild.

I'm stuck on this too. It's kicking my rear end.

I want to try and finish Nier and BotW. I also want to have all my punishes and bnb combos down cold with Stalin in Tekken 7.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I will defeat Calamity Ganon

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

played some ff3 and super punch out last night. finished a couple of dungeons but got nuked in the cult of kefka because i forgot that theres one monster that can actually hurt you. still on track for three games by end of year

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

played some ff3 and super punch out last night. finished a couple of dungeons but got nuked in the cult of kefka because i forgot that theres one monster that can actually hurt you. still on track for three games by end of year

If you really never beat FF6 I am legit jealous. That game is so great and the ending (especially the music) is :discourse:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

If you really never beat FF6 I am legit jealous. That game is so great and the ending (especially the music) is :discourse:

oh like a million times lol. i just havent played it in like 10 years and i got the itch when i saw it was on the snes classic. think i might try brave new world in 2018, it seems like it does some really cool poo poo

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Every time I try to play 6 I het to the point where you get the feral blue magic guy into the party and then I stop playing. Has happened 4 times now over the years. Maybe that値l be my goal next year.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Isn't there an item to skip random encounters... I think I used it on that tower cause gently caress that place

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

there is but i wanted to use characters i never use this run so mog's out and i dont remember where you get the item to reduce encounter frequency instead of eliminating it. its a fuckin terrible dungeon though yeah, what a slog

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

there is but i wanted to use characters i never use this run so mog's out and i dont remember where you get the item to reduce encounter frequency instead of eliminating it. its a fuckin terrible dungeon though yeah, what a slog

You can get it at the Coliseum I think

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

tao of lmao posted:

Every time I try to play 6 I het to the point where you get the feral blue magic guy into the party and then I stop playing. Has happened 4 times now over the years. Maybe that値l be my goal next year.

Gau is awesome but you wouldn't know it unless you experiment with him for several hours or look up which 4 of his 500 rages are the good ones. The good ones are REALLY good, though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the cat you can get when you first get to the veldt is one of the best ones in the game thank you Cat Scratch skill

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

the cat you can get when you first get to the veldt is one of the best ones in the game thank you Cat Scratch skill

This

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the flowers you can fight in the painting in owzer's house are fuckin insane, IIRC its the only way to get charm in the game and can lock down 100% of enemies including bosses

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fungah! posted:

the flowers you can fight in the painting in owzer's house are fuckin insane, IIRC its the only way to get charm in the game and can lock down 100% of enemies including bosses

I always liked how Jidoor has it's own town music for no discernable reason

Also a nice treat when most of the towns in the World of Ruin have the sad music, but once in a while you get surprised with the nice Kids Run Through the City music

tao of lmao posted:

I've beaten the game like 7 times and I have no clue who the feral blue magic guy is. The feral guy is Gau, but he's not blue and can't do magic. I guess Umaro is kind of blue but he doesn't do magic either.

I seriously have no idea who you could be talking about lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

does MHW beta progress carry over

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

does MHW beta progress carry over

no but you get bonus items at launch for killng all the monsters once

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

I'm going to try to get the Zodiac Age plat over the break, all I really need to do is level up a bit and then beat Yiazmat, Omega, and the trial mode.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I've beaten the game like 7 times and I have no clue who the feral blue magic guy is. The feral guy is Gau, but he's not blue and can't do magic. I guess Umaro is kind of blue but he doesn't do magic either.

I'm assuming he means Gau because he's feral and uses enemy abilities, like a blue mage does. Never mind the fact that there is an actual Blue Mage later in the game. Just my take on it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah you guys are right and it痴 always been on my radar of games i need to beat, but I just felt my time with the game peaked when Sabin suplexed a fuckin train.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's Gau, "Blue Mage" is traditionally the Final Fantasy class that copies skills from enemies

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh I forgot you get Strago too lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i will never forget strago protecting realm from notorious pervert edgar

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i guess the big difference is you can't control what gau casts, while strago works more like a straight-up blue mage. gau is sort of like a berserker/mage combo, which is really cool, and hasn't been done since in a FF game that i know of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
realm is also like a blue mage, but far more useless unless you want to glitch the game

• Locked thread